Barcelona Airport

Everyone has given u the details. If u can navigate the JFK'S,ORD'S,LAX'S and ATL'S you will be OK in BCN, It's big, busy,lots of signs, noisy, lots of PAX and out front mucho taxi's.

Ciao,

I live 30 miles north Barcelona and I use frequently airport:

Both flights, from Paris or from London are international flight and Schengen area, simply use A or B depending company (the plane can land in front terminal B but if company use terminal A your claim area is A, and to the inverse one) .Airfrance,Alitalia,Klm,Delta use terminal A for arrivals and for departures and claim baggage area is in terminal A also. British airways use terminal B because is a partner to Iberia company and both use terminal B and claim area is in terminal B. Ex: If you arrive from Paris in Aifrance flight, your arrival terminal is A and if you arrive from Paris in a Iberia flight your arrival terminal is B. If you arrive from London in a British or Iberia Flight your terminal is B and if you arrive from London in a Easy jet flight your terminal is A. The Barcelona aiport is very accessible, you can reach two terminals by foot in less than 5 minutes.

If you have a connexion in Charles De Gaulle airport, need a lot of time for transit between terminals, is a big big big airport, need to take a shuttle bus for to run between terminals . If both flight arrive and depart in same terminal, transit is not a big problem. But usually flights from US use different terminal that european departures.

No offense to the above poster, but while the UK is indeed a member of the European Union, it is NOT a member of the Schengen agreement.

Therefore, flights to Barcelona from Paris do not have passport control in Barcelona, while flights from London DO have passport control after landing in Barcelona.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

Hello. Did you like the Hotel Regencia Colon? I have reserved there for our night before the cruise in September.

Thanks.

It's definitely fine for one night. I loved the location. It's across from the Gothic catedral, a short walk to La Rambla, and near a stop on the hop on/off bus. The room & bath were adequate, though they had already turned the AC off (I went in October). And it was hot, hot, hot. We had to open the windows to keep cool at night. There was lots of noise due to the trash bins below and the street below (lots of honking). It didn't bother me too much since I was so jetlagged and tired. But, it did wake me a couple times.

From my Tripadvisor Review:

Stayed at the Regencia Colon Oct. 21, 2005 precruise. We paid $153 for a regular double sized room.

LOCATION: Perfect! located in the barri gothic quarter directly across from the Cathedral. Within walking distance to La Ramblas. Bus Touristic has a stop nearby also. Several restaurants across the street, including Cafe Bisbe which I give high marks. Pharmacy also nearby (and a Starbucks, but I refused to even consider that!)

ROOM: Small, typical European. Two twins pushed together in our double room. Bath was small, compact with a narrow shower/tub combo and toilet & bidet. Dental kit, shampoo, bath milk, soaps etc provided. Room had an AC themometer but it didn't work, so no AC. Room was very warm during the day, but we opened the window at night which cooled our room to a comfortable level. Room was furnished appropriately but nothing to write home about.

LOBBY/FRONT DESK: The daytime front desk workers were not the most pleasant individuals, but they did speak English. The nighttime desk worker was very funny and very helpful. The elevator is very small and has a manual door. We were allowed to store our luggage during our check out day in the lobby.

BARCELONA: Don't miss Sagrada Familia, the cathedral, and walking down La Ramblas to the port. We also did the Frommers walking tour in the Gothic quater. We really enjoyed our days in Barcelona precruise, but beware of the pickpockets (women begging with babies or anyone who attempts to pin a flower on your shirt!)

OVERALL- hotel was fine for our needs- a place to rest our head after a transatlantic flight and a day full of sightseeing. We didn't spend much time in the room. Great location.

Just got in last night. Spent about six hours of my worst in life in Barcelona Airport. No organization whatsoever, thousands of people in line for baggage check, that part took us 2 hours, no air, one man was knocked over by porter with carts, I mean we thought we were in the twilight zone. I will never go there again!!! Good luck! Cherie

Hi

Any:confused: ideas for inexpensive hotels in the Ramblas area? Looking for next summer. Stayed Le Meridien last time, but it is 350 euros a night now.

Thanks to other posters we found the Hotel Continental on the Ramblas.. 60 rooms and many of them filled with cruisers. Also, a recommendation of a taxi driver/guide Auriello turned out to be perfect. He picked us up with all our luggage dropped us off at the hotel, the next day picked us up for a tour of Barcelona.. we saw more of Barcelona in one day than the average tourist sees in a week.. the next a.m. again Auriello was at our hotel and dropped us off at the port.. The best $$ we ever spent.. and if we go back.. Auriello gets the first e-mail to be reserved.. and the hotel too. The Continental offers a free continental breakfast in the Common Room and free refreshments all day long.. It isn[t the Meridian, but it's clean and comfortable.. and on the top of The Ramblas.. I've already received a wonderful thank you fvrom somebody who used Auriello.. parrotmom@comcast.net for more info

Need some input from those that know BCN well. Our flight leaves at 11:10 a.m. We are leaving the day AFTER our cruise ends. Will that make a difference in the 2 hour check-in time I have been reading about? My question is what time should we arrive at the airport to give us enough time "not to panic" and to make our flight at 11:10 a.m.? Thanks for any input you might be able to give us!

Pooh

Need some input from those that know BCN well. Our flight leaves at 11:10 a.m. We are leaving the day AFTER our cruise ends. Will that make a difference in the 2 hour check-in time I have been reading about? My question is what time should we arrive at the airport to give us enough time "not to panic" and to make our flight at 11:10 a.m.? Thanks for any input you might be able to give us!

Pooh

I had an 11:30 am flight out of BCN, and I arrived at the airport around 8am (and I was one of the first few off the ship). I stood in line for about 2 hours, waiting to checkin. The line was soo long. Our ship was the only ship disembarking that morning and it was only half full. It's just a very busy airport.

I'd aim to get to the airport between 8:30-9am at the latest. :rolleyes:

Archived