Celebrity vs Princess: South America on Infinity

svetas74

Hi,

we have never sailed celebrity before. We did Princess (loved it) and Royal Caribbean (it was OK).

There is a Panama Canal/South America Cruise on Infinity that we were considering and I just wanted to get people's opinion on the cruise itself, ship, and the difference between the lines.

Thanks so much,

Lana

I have elite status on both lines. Have sailed the Infinity before and the Constellation several times. I have also sailed three times on the Grand class Princess ships. I am booked on the 2/24/07 Golden Princess cruise to South America. I did price Celebrity and found I could get a mini suite on the Golden for what they wanted for an outside on the Infinity. Case closed as it came down to price and value. The food on Celebrity may be better, but they are equal in all other ways. Price them both and then you decide.

I booked the Infinity for B2B for South America at the end of this year. I have elite status and a great CC aft cabin at a fair price that I received the day the itenerary was listed with sales while aboard the Summit in Alaska. For the food alone, especially the United States restaurant, would lead me to select Celebrity this time.

I am just short of Elite for Princess, however I would have free internet on Princess. Sometimes I find the Princess ships to be a bit more lite-hearted and fun. I have definitely found the CC groups on Princess more friendly.

Thanks for starting this thread.......

We are DIAMOND with RCI but have never sailed Celebrity -- until the December / South America cruise this year; the choice was based on itinerary, dates, AFT cabin availability & fare.

We have never been fond of Princess (the line -- not the passengers) but on our two recent cruises (NCL & RCI) the CC gang have made all the difference :D

Thanks for starting this thread.......

We are DIAMOND with RCI but have never sailed Celebrity -- until the December / South America cruise this year; the choice was based on itinerary, dates, AFT cabin availability & fare.

We have never been fond of Princess (the line -- not the passengers) but on our two recent cruises (NCL & RCI) the CC gang have made all the difference :D

The CC group does help make for a better cruise and we have always found the NCL group the friendliest. NMnita

I have cruised extensively on both lines. I give higher marks to Celebrity in most areas of the cruise. The one thing that I think that Princess does better than Celebrity is their organization of shore excursions. With Celebrity they say meet the excursion on the pier and sometimes that can be confusing and with Princess they have you go to the largest lounge on the ship where they call you by excursion.

But, both would be nice cruises.

We took a South America cruise last January and will be there again this coming year as part of a larger cruise we are booked on. It is a wonderful area to cruise. To us, it was more beautiful and breataking than say Alaska. A great cruise.

Keith

Archived