Where do we meet Randi?

mthayer295

Mazatlan has a little tram system to take you from the ship to the gate where Randi and everyone else is waiting. It is also where the shops are and gets crowded. She usually has a pink sign that says Randi's Happy Horses or something close. We found her right away and then she went to meet others for the tour and thought we had lost her. But eventually, she came back and we all got going for a great tour. So just look for her after you get off the tram right outside the gate.

The port in Mazatlan is mostly a shipping port, not a cruise port. The dock, when we were there, was covered in cars.....thousands of them....ready to be shipped out.

The entrance/exit to the port is quite a distance away. So there are trams, such as the type that take people to their cars in the parking lots of large amusement parks such as Sea World or Disneyland. The trams run pretty much non-stop back and forth from the ship and the pier.

Here's the link to our Mexican Riviera cruise last October on the Star Princess. There are some pictures of Mazatlan pier and also our ride with Randi.

http://community.webshots.com/album/131409738Wwzbio

hi, we just got off the carnival pride. you will meet randi right where you get off the little tram which takes you to the end of the pier. if your boat docks at 8:30 she'll meet you where you get off the tram, tony or someone will have a sign that says randi's happy horses. you will absolutely love it! we had the best day with her. she is such a sweetheart and the horses are just the best. i'll post some pics and a complete review of the cruise later this week. one more thing, it can be really cool the first and last days at sea, so bring some long sleeved tops!

bpolan

The port in Mazatlan is mostly a shipping port, not a cruise port. The dock, when we were there, was covered in cars.....thousands of them....ready to be shipped out.

The entrance/exit to the port is quite a distance away. So there are trams, such as the type that take people to their cars in the parking lots of large amusement parks such as Sea World or Disneyland. The trams run pretty much non-stop back and forth from the ship and the pier.

Here's the link to our Mexican Riviera cruise last October on the Star Princess. There are some pictures of Mazatlan pier and also our ride with Randi.

http://community.webshots.com/album/131409738Wwzbio

M-

After looking at your pictures it really brought back the memories for us because we sailed on the Star Princess to Alaska in July 2003. It was an Awesome ship, and the crew was great.:D

• 2 weeks later...

I booked it about 5 months out. I'd say book as soon as you can since she does fill up for some weeks. No deposit is requrired. You just pay her cash after lunch at Victors.

This was the first excursion I ever did without booking it on the ship but given all of the positive feedback from those on Cruise Critic, I wasn't worried. Randi is wonderful.

Elise

How far in advance do you recommend booking with Randi, do you have to give your credit card via email or can you just pay cash at the time of excursion. I have always done excursions through ship so am kinda nervous. :o

You have NOTHING to worry about with booking with Randi. We rode with her in June and it was the highlight of our cruise. She has become a great friend. We will be heading back to the same ports in March 2006 and told Randi to save us some spots. LOL Even though there is so much to see in each port, DH even agreed that this one is a MUST to repeat, especially since we will be taking DD this time.

Out of the three ports, 2 excursions were booked independently based on recommendations here and those were our favorites. Book with Randi as soon as you can, and you won't regret it.

I made reservations with Randi's Happy Horses back in April 04 and here we are only 3-4 weeks till we sail and I have yet to hear back with a confirmation # !!! I called and left a message....I have emailed again today.

What the heck do we do???? My kids are going to be sooooo dissappointed if we don't get to do this excursion.

Thanks

I don't think she actually gives out a confirmation number. i booked with her in March and we rode in July. A few weeks prior to our cruise I emailed her to confirm our reservation and she emailed back either that day or the next day and said all was set. How long has it been since you emailed her? If it has just been a day or two you should be fine.

I made reservations with Randi's Happy Horses back in April 04 and here we are only 3-4 weeks till we sail and I have yet to hear back with a confirmation # !!! I called and left a message....I have emailed again today.

If she responded to you back in April when you made the original reservation, then she would have simply put you down in her DayTimer. There is no confirmation number. If you just emailed her again today, she will most likely respond soon. She may not be back from today's ride. I find that she reponds to my emails in the afternoon, so don't worry. Double check to see if you emailed her randi@mazinfo.com

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for posting such great info about Randi's. Desertbelle, those are some really nice pics!

We booked with Randi yesterday and got a really nice email from her. We look forward to our ride in November.

Destertbelle, where did you snorkel in Cabo? We've been there many times and have never seen a fish!!! Seems like where they take us is a dud. We're doing Randi's again, but would really like to know where you saw all those fish!! Thanks!!

We took the excursion called the "Sail and Snorkel" We didn't actually sail, though we were on a sail boat, but the wind was too light. We motored over to an area about 1 hour away, I am sorry but I forget what it was called. We snorkeled for about 40 minutes and then motored back. On the way back they took us around Land's End to see the big waves and the seals. It was a very nice trip.

One of the reasons we had so many fish there was that someone had told me that if you take moist cat food/snacks in a pouch (I used the soft Friskies treats that my cats love :)) and release some around you and thousands of fish come right at you. It was so much fun. I can't imagine that cat food would be any worse for the fish than the fruit I have seen some tour guides use to lure fish.

I took a couple of packages of the treats and handed them out to all the folks on our boat...everyone had fun feeding the fish up close and personal!!

Thanks!! Are you going to do that again in Sep? If you do, could you find out the name of the place and maybe we can book it independently to save some bucks. We're going 10/10--

Archived