Happy Birthday Babylene

cmjaffe

Thanks, Carolyn...you are so sweet. I really appreciate the thought...late is good,too!

To stay on topic....we went out "en famille" Friday night...for Italian. I was pretty good (walked one hour prior) and managed to take off 1/2 pound. Sounds impressive,eh? Well.....yesterday morning, walked 1 and 1/2 hours, last night went out for fish .....(I usually don't gain when we go for fish)...and this morning I am up 1 and 1/2 pounds.....go figure. It is an on-going battle.

How is Alex and how are your parents...and of course...how are you?

Thanks,Pam. You are also so sweet. (So many sweet people....you think I could find another word....too early in the morning!)

How are you doing? Do you have a full house this summer? Is anyone driving you crazy???????

My older son is leaving for 3 weeks in Peru. He is not a "traveller" and gives me "the look" whenever I try to ply him with my wisdom! I hope he has a great time...but I would like to see him back already...safe and sound! (Do I sound like a Jewish Mother????)

I didn't know either Baby. Sorry to have missed it. I've reached that point when I no longer acknowledge birthdays, unless of course hubby has a small box with a little reminder in it. :p Unfortunately the last time he bought me roses, it was in the form of a bush. He said it would last longer. Ya right! :rolleyes:

Beth

You are both so sweet (I know I am repeating myself...but I don't want to play "favourites"!!!!!!!

Beth...was it an indoor bush or an outdoor bush? I tell my DH...1 rose would be very romantic. He doesn't have to spend a fortune. But this year he surprised me with a lovely bouquet of flowers (no roses,though!)

Now that I have your attention...have you ever used the steamer we bought at Walmart? I took it on our last cruise, set it up, but couldn't figure out how to get it to work. I recommended it to a cousin (before I even tried it) and every now and then, she asks me how it works. I need help!!!!

Thanks,Pam. You are also so sweet. (So many sweet people....you think I could find another word....too early in the morning!)

How are you doing? Do you have a full house this summer? Is anyone driving you crazy???????

My older son is leaving for 3 weeks in Peru. He is not a "traveller" and gives me "the look" whenever I try to ply him with my wisdom! I hope he has a great time...but I would like to see him back already...safe and sound! (Do I sound like a Jewish Mother????)

I have more in my house than I would like, right now... Don't ask! A houseguest who was supposed to be here for *a few days* is going on week 4... NO! I am NOT happy!!! And YES!!! I am crazy! I even booked myself a ticket to FL, for 9 days, and then cancelled, because I have too much going on here that won't get taken care of without me...

And yes again... You sound like a typical Jewish mom... How did your son end up going to Peru???

He's leaving Tues for 3 weeks. It's amazing because he really hasn't travelled much except for a couple of organized trips to Israel. He likes to be "different" and even though he has never been to Europe, he didn't want to go to the countries everyone visits.

I don't know how Peru came up, but he is going to "do" the Inca Trail to Manch Pichu. He is travelling with a friend. First they have to spend 3 days in Cusco (sp?) to acclimatize to the altitude. Then they have to hire a guide to carry their bags (not because they are spoiled, but because it is too difficult to carry backpacks at that altitude). The guides also prepare their meals. It is quite a trek.

South America seems to be the "in" place now. If all is well, maybe DH & I will go somewhere there in '06. I think I'd stick to land rather than a cruise, because hotels are very reasonably priced. I am getting addicted to cruising, which I always said I'd do only when I got old!!!! But I am beginning to miss my land trips. It's really the only way to "see" and "feel" a place.

Good luck with your "load"!! Hope your guest leaves soon. Why Fl in the summer?

>>>Why Fl in the summer?

FL in the summer, isn't much worse than Chicago in the summer. Besides... I have friends there that are willing to *take me in* :)

Going there next month anyway, assuming all goes as planned, to take DS#2 to school, in Sarasota...

Was home for the night (business and such) and to get computer fixed!

It is now! YEA! Going back in a hour.

Saw that it was your Birthday..but you had a Birthday Lunch today..so I'm not late! Right?

Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy being "39" again!

Archived