Just checking!!!

Ok-- Maybe old age is setting in-- but I've tried unsuccessfully to find the thread re: Beary Sweet's Bedbug ordeal-- am I just blind? Or has it vanished? Just being curious to see if you have finally heard from RCCL and got well-earned compensation? I think they should not have you waiting so long... you have been so patient-- and if it had been so many others-- they would have gone straight to the media. You gave them the benefit of the doubt etc-- they need to treat you right. (Please excuse this post--- if I missed something somewhere-- and you were taken care of etc.! Just enlighten my ignorance!:) )

P.S. I posted this once-- with the topic in the title-- and it came up invalid thread??? What is going on? Is this topic being censored??? Or am I crazy!!

Here I am.. The thread keep getting deleted, I guess they find it bad publicity for RCCL, even though I said the ship was wonderful.. they do not want the truth to be known...

just the last night was horrible with the bed bugs (enchantment of the seas) cabin 7094. I got an email today that said they are sorry but the ship has no liability, :eek: I sent back an email and told them I have been more than patient and more than nice... and have given them every opportunity to make this right. so I am a bit PO'd that they take this so lightly and do not see the significance of the problem. I told them I will get a lawyer, (only because it is the principle of the matter) (could care less about cost vs, compensation) it is all about being right, and RCCL not owning up to the problem, and told them I will take it to the media if I cannot get a better response than "sorry"

so that is all I can tell you at this point...

Thanks for asking

So I am not going crazy! I had a hunch when my original new thread would not come up-- that had more specifics in the title. I am so sorry Monica--

You keep after them-- how ridiculous! We are all behind you-- wish there was something we could do!

Hi Monica,

Good luck . RCI should be ashamed of themselves for trying to say its nothing to do with them. Surely they have some duty of care to their paying passengers and why have the CC board officials deleted everything without giving an explanation???????????????????????????????????????????????????

Monica,

I know here in NY the news stations have consumer advocate reporters. Here it is "7 on your side". I assume in the florida area where you are that they have similiar. I would contact them ASAP, you gave RCCL a chance and they blew it. I would do it sooner rather than later, because then you will get "why did you wait so long" Good Luck!!!!

Forget the mail, call them! Read them the email RCCL sent to you. Tell them you will email photos to them also, doctor's reports, etc. They have to know about this & RCCL will cover it up.

Then there is Geraldo, Greta, MSNBC's bunch of prime time news junkies. They all love this stuff!

ALSO Did you get Aveeno to feel better with, the soak as well as lubing up with it.

That thread and all others pertaining to this topic have been deleted. Your guess is as good as mine as to why that is.

I wish this board would not simply delete an entire thread. One has no idea why this happens and its quite annoying. If a thread, in its entirety, violates the posting guidelines the thread could be locked and the posts could be replaced with a brief explanation. I would find this helpful, as I suspect would many others. As it stands now one might reasonably conclude that this board arbitrarily censors material.

I wish this board would not simply delete an entire thread. One has no idea why this happens and its quite annoying. If a thread, in its entirety, violates the posting guidelines the thread could be locked and the posts could be replaced with a brief explanation. I would find this helpful, as I suspect would many others. As it stands now one might reasonably conclude that this board arbitrarily censors material.

In this day and day it is highly likely that they are being threatened with a lawsuit. (Publishing unsubstantiated & potentially harmful material) That being said, I'm glad I got to read the review before it went away as it was an excellent review and generally upbeat. More upbeat than I would have been considering the circumstances!:rolleyes:

Just a quick update here... after sending a response back by email that their response is totally unacceptable I informed RCCL that I did indeed release the photos to the media, I recieved a phone call this AM and was actually very delighted to actually be speaking to a live person after all the run around. I was asked to fax supporting documents (again) which I have done.. so I am no further than before but finally someone was kind enough to listen to me in regards to the serious neglect on behalf of the ships handling of this incident. I hope they will make this right, as I have been very nice and very patient through all this.

Monica, please keep us updated on this. RCCL is my favorite line and I want to know that they are going to make this right, both for you and the rest of us that are cruising their line in the future. You definitely deserve to be listen to and heard.

To the OP for catching the deletion----a huge thank you. Another "sweep it under the rug move!" Wonderful.

BearySweet has/had a creepy cruise and a bunch of bites to prove it.

What creeps me out is that RCI staff on board treated this as if it were a few house flies or mosquitos in the room......little to nothing was done to protect the next folks on board in that room.

It could have been any of us following Beary Sweet on that ship. Ultra-Yikes for all of us passengers, and a huge shame on RCI staff on this ship.

Leslie

Yes- I just can't believe my first post was deleted-- it had Beary Sweet and the bug word in the title! I tried posting it twice-- nothing. Then I changed the title to "just checking"-- that got through.

Anyway... Monica keep us posted-- and DON'T GIVE UP! It is a shame after you reacted to it all in such a polite and more than reasonable way. Someone at RCCL has got to see that-- and do you right!

Yes- I just can't believe my first post was deleted-- it had Beary Sweet and the bug word in the title! I tried posting it twice-- nothing. Then I changed the title to "just checking"-- that got through.

Anyway... Monica keep us posted-- and DON'T GIVE UP! It is a shame after you reacted to it all in such a polite and more than reasonable way. Someone at RCCL has got to see that-- and do you right!

I have a long post on the thread bed bug spray citing the letter email I recieved and my response back.. go check it out before it disappears.

Thanks to all for your support in this matter. I appreciate you all very much

Love to all,

Monica

Archived