Does anyone ever just stay in an inside room?

pickleo

Our first cruise was in June. It was a gift to our family from my dad, and he booked a balcony stateroom for my husband and I, plus our 2 girls. We loved the balcony, but next time are going with 2 connecting interiors. It turns out to be cheaper than the 1 balcony room, plus we gain an extra bathroom and a little more privacy for everyone, which will be nice with 2 teenage daughters.

[quote name='Jim Munkittrick']Those that come on the boards and say:

"I am staying in the grand Puba Suite, will I like it?????""

Are BRAGGING!!!

If I am staying in the lowest catagory cabin and run into one of those, always tell them we are in a suite and paid about $300 less than he claims to have paid. Makes them nuts.[/quote]

So Braggards are worse than liars? Seems more like self justification for your choices than anything else.

I heard having an inside cabin makes for very dark cabins when trying to sleep, which for me is a good thing. Our first cruise, we wanted the balcony experience and loved it. We booked the same for our next cruise. In the future we may try to book a cheaper cruise to cruise more often, or keep it special and go every 2-3 years.

But it was nice to see people's logic as the OP was trying to do, not expecting the self rightousness of this post.

I have always had inside cabins until my last cruise, there were 3 gals so we went with a Jr Suite. Everyone kept telling me I would never be able to go back, well in all honesty, no more time than I spent in my cabin, I would go back in a heartbeat to an inside cabin. It was nice but not that much nicer to be worth the extra expense. I usually have a cabin alone so my third was about the same amount so really not a big deal this time. I just dont think it is worth it but I know some spend a lot more time in their cabins than I do, I like to be out and about, sitting at the pool bar, dancing, walking around, I dont cruise to sit in my cabin but that is me.

We booked our first inside for our Alaska cruise 5/07. We have had balcony cabins and oceanviews. The price was great for a 10 day Alaska so why not try an inside. Our friends always book an inside they wouldn't book any other cabin. Hey if this means more cruises I'm game:)

My wife and I have been on 3 cruises with RCCL all in oceanview cabins. This time we decided to get an inside cabin because of the great price. So we will be on Deck 10, about midship on the Explorer of the Seas departing Oct 20. We don,t spend much time in our cabin anyway except to sleep. That is also why we don,t purchase a balcony cabin. Woulnt be spending that much time out there. I am an early riser (at least by 5 AM in the morning) so I go up by the pool for an early coffee and may do a little walking around the ship.

[quote name='Voyager']Trust me you would spend more time in your room if you had a balcony. Morning coffee, even breakfast out there is to die for. Evening cocktails, sail away from the different ports.[/QUOTE]

not true for us, we've had a balcony cabin on 5 cruises and inside on 4 and promenade on 1 and we never spent more time in our cabin bec/of balcony. It just gave us something to look at when we were getting ready and such...but never kept us more in cabin. We prefer to be out then inside cabins. Just us!

[quote name='Nitra']I have always had inside cabins until my last cruise, there were 3 gals so we went with a Jr Suite. Everyone kept telling me I would never be able to go back, well in all honesty, no more time than I spent in my cabin, I would go back in a heartbeat to an inside cabin. It was nice but not that much nicer to be worth the extra expense. I usually have a cabin alone so my third was about the same amount so really not a big deal this time. I just dont think it is worth it but I know some spend a lot more time in their cabins than I do, I like to be out and about, sitting at the pool bar, dancing, walking around, I dont cruise to sit in my cabin but that is me.[/QUOTE]

DITTO

Our very first Disney Wonder cruise was in an inside stateroom. It was all we could afford for a family of four. It was completely fine. The next cruise we were upgraded to an oceanview for free! Otherwise I would have probably done the inside again. The ocean view was great, but not worth a lot more money really. Same room with a port hole! It was nice at night to see the moon and the water, but not a must by any means. Never had the luxury of having a suite or even a balcony, but hey WE ARE ON A CRUISE! That should be enough all in itself! Enjoy!

[quote name='Andipanda1']Hear, hear. We stay in insides and OVs--did an OV for our Alaska cruise and it suited us just fine.[/quote]

Andi, just wondering, I/m sure an oceanview would be fine. I was wondering about the scenery, I don;t want to spend alot of time outside the ship jockeying for a position at the rail. Since I have never cruised Alaska I do not know if that is an issue. Enlighten me, perhaps I can save some money.

We love inside rooms. We have had 2 inside rooms.
We'd rather spend less and get to do other activities and spend more on other things.
Though I think we would enjoy and outside cabin, the perks dont justfy the costs.
To each his own and rationalize thier own spending.

2 weeks till we go on Rhapsody on 8/27

[quote name='Jim Munkittrick']Those that come on the boards and say:

"I am staying in the grand Puba Suite, will I like it?????""

Are BRAGGING!!!

Most of us are good ol folks that just enjoy a cruise vacation.

Ignore the braggards!

Same with the guys who spend their cruise trying to see if they got a good deal or not.

If I am staying in the lowest catagory cabin and run into one of those, always tell them we are in a suite and paid about $300 less than he claims to have paid. Makes them nuts.[/quote]

Wanna really get their goat, get on an elevator with them, when they press their floor follow them and walk to the Royal family Suite and fumble with card til they walk inside their cabin :D

Wife and I usually get inside cabins,(hardly in room anyways) this cruise coming got a JS because bringing daughter along for grad. present.

Nothing wrong with any room as long as it is on a cruiseship.

[quote name='Voyager']Trust me you would spend more time in your room if you had a balconey. Morning coffee, even breakfast out there is to die for. Evening cocktails, sail away from the different ports.[/quote]

I absolutly agree with you.

After we booked balcony for the first time we DID spend more time in our room. The sailaway, the breakfast, the fresh air....

Definitely was worth for us a little more money. (It was a great deal too).

[quote name='jakedoc']Again the question of the original poster. Why does it seem that eveyone posting seems to be suites, Royal Suites, Owner suites, CC suites, etc, etc,etc, and have nothing to do with insides? We go to the same ports, eat the same food, drink the same drinks, see the same shows, have the same good times?[/quote]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua]I think the point is that everybody has a different cruising style. It's been amply demonstrated on this thread -- some people say they need a balcony, others say they wouldn't use it if they had it. Personally, I don't believe that any of them are necessarily bragging or lying or trying to convert anybody to their way of cruising.

I know that lots of cruisers really only use their rooms to sleep and shower -- in that case, I think it makes perfect sense to save the money. Others say they enjoy the darkness for sleeping -- again, makes perfect sense to me. But DH and I have a different approach to cruising. We do it because we [B][I]love[/I][/B] being on the ocean, but we really just want to enjoy each other's company and don't necessarily want to spend a lot of time in public areas. We're the 'our cabin is our castle' types, so the suites make sense for us. And yes, we did sail in an inside cabin once. It was DH's company cruise, so we didn't book our own cabins. We tried it, it didn't work for us, and now we know. :)

It's just different strokes for different folks -- and it's a good thing, too, because just imagine what would happen if we were all fighting for the same category of cabin![/FONT][/SIZE]

My Mom has been on 9 cruises with RCI and has always had an inside, bargain cabin ... so she could spend her monies elsewhere.

Being that this is my first cruise ... and my first (and probably the last) Mother/Daughter cruise ... I insisted on a balcony! :D

Heck though ... with her being a senior, etc., we probably paid less for this balcony room ... and I'm glad!

I like my room to be a place I enjoy hanging out ... even if it's just for a few minutes! ;)

I know she is thrilled ... and very excited about the balcony room after all her years of cruising!

She and my Aunt will be cruising on for another week after I disembark ... and she insisted that they get another balcony room. She told my Aunt that there was no way she was having a blacony room with me for a week and then going back to an inside room for a week ... and my Aunt agreed! I say good for them! Heck ... they can't take it $$ with them! Enjoy it now! :p

HUGz! Jules

Once I got a balcony I knew I couldnt go back to an inside, but here is one thing I havent seen mentioned at all. I just became a diamond member, and with the $200 balcony discount you get the price is usually the same as an inside so why book an inside cabin when you get get a balcony for the same price?

Even when I was platinium I got the $100 off plus usually a coupon for the sailing which still equaled the same. I personally love the light in the room, love waking up to the sunlight splling in, and I am the same way at home so the dark inside cabins really bother me. But even with all that the discounts they give me really make it worth while. I only paid $850 pp for the balcony on my freedom cruise in november, which is LESS than the price of the outside cabins.

We have gone from and inside on our first cruise to oceanview on the second and third and to balcony JS for our fourth. For our 5th we are back to an inside. It will be tight with 4 people but we only have 2 days at sea and 4 port days. We really wont be using the cabin much. It was also a way for us to off set the price of airfare since we need to fly to Miami to cruise on Freedom. All but one of our past cruises left from the northeast.
On our last cruise I really thought we would use the balcony more than we did but there was always so much to do on Voyager, we were out and about on the ship from morning till night.
I am going to stick with oceanview or inside depending on itinerary unless a deal came up that was to hard to pass up for a balcony. I am just happy being able to cruise.

[quote name='Aldeya']I absolutly agree with you.

After we booked balcony for the first time we DID spend more time in our room. The sailaway, the breakfast, the fresh air....

Definitely was worth for us a little more money. (It was a great deal too).[/quote]

Absolutely agree! First thing I do when I wake up is have a cup of coffee in my night shirt on my balcony and the last thing I do before I go to sleep is hang out on my balcony in the moonlight...priceless! (just my 2cents)

[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]We had a inside cabin for our honeymoon in 1990 now last year we started to cruise again and took a D1 balcony and now we are hooked :p This year we have another D1 booked with a aft balcony, I can't wait to get out on that large balcony and enjoy the fresh air. I don't think I will ever be able to go back to a inside cabin again "Call me spoiled" :D [/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=purple]Voyager Western Caribbean 12/16/06 "Our First AFT "[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#800080]Voyager Eastern Caribbean 11/05[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#800080]S.S. Azure Seas Baja 11/90[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#800080][/COLOR][/FONT][/B]

Sarah's post is just about what I was going to say - love getting outside while still in my jammies, hair a wreck and no make-up. Also, I like knowing if it's hot or cool outside, raining or sunny, in order to dress for the day. I could never go back either.:)

I was a confirmation of going with the balcony, but decided to save the 600 difference and go with an inside. I figured that 600 will pay for most of my port excursions and some of my bar bill. Also, the way I justified not doing it was that I can sit by the side of the ship all night long for free, I dont need to do it from my door. it would be nice to have, but I can live without it for now.

Familycruzer - I see you also sailed on that nasty little ship The Crown Dynasty. We sailed her to the southern carribean before she started doing the Bermuda runs. Worst ship I was ever on, but the cruise itself was great, port intensive and the price was right. I thought I was the only poster on these boards who sailed that little "gem":rolleyes:

Archived