Sephora

GORDONCHICK

Are you getting a free standing store or one of the new ones going in the JC Penney stores?

The new ones going into JC Penney, will be very limited in brands and will only carry the moderate priced ones.

If you're getting a freestanding store you're in luck.

What's nice about Sephora, unlike a dept store is that they don't push any one brand. Their salespeople will give you great advice and they have no brand allegiance which is great.

I like the Sephora brand lipstick. It's only $10. a tube and is fruit flavored so you never have the unpleasant taste that some brands have. They also have a nice line of bath products (soaps/gels/bubble bath/sponges) that are packaged in nice containers and all color/fragrance coordinated and you can mix 'n match a nice gift for someone - or yourself.

Some of the brands I've bought at Sephora are Dr. Perricone, Joey and ROC. They're all skincare products.

Sephora is great. As Jane mentioned, they don't push anything on you, and you can try virtually everything!

I buy my Bare Minerals product there, plus Bourgoisie lipstick, Cargo eye liner cakes, and whatever else is interesting.

They have all kinds of fabulous skin care products, ranging from affordable to out of this world expensive (well, they're too high for my budget :) ), and he most amazing wall of fragrances.

Hope you are getting the full store, but if not, it's even fun to shop on-line as they send you free samples!

Are you getting a free standing store or one of the new ones going in the JC Penney stores?

From what I read in the paper this weekend, it will be a free-standing store in a mall (that's very close to where I live and work!).

Jane, that lipstick sounds great! Do they come in different formulas? I prefer creamy lipsticks over the ones that stay on no matter what. I would rather reapply (and it would be a plus if they taste like fruit) and have the soft and creamy kinds.

Gordonchick, which mall is Sephora going to be in? I live in Dallas but I'm an OKC girl and we still get "home" quite often. (I grew up in the "Edgewater" part of town, 63rd & Portland, a very nice area way back when!) I get to Penn Square quite often but also make it out to Quail Springs sometimes. There is so much new stuff out there along Memorial Road, in fact I was just in that Ulta recently. OKC is really coming along, it's been so fun to see all the new places each time we visit! :D

Gordonchick, which mall is Sephora going to be in? I live in Dallas but I'm an OKC girl and we still get "home" quite often. (I grew up in the "Edgewater" part of town, 63rd & Portland, a very nice area way back when!) I get to Penn Square quite often but also make it out to Quail Springs sometimes. There is so much new stuff out there along Memorial Road, in fact I was just in that Ulta recently. OKC is really coming along, it's been so fun to see all the new places each time we visit! :D

It's supposed to be at Penn Square (and I remember when it wasn't really a mall). We live over by Baptist Medical Center (and that's where I work), so it'll be really close. I don't really like driving over to Ulta, but the one on Memorial is the closest.

It's a small world Gordonchick ... I used to work at Union Bank in Mayfair; my DH and I were married at Mayfair Methodist Church on 50th; both our kids were born at Baptist (I always forget to call it Integris now). My mom just passed away in May and we sold her condo at 50th & Portland, across the street from Coit's.

So yes, you're certainly in my old stomping grounds ... and yes, I well remember Penn Square LONG before it was a mall!! (My favorite store was Street's, remember that one? And are you old enough to remember Katherine Lipes??)

I've been in Texas 20+ years, but good ol' OKC is will forever be HOME!

And are you old enough to remember Katherine Lipes??

I don't remember that one but I do remember going to Earl's once for a navy blazer for my school uniform. I miss Streets, but even more John A Browns! Heck, I already miss Foleys - so far I'm not a Macy's fan. I'm hanging out more and more at the Dillard's end these days.

How could we forget John A Brown's?!? My brother worked there while he was in college (selling ladies' shoes! :p ). When I was going through my mom's house we found lots of old John A Brown gift boxes in her Christmas closet. We all squealed when we saw them!! :D

Thanks for the walk down Memory Lane (which is an actual street not far from 50th & Portland ... my aunt used to live on the corner of 46th & Memory Lane, LOL!).

I ordered something for DH from the JCPenney online store and see that they are now affiliated with Sephora. I heard the new CEO of JCP is trying to "upscale" the image. I'd love it if the JCP store in my mall carried Sephora. The closest to me is Orlando which is 60 miles away :(

Hi girls, I went to Sephora's today and found some new facial

cleanser by "Bliss"....anyone ever use it?

It is a cleanser/exfoliating gel. The gal who helped me was

very nice, not pushy at all and I also got 4 samples of other

items:)

Archived