Where is Josef, the Maitre D' who

Jabee

formerly was on the Celelbration.

You will know him well if you sailed with him.....

You will hear..."It's Showtime!!"

before the show.

He also is very energetic and visits almost every table every night.

We had him on both of our Celebration Cruises, and would love to

sail with him again.

Anyone seen him???

JB

We just sailed the Sensation on 7/27 and there was a Josef or Joseph who was our maitre'd. He was wonderful!!! He was my favorite of all the Carnival crew so far (except for Dorin the bartender on the Holiday).;)

We were on the Carnival Pride to Mexico August 6 and the Maitre-D was Yusef and he said "It's Showtime!" every night and he went to every table so I'm inclined to think it's the same guy you are thinking of....but I am almost certain his nameptag said Yusef not Josef.

• 7 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but Joseph seems to be legendary! His full name on his name tag just last week said Joseph Bronzovic - Canada and he was just our Maitre 'd on the Carnival Celebration this past week and he was a blast!

Here's a couple pics:

DSC00350.jpg.9ab3d0cf9e82964e08ba907240574363.jpg

DSC00434.jpg.be6503c9512abb9231d24260b9f0249c.jpg

DSC00444.jpg.e24bf16595c24d82908f04163cc43976.jpg

Joseph.jpg.528719e880a5c6a7f3ff1d84a151cca1.jpg

I know this is an old thread, but Joseph seems to be legendary! His full name on his name tag just last week said Joseph Bronzovic - Canada and he was just our Maitre 'd on the Carnival Celebration this past week and he was a blast!

Thanks for the post BobCav. Joseph was the highlight of our first cruise and we were disappointed to find he was on vacation the second time we went on Celebration. Good to know he's still around! :)

Thanks for the update...

Originally Joseph was scheduled to leave the Celebration to go to New Orleans with either the Sensation or Elation (I forgot which.) However, after the ship developed problems it was moved to Cape Canaveral and the Fantasy sent to New Orleans.

I could not get a firm answer, but with your pics, I know that is Joseph.

A lot of folks say the Matre' D is not important, and on many cruises I would agree. However on my last Celebration Cruise I requested a change to be with Joseph, and would love to dine with him again.

It's....SHOWTIME!!

Joseph is from Croatia...

not Canada...

but hey...both coutries

begin with a "C" and end with an "A"

The name "Joseph Bronzovic" does not

sound like he is from Montreal...

unless, of course he has been nationalized in

the last year.

Just got off the legend on Sunday and Yusef was indeed on the Legend Lower Truffles Dining Room. One night he was dressed like Elvis and every night he would start the show by saying It;s SSSSSSSShowtime. He was great and the waitstaff were awesome especially Patcharee and Angel. It was our first cruise but it won't be our last.

yup, thats him. And it is Yusef. He was on the Destiny last year when we cruised. We still say "it's showtime"!!

That's something I really missed on the Victory last week. It's amazing how something little like that makes such an impression.

Yeap Joseph is still on the celebration and yes it is Canada that he calls home. He is so much fun at dinner. He stopped by our table most every nite. He also made a pic with DW and the feather girl the night she was in the dining room. His Showtime made the dining room experience a lot of fun.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi to everyone, the best Matr'd that Iv'e ever had or seen was Stipe, on the Miracle. The nicest guy ever, hes been the original Matr'd since the ship came into service. He's been with Carnival for 17 years, the sad thing is, he's retiring in July......

joseph was still on the celebration as of 5/28

he IS from Canada and was one of the finest matre'ds we've ever encountered. VERY fun.....

okay, sailing Celebration in September. We've requested 8:00 dining--will be be in Joseph's dining room?

My favorite mati di so far has been George the Greek on the Inspiration.

okay, sailing Celebration in September. We've requested 8:00 dining--will be be in Joseph's dining room?

My favorite mati di so far has been George the Greek on the Inspiration.

is there a later seating than 8? he was in our 615pm seating of the vista dining room while we cruised and we sometimes weren't finished w/ our meal until after 8pm.

if this is the case, you're probably in the horizon dining room w/o joseph.

is there a later seating than 8? he was in our 615pm seating of the vista dining room while we cruised and we sometimes weren't finished w/ our meal until after 8pm.

if this is the case, you're probably in the horizon dining room w/o joseph.

oh well, we'll see! Last 2 cruises we've requested 8:00 dinner and have gotten 5:45--that sucked!!--and 8:30--that was okay. In both cases the matri couldn't move our party of 6 to a different time.

like others have said, we got off the celebration on may 28th and joseph was our maitre d in the vista dining room during our cruise! he may originally have been from croatia, but his nametag definately said canda...he was such a delight and very helpful when we wanted to change our dining time when we first boarded...it was funny to see him dancing around in a purple fuzzy hat and flashing glasses! its...showwtimee!

I have had Josef twice and he was from Croatia, and his accent definitely was from that part of the world.

He is without a doubt the best I have seen in all my cruises.

It could be possible he could have become a Canadian citizen and changed the spelling of his name.

I starte this thread, because Josef was originally going to tranfer to the Sensation, which was to be stationed in New Orleans. Instead, the Sensation had a prop problem and remained on the Bahamas route and the Fantasy went to NOLA instead.

It appears that Josef did not make the change and is still on the Celebration.

If you want the most fun you can have and a M-D who really cares about your full dining experience, give Josef a try. All you have to do is request the change when you board the ship. Go to the Dining room and request the change.

have a FANTASTIC TRIP!!

• 1 year later...

I sent my wife and her girl friends on a 5-day cruise on the Celebration last March before it was retired (sold off to Iberocruceros). All the ladies raved about "Showtime" with Josef.

We just came off a 5-day on the Fantasy last week, and while Stan "the Man" was good, my wife says he didn't even compare to Josef, who (according to my wife) consistently had had the top rated dining room in the fleet.

So where is Josef now? I hope Carnival transferred him to another ship. I'd love to see him in action.

Thanks,

Fat Boy

Archived