Is Jacket Needed

collielover

Where are you sailing from?

We did a western Caribbean cruise out of Tampa in mid November one year. When we arrived in FL, the temps were in the 80's and humid. That night a cold front and rain storm came in and the next day temps dropped into the 50's. We had 50's all the way to Cozumel and I only packed one or two pair of long pants for myself. We were glad that we had brought our spring jackets (we fly from Chicago so at least we would have some protection if the weather was cold when arriving home).

We always bring a light jacket or sweater with us, not for the outside weather but most ships we have been on the common areas the A/C can get quite chilly

We do the same thing. The only cruise I've had where the outside air temperature was too cold was a December Western Caribbean cruise out of Galveston - it was 35 degrees when the ship left Galveston.

I always bring a light jacket, sweater or sweatshirt. As previously stated, it depends on where you are sailing from; for instance, Glaveston and California can be cool the first and last days. And of course you can hit cool or rainy weather by bad luck, even in the Caribbean.

I use mine mostly in the evening or in the air conditioned portion of the ships if it's too cool.

I always bring a light jacket, sweater or sweatshirt. As previously stated, it depends on where you are sailing from; for instance, Glaveston and California can be cool the first and last days. And of course you can hit cool or rainy weather by bad luck, even in the Caribbean.

I use mine mostly in the evening or in the air conditioned portion of the ships if it's too cool.

The AC does seem to be very cold on many ships so a sweater might be good also a wrap when going from the pool area to inside as there can be quite a change.

I always pack a light sweater for both day and night on the ship. The a/c can be very cold. Remember, they are trying to keep men in ties and jackets from baking. Meanwhile we females in our little sundresses and sandals are getting goose bumps on our goose bumps.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived