What "odd" things do you look forward to when cruising?

cruisin_cutie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

And I might add:

--Being rocked to sleep every night

--Sitting on the promenade deck watching the ocean for hours through the large windows (mesmerizing).

--The rumble of the ship when it pulls away from port.

--Putting my things away (that means I live here now!!)

--The first flush--makes me laugh every time.

--Smoking Cuban cigars off the stern of the ship at night (some girls like cigars!)

our first cruise was for our 30th anniversary and each one since has been just as memorable.

We couldn't afford to travel much in our early years together so we truly apprieciate our cruises.

Love all our private moments, glasses of wine & the smell of my DH's cigar, the excitement of sunsets,( even though we live in the Tampa area and can watch beautiful sunsets any night ) for some reason they all seem exceptional.

Love casual breakfast on our balcony before we head out for a full day of fun and adventure.

I guess I could go on forever, there are just so many reasons cruising is special and worth looking forward to.....Late Linda

To see if we leave each port when scheduled or if some dolt decides to take their time getting back on the ship right before departure.:p It happens every cruise, so DH and I now like to go watch off the side of the ship to see if they make it onboard. We did see a guy that was left behind at his request while he waited for, what we assumed, his mom and dad to show. Poor guy.:(

This may sound so cliche, but my DH and I love to stand at the front of the ship for at least an hour when we head out to the ocean after every port. So Titanic-like.

ARE YOU ALLOW TO DO THIS??? I HEARD YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DO THIS FOR SECURITY REASONS. YOU KNOW THE TITANIC SCEAN YOUR TALKING ABOUT...IS THAT CALLED THE BRIDGE??

I like being able to drink to excess and never being asked to drive the ship.All year long I always have to limit my partying for fear of DWI. At sea I can be rediculous. I like that twice a year.

YES,YES,YES

its the only time in drink in excess without guilt. Work and responsibilities keep this type of fun at bay throughout the year, but when I'm cruising---

uninhibated and loving every minute of it!! Glad someone else feels that way. I thought i was weird for doing that.

Standing on the decks you get to thru the Secret Doors :) . Very few people there and everyone knows what the rest did they founs the Secret door to the deck. There are 2 on our ship later this week :cool: . I will be on the one on the Lido deck.

Happy Sailing, I'm already packed! My wife isn't.

Hi All,

My wife and I have a little tradition on each cruise. We love to stand in front of the safe and turn off our cell phones, put them in the safe and know that there will be no work for the next 10 or so days. Is there any other type of vacation when you really have a chance to "get away from it all"?

B&B

We love to do the exact same thing. Turn off the cell phones and stick 'em in the safe and don't take them out til we're back! Heaven!!:D

Seeing my DH in a tuxedo on formal nights.... even though we're both over 55, to me he's the sexiest man on the ship!!!:);)

I agree, we are approaching 60 years but still think of each other as we did 38 years ago getting married. I look at him dressed for those formal nights & feel so lucky to have such a sexy, wonderful & amazing man...Hope all you young women feel half as good with your special man...Later Linda

The Muster Drill!!! I have a picture of me on deck in a life vest from every cruise I've been on.

Hey, I have those pictures, too! (of me in a life vest, that is ;) )I was just about to post, "Take my picture with the life ring that has the ship name on it", but you reminded me of my other ritual, too.

I like some of the others - love the sound of the toilet flushing...

I think my favorite thing is the TV channel that shows the front of the ship. When we are awake in our room - we always have it on. On our recent Hawaii cruise - they were always playing Hawaiian music on that channel. It was absolutely awesome. Actually we heard a song on that channel (many times) that we are still trying to find out the name and singer. It was about our Hawaiian ancestors and what they would think about all of the growth and highways in their ancestoral land. It was a beautiful song. Did I say that I love Hawaiian music????? :D

I don't know if this would be considered odd, but I love it when I first see the ship sitting and waiting for me to get on it! I also love it when a crew member meets you once you cross over and have a welcome drink of some kind. It is just a little one is a plastic cup, but I feel at that point my vacation has started!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if this would be considered odd, but I love it when I first see the ship sitting and waiting for me to get on it! I also love it when a crew member meets you once you cross over and have a welcome drink of some kind. It is just a little one is a plastic cup, but I feel at that point my vacation has started!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't even need the drink - as soon as I take that first step onto the ship my cares slip away.

• 2 weeks later...
Sit on the balcony totally naked with my girlfriend and enjoy the sea air and view!

I am looking forward to some sunbathing, as well... however, as we are cruising to Alaska in September, it may not happen... people will wonder why we are out there "dressed all in blue!"