How much time can we kill at the Airport?

melodi1963

If anyone can give me some insite on whether or not I (a group of 12) can kill an extra 4 hours at the Anchorage airport, I would be greatful.

We had origanaly planed to be dropped off at the airport at 4:00 pm for a 5:20 pm flight. Now it looks like we won't be able to fly out until 9:35 pm.

Can we kill that much time in the airport without wanting to kill ourselves,:eek: or shoud I see if the limo company will add a few more hours to our time with them? I haven't read too much about what's in or around the airport to know what to do.

Thanks for your input,

We always carry a travel Yahtzee and/or Cribbage Board in our carry on--

just in case of delays. However, it sounds like you already have something planned that you might be able to extend.....good luck!!:D

There is very little to do at ANC. A few shops, some tourist brochure racks...

I'd try to enjoy that extra 4 hours elsewhere! There is a flight museum not far from the airport, but I'm not sure it'll be open that late. It is just far enough you'd still need transportation.

Take a few decks of cards and/or reading material, if nothing else!

Hope others can give you more input.:)

Melodi, here is a link to the layout of the Anchorage Airport. It shows where the restaurants and shops are. Maybe you could extend your limo, but don't cut it too close for going through security - there are a lot of cruise passengers that have late night flights.

Flying home this past June, we were on Delta, which is in a different terminal from Alaska Air and most of the other airlines (I recall some Asian airlines shared the terminal, but not exactly which ones). They didn't even open the security line until about 90 minutes before flight time and there was nothing at all to eat, buy, or browse until then. A couple tourist magazines and nothing else. So make sure you're in the main terminal if you're getting there early, or bring plenty to read!

Archived