Ladies, this one is for you!

ckrobyn

I noticed one product that noone said was Nair. You just slather it on, sit in the bathroom for about 5 minutes then shower it off. No razor cuts or anything. Although occasionally there is a missed hair or two. Unless someone is really checking out your legs it won't show depending on your coloring. If you're pale like me I have to shave at least twice a week. Light skin dark hair or it looks liike I've gotten a tan. Just remember to have fun.

I tried Nair right before a cruise this past December and broke out in a BAADD rash as a result - all over my legs. So I don't recommend it, especially if you have sensitive skin. At the very least try it out first before assuming it will work for you.

I tried Nair right before a cruise this past December and broke out in a BAADD rash as a result - all over my legs. So I don't recommend it, especially if you have sensitive skin. At the very least try it out first before assuming it will work for you.

Same here, wasn't very pretty :eek: I don't even have a problem when I use the Intuition that isn't for sensitive skin. I'm repeating myself, however it is a GREAT product!

###

Same here, wasn't very pretty :eek: I don't even have a problem when I use the Intuition that isn't for sensitive skin. I'm repeating myself, however it is a GREAT product!

###

Yeah, the worst part about it was - the hair was still there.:rolleyes:

I can only use the Sally Hanson stuff on my knees, I guess they are less sensitive than the rest of my legs. It was a little pink afterwards but no full-blown rash. I cannot shave my knees without cutting myself, they're so bony. :o

Who wants to hear The World's Best *Nair* Story?

It was the summer between either 10th and 11th grade OR 11th and 12th grade.

My best friend got a job working in a research lab at a nearby Ivy league University.

I have no idea what the lab did, or what she was supposed to do in her job.

The lab was doing SOME sort of experimentation on the skin of rabbits.

The supervising doctor told my friend to shave a rabbit. He then left the room.

My friend, who is intellectually gifted but has virtually no common sense, began to shave the rabbit. Progress was tedious and slow.

Suddenly, she had an inspiration.

She reached into her purse and pulled out a bottle of Nair.

She covered the rabbit with Nair.

Do you know what happened? The Nair did NOT depilate the rabbit.

The rabbit died.

Think about THAT the next time you want to use Nair!

for the Intuition. I love it, keep one at home and one in my travel bag.

As for turning the big 4-0 Robyn, what a way to celebrate! I found out I was pregnant with my miracle son 3 weeks before my 40th birthday, it was the absolute best gift I could have ever gotten! Whoever said life begins at 40 was right in my case!!

After 12 years of unsuccessful fertility procedures, I also got pregnant with my son when I was nearly 40! Our daughter (who took us 6 years to conceive) was 12 years old at the time! So now I have an 11 year old son and a 23 year old daughter! Both kids were born against great odds! I am blessed to have them both! I've been both a young mom and an "old" mom! I wouldn't trade either situation!

After 12 years of unsuccessful fertility procedures, I also got pregnant with my son when I was nearly 40! Our daughter (who took us 6 years to conceive) was 12 years old at the time! So now I have an 11 year old son and a 23 year old daughter! Both kids were born against great odds! I am blessed to have them both! I've been both a young mom and an "old" mom! I wouldn't trade either situation!

I always marvel at the fact that we spend the bulk of our prime reproductive years trying NOT to get pregnant - and then we finally decide to start a family and nothing happens.....:(

It is so good to read about miracle babies - I know all about the longing for motherhood and it's so beautiful when it all works out in the end.

This thread is so inspiring :) Who would have thought that a simple question about leg shaving would lead to discussions on the beauty of womanhood and motherhood?

Oh well. BTW, did you know that 8,000 members of the Baby-Boom Generation are turning 60 everyday? So it could be worse, but there's safety in numbers!

I resemble that remark!!!! Having just turned 60:eek:. Of course, no one believes that DH and I are 60 and 61 - but it's true. Three grandchildren already - 8,4 and 2.

My MIL once told me that when you hit 50 you realise your body tires a bit faster than it used to; when you hit 60 it starts to fall apart. For all you mothers having babies - wonderful experience every time, wouldn't have missed any of them - at 60 we begin to reap the other kind of rewards for what's been done to our bodies....having just had surgery for some repair.

More than you needed to know, I know - and nothing to do with shaving legs.:D:D:D

Here's my story: Its so true Robyn, that although we would all like to admit that we were angels when we were teens, some of us didn't have great luck trying not to get pregnant in our prime reproductive years, and I did. Needless to say, having just turned 18 merely a month before finding out I was carrying a child, my (very Catholic) mom insisted that I not keep the baby. Although I tried every conceivable way to bring up a child on my own, in the end, I knew what the right decision had to be. The decision was what I felt was best for my baby, not that others out there need to judge, its not the decision that everyone reaches, but knowing that I had no support from my family and was young and without a job, it was mine. I later went on to marry and have 3 more wonderful children. About 6 years ago, my son who was about 15 at the time, was at the computer and received an instant message online. Guess who???? :eek:

Here's my story: Its so true Robyn, that although we would all like to admit that we were angels when we were teens, some of us didn't have great luck trying not to get pregnant in our prime reproductive years, and I did. Needless to say, having just turned 18 merely a month before finding out I was carrying a child, my (very Catholic) mom insisted that I not keep the baby. Although I tried every conceivable way to bring up a child on my own, in the end, I knew what the right decision had to be. The decision was what I felt was best for my baby, not that others out there need to judge, its not the decision that everyone reaches, but knowing that I had no support from my family and was young and without a job, it was mine. I later went on to marry and have 3 more wonderful children. About 6 years ago, my son who was about 15 at the time, was at the computer and received an instant message online. Guess who???? :eek:

My sister too gave up a child when she was 17. I have nothing but respect for those of you who make that very hard decision.

Okay, since waxing and nair products have already come up, I'd like to throw in another alternative to shaving. I am the proud owner of an epilator. For those who don't know, it's an electric device that looks like a shaver, but instead of a shaving head, has a bunch of small, rotating tweezers. I think you gals can figure the rest out! The benefit is that you can use it on hair that is fairly short (much shorter than is required for waxing) and it lasts a good week or so. The drawback is that it hurts like...well, I can't say here, it wouldn't be polite ;) I use it and don't mind the pain, but it takes a lot of will power to start out.

Oh, and as an aside, I love reading these boards-seeing the post from you guys makes me a lot less afraid of 'growing up' (I'm a little afraid of the big 3-0, I admit it). As long as I keep my sense of humour and adventure like you gals, I really have no fear! And besides, I don't really plan on ever growing up...what fun would that be?

Yes, you will have room to shave. I guess I don't think its that small. I am used to showering in my travel trailer. I even find room for my hubby in the showers onboard.;) You have to be in good enough shape to bend over and shave your legs. Practice at home before you leave, you will be fine.:)

Carrie

lol, as for "room for hubby", I found that my husband's (fuzzy) chest makes a great shower scrubbie in the tiny shower stalls. Just lather him up, and he's a great big rotating brush like in a car wash.:D

Just shave your legs with the shower door open, half the time water is leaking out the bottom edge anyway. That's why there is a tiny drain hole near the toilet, with rough seas water gets out of the shower anyway.

Heidi

Archived