Help!! Can't find a hotel in SoBe or Key West Nov. 17-19

greatam

What is going on in Florida that week? Yes, I realize the dates are the weekend before Thanksgiving, but I can't find a single, decent (4 or 5*) hotel in either Key West (1 night) or South Beach (1 night).

Wasn't really planning on a camp out, but that may be the only alternative.

What is going on in Florida that week? Yes, I realize the dates are the weekend before Thanksgiving, but I can't find a single, decent (4 or 5*) hotel in either Key West (1 night) or South Beach (1 night).

Wasn't really planning on a camp out, but that may be the only alternative.

You do realize rates for 4* and 5* hotels in South Beach start at around $400 per night even in off season?

That said, The Kent Hotel (very nice little boutique) is on Quikbook for $132 per night.

Also keep in mind a room for four people is a premium room in South Beach and not a standard room so it will be a bit more expensive.

You do realize rates for 4* and 5* hotels in South Beach start at around $400 per night even in off season?

Definitely

That said, The Kent Hotel (very nice little boutique) is on Quikbook for $132 per night.

Thanks. I would have never given that hotel consideration, merely based on the price.

Also keep in mind a room for four people is a premium room in South Beach and not a standard room so it will be a bit more expensive.

Just the two of us

If I book the Kent (which does have availability and the pictures look almost like a W), where do you recommend in Key West?

I have tried all the biggies in both SoBe and Key West (Ritz, Marriott, Sheraton, etc. etc.). For some reason they are all booked.

We arrive on Nov. 17th. We cruise on Nov. 19. I want to go to Key West before the cruise.

Thanks again

Definitely

I have tried all the biggies in both SoBe and Key West (Ritz, Marriott, Sheraton, etc. etc.). For some reason they are all booked.

We arrive on Nov. 17th. We cruise on Nov. 19. I want to go to Key West before the cruise.

Thanks again

You know that the four hour drive to Key West can easily turn into an eight hour ordeal? I would not chance it the day of my cruise because EVERYTHING backs up traffic on US 1.

My parents live in Key West (they have a house there) part of the year and I make the drive down US 1 fairly often so I am familiar with traffic patterns (one trip took us 12 hours due to an accident, rain, and a rubbernecker rear ending US!!).

Anyway, that said, did you try the Southernmost Hotel? On the other end of Duval but nice and reasonable. What about La Concha?

You know that the four hour drive to Key West can easily turn into an eight hour ordeal? I would not chance it the day of my cruise because EVERYTHING backs up traffic on US 1.

My parents live in Key West (they have a house there) part of the year and I make the drive down US 1 fairly often so I am familiar with traffic patterns (one trip took us 12 hours due to an accident, rain, and a rubbernecker rear ending US!!).

Anyway, that said, did you try the Southernmost Hotel? On the other end of Duval but nice and reasonable. What about La Concha?

Thanks for the traffic info, although I was prepared for that. I plan on flying back to MIA. Arrive MIA about 4:00PM on the 17th, take a leisurely drive to Key West on the 18th, then fly back to MIA the morning of the 19th, make my way to FLL and board the ship.

Checked both the Southernmost and LaConcha. LaConcha has rooms, but for the property, the price is astronomical-$378.00. We may be staying in SoBe or camping out. I am going to try Priceline. I really just need a place to sleep. By the time we get there, go to Duval and wander around a little while, it will be time for bed. I booked the 6:00AM flight, to make sure I get back to MIA in time. Thanks for all your help.

Thanks for the traffic info, although I was prepared for that. I plan on flying back to MIA. Arrive MIA about 4:00PM on the 17th, take a leisurely drive to Key West on the 18th, then fly back to MIA the morning of the 19th, make my way to FLL and board the ship.

Checked both the Southernmost and LaConcha. LaConcha has rooms, but for the property, the price is astronomical-$378.00. We may be staying in SoBe or camping out. I am going to try Priceline. I really just need a place to sleep. By the time we get there, go to Duval and wander around a little while, it will be time for bed. I booked the 6:00AM flight, to make sure I get back to MIA in time. Thanks for all your help.

Archived