HAL bus from Boston to Montreal

jubilate

Hi all, we are sailing on the Maasdam from Montreal to Boston, leaving this Saturday. We will take the bus provided by HAL from Boston to Montreal Saturday morning. Has anyone out there done this bus ride? Is there food conveniently available? How comfortable is the bus? I will be traveling with my 90-year-old mom and 21-year-old daughter! Can't wait! :D

I am signed up for the motorcoach from Montreal back to Boston on Oct. 7th. I found out about HAL providing this service by reading some posts from at least several months back. My TA checked for me and found that it takes about 6 hrs. and we will return to Boston sometime after 5pm. I guess it arrives in Montreal around noon so it must leave Boston early in the day. The $99 fare has already been included on my bill.

Hope this helps. I too would like to hear any other info anyone has to share.

I didn't take the Boston Montreal Motorcoach, but I have a suggestion for anyone who wants to save a few dollars. We did a one-way car Rental from Boston (well Cambridge since we live in Cambridge), to Montreal. The cost was about 160.00 for the day, and you can then follow your own schedule.

The only downside is you have to drive. An added plus, is you can drive around Montreal and see the sights.

We didn't know about the bus either - our TA never told us. I did inquire since they have buses to NYC but they said nothing was available.

We booked our flight on Air Canada out of Logan. It's a direct flight for $115 (after taxes & fees). The flight is only 1 hour and 20 minutes.

We will be flying in on Friday morning so we can enjoy the day in Montreal and will set sail the next day.

There were also connecting flights out of Logan & TF Green for the same price and some higher. But you would spend 4 hours versus 1 hour and 20 minutes.

• 7 years later...

We took this bus several years ago with two other couples and were the only ones to sign up for it. It was a free ride to meet the ship in Canada. Since we were the only ones they used a 15 passenger van and had a wonderful trip to the ship. we were able to see all the fall colors on the way and stopped at Duncan donuts on the way. If we do this cruise again I would do it again as you can fly in and out of Boston. WE came in 4 days early so we could see the Boston area.

Oops. I had a feeling this was an old thread when I saw the $115 pp air fare from Boston to Montreal, one way. We paid much more than that a couple of years ago.

On our first Maasdam cruise out of Montreal, we took HAL's bus from Boston. It left at around 6:00 am on day of sailing and arrived in Montreal around noon with a stop for food around 10:00. The bus boarded near the entrance to the large parking lot across the street from the Boston Design Center.

During our most recent trip (the one for which we flew and stayed in Montreal a couple of nights prior), we saw a bus taking on passengers and their luggage when we arrived at the cruise terminal in Montreal. So, I don't know if it's something HAL still offers, but it may be worth it to ask.

So, does anyone know if there still is such a bus?

I believe there is no such transfer now. Last year I sailed the Maasdam from Montreal to Boston, and could not find easy arrangements to get to Montreal from home.

If the HAL transfer had still been possible, I'm sure I would have stumbled over it in my research.