sailing out of Norfolk, VA

goduke

Do the cruises out of Norfolk actually go anywhere besides Bermuda??? I would love to take a cruise that I don't have to fly to port, but none of the ports close to me (Baltimore or Norfolk) really go anywhere good! OR sail any of the newer ships. Too bad--maybe someday!

The Maasdam is doing a Caribbean sailing of 10 days out of Norfolk. Be prepared for late departure if seas are rough in winter. Ours left a 8 pm. did not board til 4 pm. They had a lunch set up at the Marriott. They also provided a shuttle to take you around Norfolk. I think it is the Eastern Carb this time. They may have the new terminal now but it was a tent when I went in Feb 05.

Holland America is pulling out of Norfolk for 2007-no more cruises from Norfolk next year. Carnival will be doing the 6 day Bahamas and RCCL Empress of the Seas will do Bermuda in 2007 from Norfolk.

We have sailed out of Norfolk and loved it. The new terminal is going to be great but we have to get some more cruise lines in there going to the Carribbeam.

Holland America is pulling out of Norfolk for 2007-no more cruises from Norfolk next year. Carnival will be doing the 6 day Bahamas and RCCL Empress of the Seas will do Bermuda in 2007 from Norfolk.

I'm looking forward to the Empress going out of Norfolk next year!

The water out of Norfolk this time of year was VERY rough. We sailed Carnival, and they didn't want to delay departure, so they sailed us right through some horrific waves. We were scared to death.

I would be interested in trying again during the spring when the water is nicer, and when Empress is homeported here! The news cruise terminal is well underway. Its much needed and a huge improvement. It's scheduled to be ready in time for Empresses' arrival.

We'll be ready to give her a whirl

why is holland american pulling out just when they get the new terminal? we have sailed out of norfolk before 9/11 on a now defunct line. it was confusing, but they had valet parking. our car was parked right there when we got off the ship. i look forward to the empress also, although it is one of the older, smaller ships, & i wish for a more varied iteniary.

I did not hear any reason for Holland America moving out of Norfolk. We did an 11 day Carribbean on Maasdam several years ago out of Norfolk and loved it.

I think most cruise lines might think it is so far down to the Carribbean that they can't do 7 day cruises and maybe that is the length they like best. But we prefer longer cruises, at least 10 days, and wish some line like Princess would come to Norfolk and offer longer cruises. I think they would not have a problem filling up the ship.

Norfolk is a great place to cruise from and is within driving distance for lots of us!

Archived