What "odd" things do you look forward to when cruising?

cruisin_cutie

think your parents should leave you at home!!!

:D how about not getting security called on you at all:D sounds like the best plan all around...if someone cant find anything to do on a cruise ship that doesnt disturb others, perhaps home is the best place for them anyway

1--Watching the swirling colors of the water as churned up in its wake.

2--Marvelling at the "liquid blue coal" appearance of the wide open ocean.

3--Meeting new people from all over, and learning their stories--believe it or not, the buffet dining area is GREAT for this!

4--Calling two very interested Gurkha ship's security officers to track down the little B@$+@&3s who were running down the hall knocking on all the doors on our deck. :mad: And contemplating what surprises their parents were subjected to by ship's security....(heh). :D Actually happened, and will happen again if need arises. Be warned.:cool:

:D how about not getting security called on you at all:D sounds like the best plan all around...if someone cant find anything to do on a cruise ship that doesnt disturb others, perhaps home is the best place for them anyway

One of my favorite things was just sitting on the balcony listening to my MP3 and watching the sea. I especially like the flying fish. Blew me away first few times I saw those. Kicking back listening to any kind of music (I've nearly everything except ©rap on that little gizmo) I want. Only thing that makes it better is enjoying the finer spirits of Scotland and maybe a good cigar. ;)

Man, I gotta go put some Jimmy Buffet on now.

Fair winds,

JHC

This a great thread. I want to leave for our cruise now!

Things I love about a cruise...

Before a cruise

1. Researching ports and deciding what to do in each port.

2. Packing

3. "Meeting" CC members on the same cruise on Roll Call.

During the cruise

1. SEA DAYS!

2. If the ship has a slide - having as much fun as a kid!

3. Watching the sun set and rise out at sea from the balcony.

4. Meeting CC members at a meet and greet.

5. Not being at work!!!!!!

6. Feeling the warm sun and sea air while it is snowing at home.

The only thing that I wish for during a cruise.... having my passport stamped.

Happy cruising!

* All that anticipation..Driving up to the ship, going up the escalator and finally walking onboard...best feeling in the world!

* Reading the cruise dailies each evening deciding what to do the next day.

* Attempting to take a pre-dinner shower in turbulent waters without either concussing yourself or laughing so hard your spouse/travel companion walks in to find you on the floor, blinded by shampoo, guffawing in a most un-ladylike manner.

* taking 976 photos of the water churning behind the ship because it looks so pretty then showing the photos to people trying to explain that "you had to be there"

Wow.

This all sounds so wonderful, I have just finished reading the entire thread. I will be on my first cruise on the Jewel of the Seas is March 2008.

Even though I have not cruised before, reading your posts have filled me with that "peaceful easy feeling" that one gets when they are totally relaxed, and at peace within themself and the world. I know that I shall enjoy myself - with every aspect of the cruise, including charming teenagers knocking on my door and running away.

Wow.

This all sounds so wonderful, I have just finished reading the entire thread. I will be on my first cruise on the Jewel of the Seas is March 2008.

Even though I have not cruised before, reading your posts have filled me with that "peaceful easy feeling" that one gets when they are totally relaxed, and at peace within themself and the world. I know that I shall enjoy myself - with every aspect of the cruise, including charming teenagers knocking on my door and running away.

It's just like going to Vegas. If you can't have fun on a cruise you're hopeless!

Fair winds,

JHC

As annoying as it can be...I love the anticipation of waiting to board the ship....My first cruise was in June...and i had No Idea what to expect..i was mezmorized by the site of our ship upon arrival to the port that no line, no amt to pay for parking (yikes), no annoying person that kept bumping into me in line...could irritate me....I would bounce a little out of giddyness as we waited for the first clerk to set up our S&S cards, then the xray machine (still giddy), then receiving the roooom keys (Now im really dancing in my shoes), up the stairs, escalators, PICTURE TIME!!! (biggest and cheesiet smile on my face)....up another escalator, "may i see your ID and S&S" card please?, Family infront of us "WHAT i just asked the lady before you if i needed my S&S anymore and she said no!!! Now i have to put all this krap down and find it again, UGH"...meanwhile im still bouncing up and down behind them as my DBF groans....FINALLY "welcome aboard" and then ANOTHER quick picture for the S&S card."enjoy your cruise!"..weeeee....ahhhhhhhh......can't wait to go through all that again :-P

The only thing that I wish for during a cruise.... having my passport stamped.

Happy cruising!

As soon as I have that first boat drink in my hand I'm happy!

Hey Don,

Can you please tell me a little bit about having your passport stamped? Where do you have it done? Onboard the ship or on the different islands? I think that would be very cool. I know my kids would think thats cool! We all got passports prior to our cruise last year & I've never heard anything about getting them "stamped".

Thanks!

Hey Don,

Can you please tell me a little bit about having your passport stamped? Where do you have it done? Onboard the ship or on the different islands? I think that would be very cool. I know my kids would think thats cool! We all got passports prior to our cruise last year & I've never heard anything about getting them "stamped".

Thanks!

Having our passports stamped is what I miss when cruising. I have not yet found a way to have my passport stamped in each port. Here are a few things I have learned:

1. I read on a CC message board that you can ask the Purser to have your passport stamped at each port. That would mean that you would have to leave your passports with the Purser. We take our passports with me everywhere (you never know when they will come in handy).

2. In some ports there are immigration offices within walking distance or a short cab ride. We have never had time to do this.

A short story - In Panama, we were in a Duty Free Shop where there was a Customs Officer. I asked, in very, very broken Spanish, if they could stamp our passports. They thought I was asking for a Panama stamp (souvenir) and sent me to a gift shop. After going back and forth, I finally settled for a any stamp that said Panama. The gift owner stamped our passports with his business and address. I would not recommend this as it is a non-official stamp in a gov't ID.

Best of luck getting those stamps!

Having our passports stamped is what I miss when cruising. I have not yet found a way to have my passport stamped in each port. Here are a few things I have learned:

1. I read on a CC message board that you can ask the Purser to have your passport stamped at each port. That would mean that you would have to leave your passports with the Purser. We take our passports with me everywhere (you never know when they will come in handy).

Thanks Don, we might check into that at the Pursers desk once onboard. I have always kept our passports in the room safe once onboard, afraid I'd lose them on an island somewhere

i love playing ding dong ditch to the cabins.

that has got to be the funnest. we run down the hallways and hit everydoor, they all come out at the same time. i remeber we did it to the kids club once, and the ladie actually chased after us

i don t think anyone would be feeling very sorry for you if you happen to

get left behind on the pier..:rolleyes:

alas..i luv hearing the call *welcome, please have your passport s and boarding pass ready*..then i know vacation has begun..:D

Hey Don,

Thanks!

When MY DH and I took our first cruise in 2005. We had to special request ours to be stamped. Then it was just stamped US side. Couldn't get a stamp in the Bahamas. I wish they would stamp them again what a thrill to see all the stamps in them.

When MY DH and I took our first cruise in 2005. We had to special request ours to be stamped. Then it was just stamped US side. Couldn't get a stamp in the Bahamas. I wish they would stamp them again what a thrill to see all the stamps in them.

Maybe we should make up our own stamp.

got a good catch phrase?

Well, I know this will not sound 'odd' to most of you, but it is odd to me cause I never have this done for me except on cruises: BEING WAITED ON LIKE A QUEEN! Nice to have staff put my napkin in my lap and call me 'Madame' and treat me like I am a queen. Not having to clean my own room, cook and serve our meals and make our drinks!

putting the mattress on the balcony and sleeping under the stars

Wow, must be a really big balcony ... or a really small matress! I'd love to do that someday.

* taking 976 photos of the water churning behind the ship because it looks so pretty then showing the photos to people trying to explain that "you had to be there"

Ha, I thought I was the only one who did that!

The thing I look forward to the most is the TV channel that constantly displays the ship's location, weather, etc. I try watching The Weather Channel at home but it's just not the same! :D

Boy, I love this thread!!

I love to order EVERYTHING off the menu and not have to worry about $$$ and tasting & sharing all that food with my dh AND the fact that food is available 24/7 and I dont have to cook it!!!

I love sitting on my balcony at the back of the ship and watch the wake in the sunlight and the moonlight. Watching the sunrise and sunset.

My dh and I love to be rocked to sleep!!

I could go on and on and on and on................................