Does a 1 day cruise count towards Elite status

septrack

Thinking of booking a 1 day Princess cruise SEA-Van. Will return the next day on HAL Van-Sea. (Could not stay on board thr Dawn Princess :cool: Van-Sfo due to Jones Act.) Just want to make sure the cruise counts towards Elite status.

Anyone know for sure?

Also does anyone know if the Princess Pier is close to the HAL Pier in Vancouver?

TIA

Mark

To actually answer your question, yes it does count toward your Elite status. We are also on both of these sailings that you mentioned. Don't need the credit as Elite status has been achieved, but looking forward to both of these cruises for a short get-a-way.

The HAL ship should be right there at the pier also at Canada Place. Nice that both the Princess and HAL ships also dock at the same place here in Seattle.

Since we have to fly so far to get to Florida for any Caribbean cruises, it is nice to finally get a fun cruise where all we have to do is drive.

Hulagirl

Thanks Hula Girl! We now have 11 Princess Cruises. We are scheduled for a B2B on the CB this Nov. This one day'er will get us to 14! Gettin closer every day now.

And Pam I don't feel guilty. Did many 10+ day trips in the eleven. Personally it doen't bother me if everyone gets the free dry cleaning, minibar et al as long as we get it too!

Mark,

We did the 1 - day last Sept. with Princess - paid for an inside and was upgraded to a Balcony about 3 days before we left. Once on the ship, we heard it was 1/2 full.

We're debating on doing this one this year as well. it's not worth the price diff. to pay for a balcony especially since we barely spent any time in the room.

We'll also keep our fingers crossed for another upgrade.

Good luck.

Josee

Pam,

With all due respect, "fairness" is in the eye of the beholder. If you don't think it's fair, and Captain's Circle status is important to you, you are just as free to take shorter cruises as is the OP. While I also do not live near a port, and would not conveniently be able to take a one-day cruise, I certainly don't begrudge those that do and can build up sailings toward Elite status.

Just my opinion, but I try to worry about myself, and if somebody else is able to get something better than I can get, then more power to them!

Septrack: We booked an inside also. Never do this on any other cruise, but for one night I see no reason to book anything higher. We have an ocean view on the HAL ship since it was the same price as the inside. We did the one day from Vancouver to Seattle in May for fun. Just wanted to see what it was like. Had a good time so that is what prompted us to do this September one. Will be nice to go over to the HAL ship for the ride back to Seattle so we don't have to deal with a transfer.

They seem to be doing less and less of these cruises now. I have no guilt feelings about being able to grab one of these at all. We have done many longer cruises also that only counted as one point towards Elite. Also, we book suites and on another line that counts as 2 points to their status.

Also, 20 minutes spent at a muster drill is nothing. Not even much of a blip in time during the day. At least we will be on a ship having a good time. :)

Hulagirl

Archived