Ladies, this one is for you!

ckrobyn

Okay, here goes.....

So far I have sailed in suites on both of my cruises, and the bathrooms all have tubs. I am booked in a D1 cabin for my upcoming Radiance cruise and I know there is no tub.............question: Is there space in these tiny showers to shave your legs?

I hope this isn't a silly question :rolleyes: I really need an answer.......logistics would help too! Foot on the wall? LOL

I know exactly what you mean! I lived in residence in university, so I became very familiar with shaving in shower stalls :D The best way I found to do so in the tiny onboard showers was to prop my foot onto the toilet seat and shave half in/half out of the shower. Not exactly ideal but it worked fine! I'm sure you will get other advice as well. And hey, I'm always looking for new ideas!

Well, I think we ladies need to think outside of the box on this one.

When I sail in a shower-only stateroom, I don't need to stay inside the shower the whole time: with the door or the shower curtain open, I lather or foam up a leg and step part-way out of the shower, put my foot up on the closed toilet lid, shave that leg, step back into the shower and rinse that leg, then repeat on the other leg. I am very neat about it, and it all goes well for me. No big deal.

Bon Voyage~~

Leslie

Simply, NO. Its pretty tight like the other posters have said. Of course you can always make do for a week, I guess. :rolleyes: I think maybe you should go all out and get an Owners Suite. Doesn't that have a whirlpool tub? Now thats shaving in comfort! :p

Simply, NO. Its pretty tight like the other posters have said. Of course you can always make do for a week, I guess. :rolleyes: I think maybe you should go all out and get an Owners Suite. Doesn't that have a whirlpool tub? Now thats shaving in comfort! :p

Over the Edge - are you footing the bill for the OS? :p

Thanks for the words of wisdom ladies - I appreciate it!

I had thought about the foot on the toilet seat too - except I had no idea of the proximity between the shower and the toilet - now I do :)

Waxing? My eyebrows are enough thank you - I have a little trepidation about having hot wax on my legs being ripped off in one fell swoop!

More suggestions are welcome!:rolleyes:

Yes, you will have room to shave. I guess I don't think its that small. I am used to showering in my travel trailer. I even find room for my hubby in the showers onboard.;) You have to be in good enough shape to bend over and shave your legs. Practice at home before you leave, you will be fine.:)

Carrie

Aside from the size of the room, having a tub is one of the main reasons I won't sail in anything smaller than a JS! Ever! Tried it once, on my 1st cruise, in a Superior OV--NEVER, EVER again!!!!!!! When I'm on vacation, I don't want to feel like I'm living in a tent--and that's what that room felt like! Hubby and I couldn't walk around at the same time. When one of us was dressing, the other had to sit on the bed. I was miserable! I like the larger bathroom in the JS and the space in the room, while not like a suite in Vegas, is more than ample! Spend a bit extra and book the suite!

Yes, you will have room to shave. I guess I don't think its that small. I am used to showering in my travel trailer. I even find room for my hubby in the showers onboard.;) You have to be in good enough shape to bend over and shave your legs. Practice at home before you leave, you will be fine.:)

Carrie

Carrie -

That could work out fine, but if all the blood rushes to my head and I pass out, my legs will be hairy for the remainder of the cruise! :eek:

Thanks for the words of wisdom ladies - I appreciate it!

I had thought about the foot on the toilet seat too - except I had no idea of the proximity between the shower and the toilet - now I do :)

Waxing? My eyebrows are enough thank you - I have a little trepidation about having hot wax on my legs being ripped off in one fell swoop!

More suggestions are welcome!:rolleyes:

it does not hurt, i do it all the time. bikini, underarms and eyebrows feel awful but i have no complaints about leg waxing at all.

good luck to you!

Aside from the size of the room, having a tub is one of the main reasons I won't sail in anything smaller than a JS! Ever! Tried it once, on my 1st cruise, in a Superior OV--NEVER, EVER again!!!!!!! When I'm on vacation, I don't want to feel like I'm living in a tent--and that's what that room felt like! Hubby and I couldn't walk around at the same time. When one of us was dressing, the other had to sit on the bed. I was miserable! I like the larger bathroom in the JS and the space in the room, while not like a suite in Vegas, is more than ample! Spend a bit extra and book the suite!

CB - you are freaking me out!

I'm stressing about the D1 in comparison to the JS :rolleyes: There are only two of us in the cabin so I'm hoping we will have enough space. I read about families of 4 in a D1 - how small can it be????????????

OK, I feel incredibly awkward posting in this thread since I'm a guy, but I remember that my mom got this thing for travel. I have no idea if this can help you as I don't shave my legs.

http://www.betterlifestyleproducts.com/foot-thing.html

Cheers,

PVD - you are a genius! You sure you aren't a woman??? LOL

Thanks for the link, that contraption is absolutely perfect! Wow!

I don't even know if I should post right after Dan the Man. ;)

Am I the only one who remembers that there was a HUGE thread on this very topic not that long ago?

I'm going to go look for it now.............

I could/should have done a search - can I be forgiven? ;) LOL

Carol you know me by now - when I get a paranoia I have to deal with it immediately :D

PVD - you are a genius! You sure you aren't a woman??? LOL

Thanks for the link, that contraption is absolutely perfect! Wow!

NO, I am very sure that I am not a woman or a man that shaves his legs. :D My mom asked for it as a Christmas gift, that's how I know.

I'm glad I could help you!

Carol - Thanks for the new nickname! :p

Ok, here's one, but it wasn't the one I was looking for.............wish me luck, I'm goin' back in................<dive><dive><dive>

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=292123

I'm supposed to remember a thread from February????

I can't remember what I ate for breakfast :rolleyes:

Thanks Carol!

Archived