Wahoo!!! Booked my first cruise!!

Jen515

Feb. 8th on the Dawn!! I'm so excited...169 days and counting!

This board has been so helpful, there is so much great info here. I haven't really had to post much because I've found answers to all my questions. (And some answers to questions I didn't even think of!) :)

This board has been so helpful, there is so much great info here. I haven't really had to post much because I've found answers to all my questions. (And some answers to questions I didn't even think of!) :)

:D Congratulations. Your going to love the DAWN. We will be cruising on the DAWN again on 2/18 so leave the ship in one piece when your done.

Since your from Boston, will you be driving or taking the bus from South Station?

Congrats!! You'll be hooked & be constantly wanting more. Have you all gotten your passports yet? I wouldn't wait if you haven't; I'm sure they'll be really swamped as the end of the year draws closer.

:D Congratulations. Your going to love the DAWN. We will be cruising on the DAWN again on 2/18 so leave the ship in one piece when your done.

Since your from Boston, will you be driving or taking the bus from South Station?

Hi Margaret...

I'm actually on the South Shore. I think we're going to drive, we haven't decided if we'll head out that morning or the day before. I'm thinking of maybe staying in CT the night before (Foxwoods...?:) )

I'll try to leave the ship in one pice, but I can't make any promises. ;)

Congrats!! You'll be hooked & be constantly wanting more. Have you all gotten your passports yet? I wouldn't wait if you haven't; I'm sure they'll be really swamped as the end of the year draws closer.

Thank you!

We already have passports, but I just realized mine is in my maiden name. I'll have to find out what I need to do to update it.

STOP! Stop right now! You are in danger of becoming hopelessly addicted.:)

Soon 160+ days is going to seem like too long a time - FIVE plus months. You'll be looking for a quickie before then. Then you'll start to wonder what you are going to do afterward. So you'll start looking for one to follow. Don't say you weren't warned.

Hi Margaret...

I'm actually on the South Shore. I think we're going to drive, we haven't decided if we'll head out that morning or the day before. I'm thinking of maybe staying in CT the night before (Foxwoods...?:) )

I'll try to leave the ship in one pice, but I can't make any promises. ;)

We did the drive from the Worcester area in about 3.5 hours last month, with minimal traffic delays. Who knows what the weather will bring for your 2/8 cruise..........last years 2/6 cruise occurred during one of the biggest blizzards in NY. There were snowmen on the balconys, and crew members who had never shoveled snow.

Thank you!

We already have passports, but I just realized mine is in my maiden name. I'll have to find out what I need to do to update it.

Then you might take your marriage license as well as your passport. I'm a single male so I've never had that issue to contend with.

Since you have a goodly amount of time, you'll be able to get a new one if you find that you do need a new one.

Yes, do take both unless you can get your passport name changed. You are going to have a wonderful cruise and you will be surprised how fast the time will go by between now and then, especailly with the holidays etc. We booked our HAL cruise in June for November; it seemed like it would be forever and now we are barely 3 months away, not quite. NMnita

Thank you!

You will have to get the passport amended however when you do this the cruise line will swipe your passport and your maiden name will still appear. I had quite a bit of trouble because the room charge name will be different than what is recorded when they swipe it upon check-in, so, make sure you tell them when you check in that you have an amended passport.

Hopefully this will eliminate your having to go down to the pursers desk everytime you want to use your card to charge something on board.

Good luck and Happy Sailing!

BTW We'll be on the Dawn in Jan. and I will also try and get it to you in good shape.;)

Joannie

Yes, do take both unless you can get your passport name changed. You are going to have a wonderful cruise and you will be surprised how fast the time will go by between now and then, especailly with the holidays etc. We booked our HAL cruise in June for November; it seemed like it would be forever and now we are barely 3 months away, not quite. NMnita

NMnita...

Question for you...I am going to get my own insurance. What do you suggest for medical and evacuation? We are 26 and 30 in good health, although I know that accidents can always happen (like a shark bite...my biggest fear! LOL.) :)

You will have to get the passport amended however when you do this the cruise line will swipe your passport and your maiden name will still appear.
Joannie's right. You'll have to get your passport amended. A copy of your marriage license along with your passport won't work. If you look on the website (http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/correcting/correcting_2654.html) it tells you what form to fill out and where to send it. They'll add a page to the back of your passport with the name change. It took me about 3 weeks to get my passport back when I changed my name.

Have fun on your first cruise!

CONGRATULATIONS! My first cruise was on the Dawn and I loved it!

Congrats on your first cruise. I hope it is all you want it to be, mine was! Have a great time.

Archived