Beautiful and Elegant ms Maasdam......

sail7seas

We loved the Cadillac Mountain Tour and lobster lunch in Bar Harbor. Really nice tour with a terrific guide. She gave plenty of information without going on and on too much.

It's so good to read this! If memory serves it was this tour that you posted about asking our opinion on whether or not you should book this tour. The vote was for you to go for it, and you decided to accept our collective wisdom.

Glad it worked out well.

It's nice to read that you're still having a nice time, and that it's still "your" ship.

At least you got up the Saguenay this year!

Sail,

So glad you are having such a wonderful cruise. I am glad that you are having "perfect" weather. What a great cruise for your friends, I think I can remember you saying it was their first time. I am sure they will return for many more. Enjoy this last week.

Jennie

A few more questions if you don't mind....

Were you charged for breakfast in the Pinnacle and were there different offerings than in the dining room?

I think that you are doing back-to-back cruises, Boston - Montreal and then Montreal-to-Boston, we'll be on the Montreal-to-Boston sailing August 26th and have a cabin on the port side. I was wondering if there was anything during the cruise that had a better view advantage on one side versus the other so that we know ahead to go up on deck rather than view from our balcony? My DH is an avid photographer and I have been telling him that there may be some great opportunities for good photographs.

Thanks for your help and continue to enjoy!!

we'll be on the Montreal-to-Boston sailing August 26th and have a cabin on the port side. I was wondering if there was anything during the cruise that had a better view advantage on one side versus the other so that we know ahead to go up on deck rather than view from our balcony?

We did Montreal-Boston in May. We did not have a balcony so we went up to the deck for all our picture taking. In the beginning of the trip you are on the St. Lawrence, so the view is pretty much the same on both sides. PEI will be on the port side as you travel. Nova Scotia and the Maine coast will be on the starboard side. BUT, during each sail away we found interesting photo opportunites on both sides.

I just thought I would let everyone know that Sail is still having a great time and wishing she did not have to get off her Maasdam this Saturday. She has been having problems logging into the CC board the last couple of days and she just wants us to know she has not forgotten us.:) We will be getting a full report on Saturday and will answer everyone's questions.

I just thought I would let everyone know that Sail is still having a great time and wishing she did not have to get off her Maasdam this Saturday. She has been having problems logging into the CC board the last couple of days and she just wants us to know she has not forgotten us.:) We will be getting a full report on Saturday and will answer everyone's questions.

You should get commission for doing the relay!;)

S7S, good to hear you're having a great time! Keep it up! Quick question: what's the amphibious tour? Does it include a ride in WWII-era DUKWS?

Yes, John. It is the DUKWS they use. DH and our friend said they enjoyed the tour. He said he'd book it again on our Maasdam cruise next year so I can do it. I was sorry have to leave the vehicle with my girlfriend just minutes after we boarded. :( Oh well......hopefully, we'll try again next year.

A few more questions if you don't mind....

Were you charged for breakfast in the Pinnacle and were there different offerings than in the dining room?

I think that you are doing back-to-back cruises, Boston - Montreal and then Montreal-to-Boston, we'll be on the Montreal-to-Boston sailing August 26th and have a cabin on the port side. I was wondering if there was anything during the cruise that had a better view advantage on one side versus the other so that we know ahead to go up on deck rather than view from our balcony? My DH is an avid photographer and I have been telling him that there may be some great opportunities for good photographs.

Thanks for your help and continue to enjoy!!

Pinnacle Breakfast is for "S" and "PS" passengers. There is no additional charge for it. Seeing as we never had breakfast in the main dining room I'm not sure about the menu being the same but I am almost positive, the menu is the same.

We had not been to a Pinnacle Breakfast (or Queen's Room) for a long time but decided to try it again and were happy we did.

We think Pinnacle on Maasdam both for breakfast and dinner was excellent. Hellmit (the Pinnacle Manager) is doing a wonderful job and we found him to 'go the extra mile' to make everyone's experience excellent.

As to views.......

We were Starboard (which is most rare for us). We had to take Starboard as that was the only Suite we could book without having to move for both weeks.

As it turned out, we were thrilled as usually Maasdam docks port to the dock in Halifax but because of on-going construction, the ship was starboard to the dock both weeks. We got to see and hear the pipers and drummers from our verandah on arrival and departure.

Also because of strong currents one of the days in PEI, we were starboard to the dock whereas normally not. We got to have both views seeing as we docked different sides the two weeks.

If you think of any other questions, please ask away. I'm happy to try to help.

Thank you for passing along my message, Lisa. :) I could not get logged into CC yesterday or a few days prior.

I had trouble logging on from the Noordam, too.

We had trouble the following week too Jim - I was told by the internet manager to avoid being logged in when the ship was entering or leaving port - it seemed to help.

Welcome Home Sail! Can't wait to hear all about your trip - sounds like you had a wonderful time. :)

Welcome Home Sail!

Quick question about your tour in Bar Harbor- did they take you on a bus or a van? What type of vehicle and was it a large or small group?

We're taking the same tour on the 8/26 sailing and are so excited to hear you enjoyed the trip. How was the lobster lunch? I'd love to hear a little about it.

Archived