Ladies, this one is for you!

ckrobyn

I'm supposed to remember a thread from February????

I can't remember what I ate for breakfast :rolleyes:

Thanks Carol!

Aw, c'mon, Robyn. You are WAAAAAAAAAY younger than I am! I merely remembered its EXISTENCE..............I still had to go looking for it.

I know what I ate for breakfast: Nothing. I don't eat breakfast. :D

Aw, c'mon, Robyn. You are WAAAAAAAAAY younger than I am! I merely remembered its EXISTENCE..............I still had to go looking for it.

OK, I know this is a leg-shaving thread, but Carol, how do you survive as a teacher without breakfast?

Do you realize that I am not THAT young? :rolleyes:

I am turning the big 4-0 in December - celebrating on the Radiance a few weeks before with 9 of my closest friends!

Perhaps with hairy legs.

OK, I know this is a leg-shaving thread, but Carol, how do you survive as a teacher without breakfast?

Excellent question.

I will forgo the leg shaving answers while we await Carol's response :rolleyes:

I put together a huge list of tips and tricks from posts made here over the last year ... and this was one of them:

Shaving your legs in the tiny showers is next to impossible. Head up to the spa area - enjoy a steam or sauna and use the much bigger showers up there. :D

HUGz! Jules

Robyn, I use Intuition, you only need water, the shaver (which works excellent) includes the cream. If needed, all you have to do is turn on the shower and put one leg in at a time. You purchase the "holder" once and buy the replacement razors when needed. They also offer sensitive skin razors. It's a great product :D

Good luck!

PS. We are in an E2 in October since our parents are taking my three sisters and our husbands on a cruise to celebrate their anniversary. We usually book JS's so I feel your pain ;)

###

Robyn, I use Intuition, you only need water, the shaver (which works excellent) includes the cream. If needed, all you have to do is turn on the shower and put one leg in at a time. You purchase the "holder" once and buy the replacement razors when needed. They also offer sensitive skin razors. It's a great product :D

I agree about the Intuition razors. I love mine. Since I've started using them, I haven't gotten a shaving cut - even on a cruise.

Oh, and Robyn, I always resort to the stick leg out of shower on top of the toilet method for shaving on a cruise - they are literally right next to each other.

Lifetime habit, I guess, Dan. I haven't eaten breakfast since my mother last forced it on me, in 6th grade. Once I hit junior high, that was it. I was my own woman. No breakfast for me. I don't drink coffee, either. Just an odd duck, I guess. :D
Do you realize that I am not THAT young?

I am turning the big 4-0 in December - celebrating on the Radiance a few weeks before with 9 of my closest friends!

Perhaps with hairy legs.

Well, if you think that THAT'S going to goad me into revealing MY age, you better think again!!!

I'm not nearly old enough to fall for THAT old trick! ;)

But I will say, eventually your leg hair growth slows wwwwaaaaaaaay down, and you don't even need to shave it on a week-long cruise. :D

Lifetime habit, I guess, Dan. I haven't eaten breakfast since my mother last forced it on me, in 6th grade. Once I hit junior high, that was it. I was my own woman. No breakfast for me. I don't drink coffee, either. Just an odd duck, I guess. :D

Wow. I'm impressed. I'm kind of a big breakfast fan myself. :D

Do you force your kids to eat breakfast? (Not that I really care, but just wondering)

Btw, what grade do you teach? (Just another random question :D)

Well, if you think that THAT'S going to goad me into revealing MY age, you better think again!!!

I'm not nearly old enough to fall for THAT old trick! ;)

But I will say, eventually your leg hair growth slows wwwwaaaaaaaay down, and you don't even need to shave it on a week-long cruise. :D

I would never ask you to reveal your age! ;)

The only reason I revealed mine was to get some reassurances from those over 40 that it isn't so bad! For some reason this number is a biggie for me.....

As for eating breakfast - I don't typically eat in the morning either, just a coffee. Unless of course if I am on a cruise and someone else is frying the bacon - I have been known to indulge on occasion :rolleyes:

I agree about the Intuition razors. I love mine. Since I've started using them, I haven't gotten a shaving cut - even on a cruise.

Oh, and Robyn, I always resort to the stick leg out of shower on top of the toilet method for shaving on a cruise - they are literally right next to each other.

WRP - I'm loving this Intuition idea.

I'm heading to the drug store today to see if I can find it......is it made by Shick?

Good luck!

PS. We are in an E2 in October since our parents are taking my three sisters and our husbands on a cruise to celebrate their anniversary. We usually book JS's so I feel your pain ;)

###

I'm relieved that you know exactly how I feel!

I couldn't justify booking a JS for me and my best friend - we are on a girls cruise with no DH's or kids so we don't plan to spend all that much time in the cabin :D

About the razor - I'm going to give it a shot here at home first to see if I like it - if I do, it will fast become my new favorite product. Thanks for the recommendation!

....and if your colouring is like mine, even leg hair doesn't show. I remember when all of us thought shaving our legs was so desirable....til I discovered that the more I shaved, the darker and more obvious the hairs got:eek:. Stopped shaving years ago....and what leg hair is there is barely visible.:D:D

Fran in Toronto

I would never ask you to reveal your age! ;)

The only reason I revealed mine was to get some reassurances from those over 40 that it isn't so bad! For some reason this number is a biggie for me.....

ckrobyn, don't sweat the big 4-0! My next birthday is the big 5-0! 4-0 is a piece of cake! Actually, I have LOVED my 40's! The whole decade has been pretty good! You sort of reach a "rite of passage" at 40 that allows you to view life from a different perspective. I was in my 40's when I stopped caring so much about what others thought about me and spent more time focusing on what I thought about me! I do things to please myself more now than I did when I was younger and without any guilt. I have a better relationship with my husband and a better relationship with my children. I also have more time for things like cruising! :D So ckrobyn, as I said, don't dread the big 4-0....embrace it! You are entering a great decade! Now, will someone who is 50-something please give me a pep talk too? :eek: So far, in the last 6 months I have embraced; hot flashes, heart palpitations, dry skin, aches, pains, etc... Ahhhhh, yes! The 50's! That would be the "menopausal" decade! :p It's a good thing I learned to feel good about myself while I was in my 40's because I now have the self confidence to alienate everyone around me for getting on my last nerve! ;)

All this chatter about leg-shaving is WAY too much information! I don't think I'll ever cruise again without visions of hairy legs and showers and toilets swimming through my head LOL:D .

Anyway, Bonnie Voyager, - the 50's are great! It's all in your perspective. You finally have confidence, money and (almost) grown kids! So what if looks go down the tubes as gravity kicks in. Oh well. BTW, did you know that 8,000 members of the Baby-Boom Generation are turning 60 everyday? So it could be worse, but there's safety in numbers!

I noticed one product that noone said was Nair. You just slather it on, sit in the bathroom for about 5 minutes then shower it off. No razor cuts or anything. Although occasionally there is a missed hair or two. Unless someone is really checking out your legs it won't show depending on your coloring. If you're pale like me I have to shave at least twice a week. Light skin dark hair or it looks liike I've gotten a tan. Just remember to have fun.

Thats my method of choice :o

I waxed my lower legs for the first time and it is the best- get the kind with the numbing spray and the pre-waxed strips..can't remember the brand. They really do stay smooth for weeks! And there is almost no pain when you use the spray correctly. You just need at least 1/4" of hair growth to do it properly.

I have to shave my lower legs every day. Upper legs every 2 or 3 days. Knees - once a week - Sally Hansen makes a depilatory that is a spray on foam, then you sponge it off in the shower after about 10 minutes. Lasts for a week!

For the tiny shower shaving, I turn the water off and open the door, turn to face the wall with my rear facing the open shower door. When I bend over, my rear just goes out into the bathroom and doesn't hit a wall.

Reading what I just wrote and not sure it will make any sense. :o

for the Intuition. I love it, keep one at home and one in my travel bag.

As for turning the big 4-0 Robyn, what a way to celebrate! I found out I was pregnant with my miracle son 3 weeks before my 40th birthday, it was the absolute best gift I could have ever gotten! Whoever said life begins at 40 was right in my case!!

ckrobyn, don't sweat the big 4-0! My next birthday is the big 5-0! 4-0 is a piece of cake! Actually, I have LOVED my 40's! The whole decade has been pretty good! You sort of reach a "rite of passage" at 40 that allows you to view life from a different perspective. I was in my 40's when I stopped caring so much about what others thought about me and spent more time focusing on what I thought about me! I do things to please myself more now than I did when I was younger and without any guilt. I have a better relationship with my husband and a better relationship with my children. I also have more time for things like cruising! :D So ckrobyn, as I said, don't dread the big 4-0....embrace it! You are entering a great decade! Now, will someone who is 50-something please give me a pep talk too? :eek: So far, in the last 6 months I have embraced; hot flashes, heart palpitations, dry skin, aches, pains, etc... Ahhhhh, yes! The 50's! That would be the "menopausal" decade! :p It's a good thing I learned to feel good about myself while I was in my 40's because I now have the self confidence to alienate everyone around me for getting on my last nerve! ;)

Bonnie -

Thanks for your words of wisdom, I appreciate it.

I honestly have to say that when you mentioned your age and I looked up at your picture, my first thought was "No Way"! You look amazing! Not only that, you have a peaceful look on your face that says you're a confident lady - suddenly I am looking at 40 in a whole new light...

Some people freak out at 30 - but when that birthday came along, I had just given birth to my daughter exactly a week earlier so I was too busy with an infant to think about hitting 30. With 40 a few months away, I am at a different stage in my life with a little more time to dwell. I have a wonderful family and a challenging career - but sometimes I find myself wondering "is this all there is?" I know it sounds crazy because I am content with everything in my life....but I have these scary fleeting moments of panic. Does that make any sense?

If 50 looks and sounds like you do - Bring it on! ;)

for the Intuition. I love it, keep one at home and one in my travel bag.

As for turning the big 4-0 Robyn, what a way to celebrate! I found out I was pregnant with my miracle son 3 weeks before my 40th birthday, it was the absolute best gift I could have ever gotten! Whoever said life begins at 40 was right in my case!!

mbtaz -

What a wonderful story! I love hearing of miracle babies!

I was anxious for mine and it took a while - my beautiful daughter will turn 10 exactly a week before I turn 40 :)

I have to shave my lower legs every day. Upper legs every 2 or 3 days. Knees - once a week - Sally Hansen makes a depilatory that is a spray on foam, then you sponge it off in the shower after about 10 minutes. Lasts for a week!

For the tiny shower shaving, I turn the water off and open the door, turn to face the wall with my rear facing the open shower door. When I bend over, my rear just goes out into the bathroom and doesn't hit a wall.

Reading what I just wrote and not sure it will make any sense. :o

Sounds like a good plan - the only fear is that MY rear WILL hit the wall! LOL! :eek:

Archived