Princess Bedding

hb1491

I sure wish they would follow the lead the HAL started and put those type of beds on Princess ships. We were on the Maasdam after the upgrade and they had the most comfortable mattress I have ever slept on. If they weren't so expensive I would order a mattress from them.

Have a great next cruise.

Princess seems to be having problems even just upgrading the bedding in the suites and mini suites. Last week on the CB in a mini, we still had the old style matterss and got stuck by springs all night long. Worst mattress we have ever seen onboard a Princess ship, even before the change.

Let's hope they find a way to get this done, then they can TRY to get it upgraded in other category cabins as well. This seems to be taking forever for them to just take care of what was promised originally. ARGH!

Or even NCL's! We had the best mattress in our suites on NCL last month! They were even better than HAL's new set-up, if you can believe it. I even stripped down the whole bed to find out what the brand name of mattress so I could buy one at home, but it was one I've never heard of and figured I'd never be able to find one on land. :(

The upgraded bedding on Princess pales in comparison to NCL's suites & HAL's. Even Carnival has some pretty decent bedding now.

Princess seems to be having problems even just upgrading the bedding in the suites and mini suites. Last week on the CB in a mini, we still had the old style matterss and got stuck by springs all night long. Worst mattress we have ever seen onboard a Princess ship, even before the change.

Let's hope they find a way to get this done, then they can TRY to get it upgraded in other category cabins as well. This seems to be taking forever for them to just take care of what was promised originally. ARGH!

Just curious what room number you had. :confused:

wow you must of sprung out of bed in the morning:)))

We did a HAL last fall and we stripped the sheets off and wrote down the brand Sealy posterpedic with a pillow top and when we came home we went with our travelling companions and BOTH ordered our new bed It is the best bed we were ever on or in Love it suprisingly it cost about 1200 canadian Not too bad Still the best bed

This thread has got to be a joke, I hope.......... Jake
I hope so too because on my recent Sea Princess cruise, all of the bedding in all of the cabins had been upgraded, not just suites and mini's. Loved the duvet! Just because one ship has been upgraded but another hasn't, doesn't mean that Princess isn't planning to upgrade. Sounds like whining to me.

Pam, it honestly doesn't surprise me that they have upgraded all of the bedding on the Sea Princess. I was told that since it is marketed in the UK that they do things a bit different on this ship. And after sailing last November on the Sea, it was different. That is one reason we booked it again for this year.

I have to agree with all that it is time for Princess to join the rest and upgrade their bedding! On the CB this summer, BA balcony, and found the same beds that were there on our last cruise on CB! On Oosterdam this April, the beds were wonderful. Sleeping and relaxation are key components to any vacation and this will improve their competitiveness! Cause they do have the other cruiselines beat with food and entertainment, IMHO.

Come on Princess, we are waiting!

We just sailed on the Golden in a mini suite and the beds were so comfy & cozy, the duvets were wonderful.

I have to admit, it swayed my cabin choice on the Star Cruise I just booked.

I was going to book just a balcony cabin up on Lido deck, but I was worried it wouldn't by comfy like the mini suite so I paid more and booked that instead.

If I knew for sure that balcony cabins had upgraded beds/linens it would have saved me alot of $$.

We were on the Dawn the end of July, inside cabin, and we had all new linens and the duvet. I hope they get to the CB before March . . .

We were also on the Dawn, in an Aloha deck balcony room, in August. I asked our steward for an egg crate because the bed felt a little hard to me when I first checked it out. Later it felt softer but when I checked, it had two regular mattress pads on it. I don't know if he added one or did nothing (it took two requests to get robes) but because it was comfortable, I didn't say anything more to him about it. We also had the duvet covered by the older bedspreads during the day. Our steward stashed it under the bed at night.

We were very comfortable with the two mattress pads and the duvet. :)

We were on the Dawn the end of July, inside cabin, and we had all new linens and the duvet. I hope they get to the CB before March . . .

Joanne1 - Just out of curiosity, were the mattresses on the Dawn new also? We will be on the Dawn in late October and are hoping for a comfortable bed.

We are on the CB in three weeks on a balcony on Baja deck. My DH has back problems and if the bed is cruddy he will be in serious trouble. So are they just a little hard, a little worn out, does it have a hole in the middle like some cheap hotel mattress or are they passable just not as great as they could be? I would hate to spead the entire cruise w/ DH down with his back. If the mini-suites are much better, should I try to upgrade or is it too late?

We found even our mini suite on the Caribbean Princess didn't have the new mattress yet, so not sure if that will do you any good.

What we found was that the beds were like rocks, and hard as one too. DH had a sunken section on his side but mine was just like sleeping on the floor.

Of all the ships we have sailed on the last few years, this bed had to be the worst. Each morning we both woke up with backaches.

We really like this ship, but before we return, we will check to make sure they have done the upgrade first. I don't think either of us could enjoy a week onboard again until this happens.

Admittedly, we both have back problems, so this is what might have made it worse on us then someothers.

I have to agree with all that it is time for Princess to join the rest and upgrade their bedding! On the CB this summer, BA balcony, and found the same beds that were there on our last cruise on CB! On Oosterdam this April, the beds were wonderful. Sleeping and relaxation are key components to any vacation and this will improve their competitiveness! Cause they do have the other cruiselines beat with food and entertainment, IMHO.

Come on Princess, we are waiting!

I agree exactly, Redjoan! Even the least expensive inside cabins on HAL's Vista Class ships have the most heavenly beds around! That's one inside cabin I sure wouldn't mind having!

Archived