transfer booking to travel agent?

endi302

I booked on RCCL in Feb. to get the $100 credit for booking on the ship. I also got $100 for being platinum and booking a balcony. I went to a website that has the word compete in it and have been given an offer of $575 in onboard credit if I transfer the booking to them. I already have booked my room, a grand suite, and air through RCCL for Alaska next year. Can anyone tell me what the down side is to switching as long as I keep the same booking #. The agency shows to have been listed as top agency by MSNBC and seems to have good ratings. It just seems to good to be true.

Any input would be appreciated.

diane

I booked on RCCL in Feb. to get the $100 credit for booking on the ship. I also got $100 for being platinum and booking a balcony. I went to a website that has the word compete in it and have been given an offer of $575 in onboard credit if I transfer the booking to them. I already have booked my room, a grand suite, and air through RCCL for Alaska next year. Can anyone tell me what the down side is to switching as long as I keep the same booking #. The agency shows to have been listed as top agency by MSNBC and seems to have good ratings. It just seems to good to be true.

Any input would be appreciated.

diane

If the web site offers the opportunity to check the customer ratings, then check them thoroughly. Also try to find the TA homepage and find out where they are located. Then check the Better Business Bureau in their area. If they aren't members of the BBB, I would do everything I could to check them further. Just keep in mind, that once you transfer the listing to them, you will have to go through them to do anything with your reservation. You will not be able to call RCI to make changes. I am probably going to put my next reservation out for bid as soon as I get off the Freedom in Oct. I have fired my old TA.

I have done this before but I didnt get any credit. The 575.00 just for transfering sounds awfully high if you asked me.

I was just offered $600 OBC for a 12 day booking in JS that we are working on. As the TA said when I contacted him, the amount they offer depends the amount you are spending.

How much OBC you get depends on how much your cabin cost. Our was an E3 on a 12 night cruise and we are getting $250 for switching our booking from RCCL to a TA. Our TA give 10% of the base rate as OBC. Sounds like you could get a good deal all the way around, hope it all works out for you .

thanks for the responses, I never win when I gamble so I don't want to gamble on something as big as a once in a lifetime alaska cruise. I will do more checking on the TA before I jump in.

diane

to a TA for $500 obc. We are booked in a Grand Suite, on an 11 night sailing in Feb 2008. Btw, I did not use C compete with this reservation(probably shoud have in retrospect) BUT have used them two times and have had no problems. Very happy with the service. Btw, back to my $500 obc, it does show that on my confirmation/invoice from TA. We are not platinum yet, but will be after our Oct cruise, so she will adjust accordingly for that.

Marie

I have a question. I booked our 13 day Alaska Cruisetour (which is for June 1 thru 14) thur RCCL (Phone) then transfered it to our Travel Agent. Am I entiteld to some OBC that I'm not aware of? If so, how do I go about collecting it?

Thank you all for your help,

Happy crusing to all

Archived