Explorer D1 vs JS Cabin..

I can upgrade from a D1 balcony to a suite guarantee for 100.00 per person, which is a savings of 500.00 per person if we picked a JS Suite ourselves, would you do it ?? are there any perks with a JS Suite, I know there are with the Grand Suite but I doubt I would get put in that cabin. :)

I would do it based on the following reasons:

1.) You get 2 cruise credits towards your Crown and Anchor points.

2.) Nice bathroom with a tub

3.) More room

4.) Priority check in...some have said that you do not get priority check in with a JS but I have called RCCL on more than one occasion and have been told that yes, you do in fact get priority check in with a JS.

5.) Larger balcony, especially if it is aft.

For that price, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Perks with the JS cabin are debatable. You will get an extra C&A cruise credit for the cat. JS, which in my mind makes it worth the extra $100.

Some will say that you get priorty boarding and robes in your room to use while onboard. However, this seems to be hit and miss. The JS is not really a suite and you do not have access to the conceirge lounge, the private embarkation lounge or priorty debarkation. At least I think that's been the general concensus.

The room itself feels much larger and we found the sitting area to be wonderful. The JS on Explorer also has a bathtub in the bathroom and a very large, walk in type closet.

I have pics of our JS on Explorer on our webshots page. The link to the Explorer pics can be found in my signature below.

Another perk with a JS is the very nice shampoo and conditioner and body lotion you get! So much better than the dispenser stuff! I always bring my own but a couple cruises ago our luggage was lost and I had inadvertently packed my shampoo and conditioner in my luggage. (Brain lapse) So I can testify this stuff was great!:D

Another perk with a JS is the very nice shampoo and conditioner and body lotion you get! So much better than the dispenser stuff! I always bring my own but a couple cruises ago our luggage was lost and I had inadvertently packed my shampoo and conditioner in my luggage. (Brain lapse) So I can testify this stuff was great!:D

Gosh, the two JS's we've had (on Voyager) only had the dispenser stuff. But we did get priority embarkation.

Have been in both level cabins. The JS is the way to go. You get:

1. priority embarkation

2. Cabin is 277 square feet with a 69 sq. ft. balcony, unless you are aft.

3. larger bathroom

4. walk-in closet

5. Lots of draw space

6. Tub in bathroom

7. Toiletries in b'room

This was on EOS. Just got home yesterday.

Gosh, the two JS's we've had (on Voyager) only had the dispenser stuff. But we did get priority embarkation.

You're the second person today to report that. We have always had the better bathroom amenities in JSs (Navigator and Monarch). Another example of how inconsistent they are I guess :confused:

###

We recently sailed in a JS on the Explorer and had the shampoo, body wash & lotion( but no robes). The size of the room, balcony, bath & closet are very nice and there is a lot of storage. I think for that price difference it is well worth the upgrade.

You're the second person today to report that. We have always had the better bathroom amenities in JSs (Navigator and Monarch). Another example of how inconsistent they are I guess :confused:

###

Maybe they're slowly changing to the better stuff. When we sailed ExOS a few years back, we had the old dispenser stuff. I honestly don't recall what we had on Enchantment but I suspect it was the dispenser stuff as I don't recall anything special. We'll be on Vision in Sept. in a JS so I'll be sure to pay attention.

For us we really enjoy the aft facing cabins. We have a JS aft facing on the Explorer in September but in November we have a D1 cabin 1388 aft facing on the Adventure of the Seas and I wouldn't trade it for a JS on the side. Just personal preference we like the cabins at the back of the ship. Kind of nice that not everyone likes the same type cabins.

Years ago, Royal Caribbean changed from those individual little amenities in the big plastic sea shell to the shower-dispenser thingies in the basic rooms and the larger-bottled amenities in the Category Cs (Junior Suites) and above. We have a huge collection of these bottles, and clean them out and use them for other things---sunscreen, laundry detergent, aloe lotion, etc.

Two months ago, we sailed on the Empress in the Junior Suite. We had no nifty bottles of shampoo, bath gel, and body lotion; no chapstick, poufy-scrubbies or container with the cotton balls and Q-tips.....Our stateroom attendant told us that RCI was no longer putting these things in their Junior Suites. We had hoped he was wrong, or that it was only an Empress anomaly. From the sounds of some of the posts here though, I think this is the unfortunate way of the future.

Boo hoo.

Leslie

Archived