Hotel question FLL- Grande VS Amerisuites

NOREALWORK

Well this is my first time on the site. I have read this post quite a bit lately. Thanks to yall I now have questions and information. I have a choice. We land in FLL on 9/9/06 for cruise number 4. This time Enchantment. I have 2 days with DH before we sail. I have 2 reservations. $79.00 plus tax per night at Grande (Waterway View Room) and $75.00 plus tax at Amerisuites. We do no have a car to leave during the cruise. I want to go to sites. Water taxis or cab will be OK. Cab or shuttle to airport post cruise??? How about it-- which one is best? I also thought of DH- he is in the marine boat industry and likes to evaluate boats-ships. You know whatever floats. Does anyone know when the rentavations will be finished on the Grande? :confused:

I have stayed at both hotels (though before the hurricane) and I would pick the Grande (used to be Marriott) hands down over Amerisuites.

They are about 6-7 blocks away from each other. The Grande is right next to the water taxi and you will be able to see the ship from the hotel.

I have stayed at the Grande when it was still the Marriott Marina. GREAT hotel, great location, right on the water taxi line. I think you will certainly enjoy this hotel much more than the Amerisuites. Good choice.

OK . Now on to other thoughts and plans. I need a good vacation after today.:eek: Thanks to you all for the input. It is 100 degrees today in Nashville Tennessee. That cool water and a good massage will be so great.

Donna

I also booked it for 69 dollars a nite. Go to Travelzoo.com and click on lodging, then fort lauderdale. The rate is good for travel until Oct. 8th. But you must book by midnite tonight. They don't charge your credit card until you check in. If you miss the August 4th date keep checking they run it almost every other week. Good luck

HI, You have to click on Florida. Then the specials will pop up. This week it looks like its the BahiaMar Hotel. Keep checking they change it quite often. One of the posts said you can get the Fort Lauderdale Grande on priceline, for 60.00. I don't know if I would take a chance. I would wait until its offered again on travelzoo. The don't charge your credit card until check in and you can cancel if you have to. When I first booked for October it was for 79.00 and then I checked travelzoo a few weeks later and they offered it for 69.00 with an upgrade to the best room and 2 for 1 drink tickets for the bar, so I called and they changed it to the lower rate with no problem. Hope this helps you. Chris

Hi

I´ve tried looking on Travelzoo too, but for Dec there are no offers yet. They seem to change the offers frequently and have "book by" closing dates. The offers seem to cover the coming 1- 2 months.

I will wait a while and keep checking - maybe I´ll get lucky, but if not I am also booked at the Amerisuites, so won`t be "bedless":p Sounds like the Grande is a better deal though!

Archived