Which Current HAL ships have you cruised on?

RevNeal

Which Current HAL Ships Have You Cruised On?  

658 members have voted

1. 1. Which Current HAL Ships Have You Cruised On?

As of 87 votes, here's the results thus far:

Noordam:

Bill S, boydsdaughter, Candy, cbvoyager, Cruiseoften, Darrell6t, DaveEdwards, doone, Downwind, Druke I, ekerr19, Esme, hryan, jasl, jazzsea, jpcruise, jstducky, Krazy Kruizers, lknick, Mary Ellen, mrssbi, Quendryth, rocks, rodree, Sage, sail7seas, SHayesShip, terrascape, Tvisitor, westerdam, wwinfl91

31 == 10.26%

Statendam:

big richard, Bill S, catlib55, cbvoyager, chuckann, Cruiseoften, cruisinjudy, dam1050, ejbmorr, ekerr19, Esme, flamingogal, gizmo, HalFan, jan7487, jasl, jazzsea, jpcruise, lknick, Mission Avenue, MISSYLOU, pcs15, Quendryth, revneal, rodree, sail7seas, sea dwag, terrascape, Terri Lee, Tvisitor, user8

31 == 10.26%

Maasdam:

Bill S, Candy, cbvoyager, chuckann, Cruiseoften, Darrell6t, Druke I, ekerr19, elmorejj, ExaltHim, F5Loar, Florida Lady, GrammyPL, gwynclaire, hryan, jazzsea, jeffyd, jpcruise, Krazy Kruizers, lknick, LoveLifeAtSea, Mary Ellen, MBeamTX, MISSYLOU, mrssbi, Orcrone, peaches from georgia, revneal, rocks, rodree, Sage, sail7seas, sea dwag, Terri Lee, tomc, Tvisitor, westerdam, wwinfl91

38 == 12.58%

Veendam

boards, Cruiseoften, doone, ekerr19, elmorejj, Esme, flamingogal, gizmo, gwynclaire, jasl, jazzsea, Leslieswiger, lknick, LoveLifeAtSea, mare s., Mary Ellen, revneal, rocks, rodree, Sage, sail7seas, sea dwag, SharonN, terrascape, Terri Lee, tomc, westerdam, wwinfl91

28 == 9.27%

Ryndam

big richard, Bill S, boydsdaughter, Cruiseoften, cruisinjudy, DaveEdwards, doone, Downwind, Esme, gizmo, hryan, jan7487, jazzsea, jpcruise, Krazy Kruizers, Leslieswiger, lknick, Mission Avenue, mrssbi, Quendryth, Randyk47, rocks, sail7seas, sea dwag, SharonN, SHayesShip, terrascape, Terri Lee, westerdam

29 == 9.60%

Volendam and/or Zaandam

bobpatj, boydsdaughter, Candy, Cruiseoften, cruisinjudy, dam1050, doone, ejbmorr, elmorejj, Esme, Florida Lady, gizmo, GrammyPL, gwynclaire, HalFan, hryan, jasl, jazzsea, jeffyd, jpcruise, jstducky, Krazy Kruizers, krimpet, L2cruise, lknick, LoveLifeAtSea, Mary Ellen, MBeamTX, Mission Avenue, mrssbi, Peter D, revneal, rocks, rodree, sail7seas, sea dwag, Southbound, srpilo, Terri Lee, tojofo, user8, viennacruiser, wwinfl91

43 == 14.24%

Amsterdam and/or Rotterdam VI

BenBar1, big richard, Bill S, bobpatj, cbvoyager, chuckann, Cruiseoften, Darrell6t, doone, Downwind, ejbmorr, ekerr19, elmorejj, Esme, flamingogal, gizmo, GrammyPL, gwynclaire, HalFan, jan7487, jasl, jazzsea, jhannah, Krazy Kruizers, Leslieswiger, lknick, llhlam, mare s., Mary Ellen, Mission Avenue, ore-ee-gun, peaches from georgia, PT Cruisin, Quendryth, revneal, rocks, rodree, Sage, sail7seas, sea dwag, SharonN, starysacz, Terri Lee, tojofo, tomc

45 == 14.90%

Prinsendam

cbvoyager, Florida Lady, jan7487, jasl, jazzsea, jpcruise, lknick, terrascape

8 == 2.65%

Zuiderdam

ASM, Candy, Darrell6t, ekerr19, Ellya, F5Loar, GrammyPL, gwynclaire, jazzsea, jhannah, jstducky, Krazy Kruizers, L2cruise, LAFFNVEGAS, lknick, llhlam, LoveLifeAtSea, MBeamTX, mrssbi, pcs15, rodree, sail7seas, SHayesShip, Southbound, typhoonwi, westerdam

26 == 8.61%

Oosterdam and/or Westerdam

2forTravelin, 777steve, ASM, BenBar1, bobpatj, Darrell6t, digby, ejbmorr, Florida Lady, Gitte, HalFan, jan7487, jazzsea, Krazy Kruizers, LAFFNVEGAS, lknick, peaches from georgia, Randyk47, rodree, Southbound, tojofo, typhoonwi, westerdam

23 == 7.62%

Thus far the single ship with the most sailings is the Maasdam. Not a surprise.

While there are more votes for the Amsterdam/Rotterdam, it's hard to know which is which.

Poor little Prinsendam, as of now, isn't getting nearly the vote totals as any of the others.

ExaltHim,

It's interesting that you don't remember voting ... you are listed in the results has having selected the Maasdam. :)

Question ... have you voted on the "Age" Poll yet????? :eek:

You know, someone voted 106+ .... ;) :D :p

I'm actually very surprised that the Amsterdam and the Rotterdam VI don't score higher. If they each get half their combined score (assuming a 50/50 split, which I doubt) then each only has 23 and a half. That's LOW compared to the Maasdam and the other S-class ships. I suppose the fact that they've not been in service as long as the S-class ships will play a role in the fact that they don't have as many of us having cruised on them at least once.

I was disappointed that I wasn't able to list each ship by itself ... the 10 option limit on the poll feature is annoying.

Just recently got off the Prinsendam and were thrilled with it - it's a much smaller, more intimate ship (certainly compared to the Zuiderdam which we sailed on last February), and we enjoyed it tremendously. Certainly looking forward to sailing on the Prinsendam again in the future.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

We have sailed on many. The Rotterdam, both V and VI, Amsterdam, Rydam, Statendam, Maasdam, Veendam, Old Westerndam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Noordam, and Oosterdam. Our favorite was the Rotterdam V. That ship had class. Our least favorite was the Oosterdam. We would like to try the Prisendam.

The Veendam is the only HAL ship I've been on. I liked her--things I liked included small, classic, ability to walk outside around decks, Lido offers inside/outside dining, covered pool--so which other HAL ships also offers all this?

Hey Revneal..it says that I've voted before but I haven't even seen this posting 'til today since I haven't been on the cc boards for a few days! Tho I've enjoyed all the ships we've sailed on...my very favorite of all the ships (including all the lines that we've sailed with) is the MS Amsterdam! Would love to sail with her again...maybe on her South American itinerary one day! And we are booked on our first Vista class cruise this November...on the

Oosterdam and am looking forward to checking her out!

Happy sailing to all!

Hi Buckeyelady...if you loved the Veendam...then you will enjoy sailing on her sisters..the Maasdam, Statendam and Ryndam. These 4 ships are basically the same in layouts and size but with slightly different decor and artwork. The Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Zaandam, Volendam are a little bit larger than the Veendam and her sisters but the layouts would have a familiar feel for you since you're already familiar with the Veendam. The Noordam (who had a 'sister'...the Nieuw Amsterdam) is sort of on her own in layout as compared with the rest of the fleet. And I guess you could say that about the the Prinsendam too. Now the new Vista class ships are the largest current HAL ships and might seem 'too' big but only when compared to the other HAL ships in the fleet. They are certainly not 'megasized' when compared to the QM2 or some of the RCCL or CCL ships out there. All the HAL ships have the great wraparound teak decks!

Happy sailing on all the wonderful HAL ships!

Hey Revneal..it says that I've voted before but I haven't even seen this posting 'til today since I haven't been on the cc boards for a few days!

That's VERY interesting. I wonder how that happened?? Does someone else use your account? Also ... check to see if the ships you've been on have been selected by you. You can see who has voted for which ship by click on the number of votes column in the tally list.

Too bad we can't vote for the # of times/ship, or # of days. Anyway, here's my breakdown:
Statendam: 1994, 12 days; 2000, 18 days
Veendam: 1998, 10 days; 2003, 7 days
Ryndam: 1996, 7 days; 2002, 21 days
Amsterdam: 2001, 17 days
Rotterdam VI: 2002, 10 days; 2003, 33 days; 2004, 34 days.

My favorites are still the original S-class ships due to their size and true Piano Bar. Next year I hope to sail the Maasdam for 35 days.

When you get up to over 1200 days, as do friends from the Boston area, then you have bragging rights.

I only got somewhat over 300...or at least that's what my medalion says. [BTW, the pins make great tie tacks.]

[QUOTE]When you get up to over 1200 days, as do friends from the Boston area, then you have bragging rights.[/QUOTE]

I can't imagine having that many days. 1200 days is 3 years, 3 months, and about 13 and a half days. Wow!

[QUOTE]I only got somewhat over 300...or at least that's what my medalion says. [BTW, the pins make great tie tacks.][/QUOTE]

After my cruise on the Zaandam I'll be at 102 days on HAL, 27 days on the Orient Line's Marco Polo. At this rate I'll be in my late 60s before I build up to 300 days. My parents are just a smidgen under 400 (I think their 7 days on the Maasdam in May put them to within one cruise of 400 days).

[quote name='revneal']I'm actually very surprised that the Amsterdam and the Rotterdam VI don't score higher. If they each get half their combined score (assuming a 50/50 split, which I doubt) then each only has 23 and a half. That's LOW compared to the Maasdam and the other S-class ships. I suppose the fact that they've not been in service as long as the S-class ships will play a role in the fact that they don't have as many of us having cruised on them at least once.

I was disappointed that I wasn't able to list each ship by itself ... the 10 option limit on the poll feature is annoying.[/QUOTE]

revneal-

The pricing on the Rotterdam is prohibitive, I believe. We have looked at it numerous times, for a 10-day sailing the price is always more than any other 10-day sailing... this may keep many from booking her.

I agree. I've been looking for a solo cruise to do early next year. I'd love to take the Rotterdam to the Panama Canal for a follow up visit after my trip through the canal this fall, but I can't afford the price they're quoting. I tried to get on one of those cruises as Chaplain, but they're already filled and I'm not supposed to come up in the rotation until next summer a the earliest.

Hi Gitte, will miss you on our next cruise. Doing Amsterdam Nov 2005 but probably a last minute "too much snow here now" and a "too good a price to turn down" before that.

Didn't notice this thread until it was too late to vote for the Amsterdam as our favorite.

Archived