Hair Salon prices

Pootersmom

I hope to treat myself to a couple of visits to the hair salon to have it styled for one of the formal nights and maybe our Portofino's night out. Does anybody have any idea how their pricing compares to your average styling salon on land? I guess that is Seapass charged as well?

Actually, if you don't get your appointment made very soon after you embark, you will have little chance of getting in on a formal night (afternoon, actually). They are very busy and fill up quickly.

I don't know the individual prices, it does depend on the length (sometimes thickness) of your hair. I think the price for an updo starts at around $40, but goes up from there. Shampoo and blow dry, same story, I think it starts at around $25-30 and goes up, depending on length.

Don't quote me on these prices, perhaps someone else can give a better answer, I have a feeling I'm a bit on the low priced end. I do know that the prices for other services are rather high in comparison to land based salons.

I've heard stories going both ways as to quality of work, it really depends on the stylist and their abilities.

I've never done an updo on the ship before but was thinking of it for next time. But I would guess higher than that because I just paid $60 for a simple updo for a wedding.

How early do you think the appointment would have to be?

I got a shampoo and hair cut (in a completely new do) for $65. (went back to my stateroom with a wet head because I prefer doing it myself). I'm a FANATIC about my hair, and this was by far the BEST hair cut I've ever gotten! I was in the tropics and my hair turned dry and split ended by the 7th day. So, I didn't care what she did to me .. .just get rid of the dryness and rough ends. But, like I said ... the best ever! That was the one and only time I'd used the salon on a ship ... will definitely be going back! BTW: I LOVE their hair product, too! Can't wait for the next cruise to get some product ....

~d

We had our 13 y/o daughter's hair done in an updo last year on Adventure for formal night. IIRC, it was about $70. She had washed it before we went, so this was just for the 'do. DD has a LOT of long, thick, curly hair; it must have taken the stylist about an hour to put it all up. And it looked adorable! (Would never use that word with the teen, though... ;) He did a real cute "young" look for her with little wisps of hair sticking out around the mass of hair.) We thought that was a fairly reasonable price, considering it was a cruise ship salon.

BTW, if you want fancy clips or anything like that in your hair, you might want to bring your own. They have a selection at the salon for sale, but they're pricey.

Have a great time!

Chris

I know this may not matter, because I'm a man, but my haircut(plus shampoo) was $32.00 the stylist did a fantastic job......but the sales pitch is there too just not as strong as the spa. I had a pricelist somewhere amongst my cruise memorabilia, I'll have to try and find it....

DD has had up do's for formal nights on different lines. Always ask her to wash hair first. I find that annoying. For what they charge you they should wash your hair. She could only use her up do the one night because if she wanted to sleep that night, she would have to sleep standing up. She always felt the peson was rushing to get her done and doesn't go anymore.

Archived