ckrobyn

Do you lock your suitcase?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Do you lock your suitcase?

• Yes, I have always locked my suitcase
    • Sometimes but not always
    • My suitcase locks but I never use it
    • I don't own a suitcase lock

We use zip ties in a clear color and put neon green ones in the bag so that if it cuts cut into for an inspection...I will know and also sometimes the security people will actually put the neon green one on in its place and then I still will know.

I'm curious -

How many of us lock all of our suitcases every time we travel?

Most of the airlines have been very clear with us not to lock suitcases. In one case they did break the lock, in others they simply asked me to unlock it at the checkin counter. For the last five years we haven't locked anything.

Fran in Toronto

I absolutely lock ours every time. Not so much that I pack anything of value that I think is going to get stolen, but more so that it keeps people from being able to put something IN my suitcase that I don't know about! :eek:

I have TSA approved locks and have never had a problem with security since we got them about 3 years ago.

I use TSA locks when I fly, have for a long time now, after I lost a nice lock to it being cut off. When I am cruising and driving, which I do most of the time, I use regular locks sometimes, they dont cut them off but most luggage locks that come with your luggage use a universal key, one can unlock the others. I have my own locks for those occasions.

I use real locks--only once has 1 bag been opened. I'd rather have my lock cut off, and I'll know it, than have TSA agents (or anyone with a TSA key) pawing through my stuff. Out of about 15 flights since 9/11, only 1 time has a bag been checked--and not all of our bags, either.

I'm locking my stuff!

I absolutely lock ours every time. Not so much that I pack anything of value that I think is going to get stolen, but more so that it keeps people from being able to put something IN my suitcase that I don't know about! :eek:

I have TSA approved locks and have never had a problem with security since we got them about 3 years ago.

What are you worried about being put IN your suitcase?

Never did pre 9/11 and don't now. I've probably been on 300 or more airline trips and never had anything missing. There's nothing in my suitcase that can't be replaced either!

As far as something being put in my suitcase, I'll take my changes.

Archived