15 night Hawaii - wardrob question

skwir

Marc,

From scouring posts (I'm on the 9/21 cruise) I have heard that there are 3 formal nights - 1 going out and 2 coming back. Have seen nothing about semi-formal.

Don't even know if that data is good but I'm packing for 3 formal and just some nice pants and tops for everything else.

Dru

Princess has pretty well given up on the semi-formal dress category, and sticks with the two main:

Formal

Elegant (resort) casual

Many traditionalists, including me, take a sports jacket/tie, although no longer part of the code.

Three formal nights on a Princess 15 day cruise. As Michael has said, no semi formal nights. Only two catagories, Formal and smart casual which for most guys is dockers/casual slacks and golf shirts/SS sport shirts.

On a 15 dayer there are only three formal nights, and the rest are "smart casual". But, I usually take a suit and a sport coat, as well as my Tux, and then we have a couple of our own "informal" nights. Usually a Saturday or a Sunday.

I will be on the March 5th cruise. I usually rent a tux for our previous cruises at a cost of about $100 for a 7 day cruise. Can anyone tell me the cost of renting a tux for a 15 day cruise.

Thanks

because there is one formal night going to Hawaii, then a break of 5 port days and 2 formal nights going to CA. To pack lighter, wear the same formal outfit going and coming. No one will remember due to the port days interruption except you. That is what we did in April 2004.

No sportcoat is required, but would certainly look nice if you so desired to wear one.

Gloria is absolutely correct. You don't need three different formal outfits since there is a spread of so many days. The rest of the days, I just wore a casual (knit or jean) dress and sandals and was fine. After visiting Hawaii, a lot of people wear (you guessed it!) Hawaiian shirts, muu-muus, etc.

Also to pack lighter, don't forget that there are laundries onboard where you can wash your underwear, shirts, etc. I brought only enough for 7 days and just washed and recycled.

Archived