Spirits and Liqueurs

RustaRoo

I'm (almost!) certain I've seen a listing of spirits and liqueurs available for pre-purchase from Ship Services. Today, however, I can't seem to find it on HAL's website. The order forms are there for gifts, wine and champagne etc. but not for spirits and liqueurs (at least I didn't spot it). Help - anyone??

Thank you:)

I checked out the thread posted by WNYCruiser (thanks for posting it). Wow, what a lousy selection of scotches - anyway, does anyone know if those prices are for 750 ml or 1 liter?

Valerie:)

I just went back and looked at the post again and see that they have J & B Rare- now that one I will drink.

I e-mailed HAL last week with the sme question, they replied the next day, and said :

Hello,

Please utilize our 800 number and a Ship Services agent will be able to assist you.

We have many items and they can confirm availability and costing with you over the phone.

Thank you so much for choosing Holland America Line and I wish you a wonderful sailing.

tawhiti

Ship Services

I have never had trouble getting through to ships services, but I call the local number since I live near Seattle.

I checked out the thread posted by WNYCruiser (thanks for posting it). Wow, what a lousy selection of scotches - anyway, does anyone know if those prices are for 750 ml or 1 liter?

I just went back and looked at the post again and see that they have J & B Rare- now that one I will drink.

On all other lines they are liters, so I imagine that is the size. I know what you mean about selection. Fortunitely DHs choice is JW Red. Well not his choice if he can have anything, but in a normal price range. NMNita

Thanks so much for the information Nita. Despite the fact that I was born in Scotland, I just can't stand the Johnny Walkers - they are too "smoky" for my taste, but anyone who enjoys a single malt would find them at least adequate. Me, I like a nice blend and J & B Rare is one scotch that I do enjoy.

I buy my liquor at a Military Package Store and the prices are generally quite a bit less than "outside", however $37.00 for a liter of J & B is not too too bad. (I'll just have to sip a little slower;) ).

Valerie:D

Again Valerie I have to agree with you on all points. I can`t stand Johnny Walker for the same reason you gave, I am a J&B drinker and I also buy mine at the base package store, in fact I bought a litre today, $25........jean:cool:

Again Valerie I have to agree with you on all points. I can`t stand Johnny Walker for the same reason you gave, I am a J&B drinker and I also buy mine at the base package store, in fact I bought a litre today, $25........jean:cool:

You guys are making me sick, well maybe not: are you buying a liter or a 1.75 liter for $25? I think DH pays about $35 for a 1.75. Of course when we cruise we buy as much duty free as we can manage to handle. NMnita

Hi again Nita,

No, you don't need to feel really sick - I have never been able to buy 1.75 liters of a good scotch at a package store for $25.00 - it's more likely to be around $35.00/$45.00 depending upon the brand. Our (as in Military) prices are actually the same as duty free prices, we just get a break in that we don't have to pay those excise taxes - all other taxes (State and Federal) are firmly in place however.

Hi again Nita,

No, you don't need to feel really sick - I have never been able to buy 1.75 liters of a good scotch at a package store for $25.00 - it's more likely to be around $35.00/$45.00 depending upon the brand. Our (as in Military) prices are actually the same as duty free prices, we just get a break in that we don't have to pay those excise taxes - all other taxes (State and Federal) are firmly in place however.

ok, now I feel better, you pay about what we do. NMNita\\\\\\\\

ITEM

DESCRIPTION

PRICE

GINS

GIN: BEEFEATER $26.90

GIN: TANQUERAY

$33.10

GIN: BOMBAY SAPPHIRE

$38.00

LIQUEURS

LIQUEURS: AMARETTO

$39.35

LIQUEURS: BAILEYS IRISH CREAM

$41.40

LIQUEURS: COINTREAU

$53.80

LIQUEURS: DRAMBUIE

$49.70

LIQUEURS: GRAND MARNIER

$74.50

LIQUEURS: SAMBUCA - OPAL NERA

$39.35

LIQUEURS: SOUTHERN COMFORT

$39.35

LIQUEURS: TIA MARIA

$39.35

RUM

RUM: BACARDI GOLD

$26.90

RUM: BACARDI WHITE

$26.90

RUM: BACARDI LIMON

$29.00

RUM: MYERS

$30.00

SCOTCH/WHISKEY/BRANDY

SCOTCH: BALLENTINES

$34.15

SCOTCH: CHIVAS REGAL - 12 Y.O.

$57.95

SCOTCH: DEWAR'S White Label

$39.35

SCOTCH: J & B RARE

$37.25

SCOTCH: J. WALKER BLACK LABEL

$70.40

SCOTCH: J. WALKER RED LABEL

$37.25

BOURBON: JACK DANIELS BLACK

$45.55

BOURBON: JIM BEAM

$24.85

WHISKEY: CANADIAN CLUB

$30.00

WHISKEY: CROWN ROYAL

$39.35

WHISKEY: SEAGRAMS 7

$26.90

WHISKEY: SEAGRAMS V.O.

$26.90

WHISKEY - IRISH: JAMESON

$39.35

COGNAC: HENNESSY VS

$78.65

COGNAC: REMY MARTIN VSOP

$89.00

COGNAC: REMY MARTIN XO

$236.00

SHERRY

SHERRY: HARVEY'S MEDIUM

$60.05

SHERRY: TIO PEPE

$39.35

TEQUILA:

TEQUILA: JOSE QUERVO GOLD

$35.20

TEQUILA: JOSE QUERVO 1800

$43.45

VODKA:

VODKA: ABSOLUT

$29.00

VODKA: ABSOLUT - CITRON

$31.05

VODKA: STOLICH****

$24.85

VODKA: SKYY

$29.00

VODKA: FINLANDIA

$24.85

VODKA: SMIRNOFF

$24.85

VODKA: CHOPiN

$64.15

VODKA: GREY GOOSE

$68.30

VODKA: TANGUERAY STERLING

$31.05

VODKA: BELVEDERE

$64.15

All items have a 15% service charge included. Prices are subject to change.

and we don`t have to pay sales tax on the base!!.....jean:cool:

Oh Jean,

I was trying to keep that one secret.

What I am particularly greatful for is the fact that the U.S. government recognizes the retirees (20 or more years in service to our country) and rewards them with Exchange, Commissary and medical benefits and at the same time any profits made by the Exchanges and Commissaries go to MWR (Morale, Welfare and Recreation) which benefits those who are now on active duty. To me it is a win win situation. We sleep easy in our beds at night because of all those men and women who chose a more challenging (but truly rewarding and honorable) occupation and at the same time we are supporting those who are following in their footsteps.

I don't know at which military base you shop but I go to MCAS Miramar and am saluted and waved through the gate by these incredible young men and women and I have to admit that I look at them and think: are you going to be the next casualty of war? God bless them.

Thanks so much RustaRoo for the update on prices. I see that my J & B Rare has gone up a whole 25 cents. I had better be booking another cruise ASAP. (Good grief, does this woman have no shame? She will use any excuse to book another cruise or two!;) ).

Seriously, thanks again for the update. Oh, and I am looking to book anaother cruise ASAP anyway.

Valerie, I know what you mean about supporting our young men and women who are serving. Our middle son just retired with 24 years and has decided to stay in England. Our youngest son who is a colonel and flies AWACS, has 19 years in..............jean:cool:

We noticed a big difference in our mini bar on our last cruise (even though we never use it). On previous cruises we used to have 2 vodkas, 2 gins, 2 Grand Mariner's , etc. That way if you both wanted to drink the same thing, you could. On our June Statendam cruises, there was only 1 of everything!!

We noticed a big difference in our mini bar on our last cruise (even though we never use it). On previous cruises we used to have 2 vodkas, 2 gins, 2 Grand Mariner's , etc. That way if you both wanted to drink the same thing, you could. On our June Statendam cruises, there was only 1 of everything!!
We still had two of everything on our June Rotterdam cruise.

Can anyone tell me that if you buy liquor on board if you can take that bottle back to your cabin to drink? What about also buying liquor at the duty free, can it also be taken back to your cabin? I would imagine the prices listed are in U.S. dollars. The price list I have seen on this thread to me is expensive compared to our canadian liquor stores. Marlene

Archived