Labadee???

hkolln

I have not been to Labadee yet, so I have some questions:

Royal Caribbean's website doesn't mention the bananna boat rides. Does that mean you can't sign up until you're on the island?

We're considering doing the jet ski ride, though I understand it's kind of a tour instead of a do-your-own-thing ride. How many people would be included in each group? I don't think I'd like to be one of 40 jet skis, but if it were a group of 10 or so, I'd enjoy it.

I don't think you can reserve the banana boats in advance. I believe the cost is $10 and you charge it to your seapass card. We didn't go on them ourselves, but my daughter's friends did and had a great time. We plan to try them next year.

What I saw of the jetskiing appeared to be a group of about 10 at a time. You can't just go off on your own. They have a guide that leads you on a tour and everyone follows. The dive shop on the ship can give you info on these excursions also.

We spent a relaxing day in the lounge chairs, snorkeling/swimming and exploring the island. It's beautiful!

Also with their water park (lots of inflatable things in the water you can climb and jump on) once it's at max capacity, that's it..try to go and do this first..I noticed there were always jet skis and banana boats (almost always)..most folks just hung out at the beaches there..bring your water shoes cause I did cut my foot on something on the beach in the back and I have heard that RCCL imports the sand there as the beaches are naturally rocky!

Make sure you take the time to follow the foot path to the other side of the beach area. There are lovely spots to take photos of the ship, and beautiful spots for just enjoying the beauty of the island. We usually take the walk, then go back to the beach area and just enjoy the day.

• 9 years later...

There are no dogs or other major animals. Labadee is a fenced off beach....non-employees cannot get in...neither can their animals. You can't get out, either. This area is totally segregated from the country of Haiti. No worries.

We use this as a simple beach day....hammocks, if you want one....sun or shade....swim or not....great day!

• 3 months later...