Summary of winning bids on Priceline

dmk

Priceline isn't biting at anything I've tried so far (for about a week now) for June 15th-16th.

I've gone up to $110 for a three star in Vancouver--tried free bids on the four star, nada.

We're thinking about ditching the whole thing and going with a B&B.

I wouldn't give up this early. I got Pacific Palisades which is a 4* in Vancouver for $135 per night for August 21 and 22nd. It is in a great location on Robson St. Somebody else I read on these boards got same hotel for $125 per night for May or June, I can't remember. I would go ahead and book a backup hotel just in case it doesn't work out for you that you can cancel and just keep trying because you may be able to get a great deal. I now need to book two nights in Seattle and I figure I will just keep bidding low and maybe I will get lucky on a 4* what have I got to lose. I have six whole months to bid. Good Luck in your bidding!:)

• 3 weeks later...

We're sailing out of San Diego last week of March (Sea of Cortez). I got the Marriott Courtyard (which P'line considers a 3*) for $90. Looking at various bids at biddingfortravel.com, it seems right in the ballpark. My first bid was $85 and P'line countered, asking for $22 more. Uh-uh. Quit and went back two days later with the $90 bid. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of 2.5* in the downtown area, so I'm glad this worked out.

What day of the week are you staying at the Sheraton. I have been trying for 3 weeks to get a 4 star in Seattle on priceline for around $120 and I have noticed that on Hotwire it is cheaper to stay Thursday and Friday night instead of Tuesday and Wednesday night. Of course, I need Tuesday and Wedneday in August since we are spending Thursday and Friday night in Vancouver before the cruise. I wonder why these week days are more expensive. Could it be because of the business people staying there during the work week?

My bid for this location was accepted by Priceline for $65.00 + $16.98 (taxes) = $81.98.

Definitely HAPPY:D

It seems like $65.00 is the "magic" price. One less thing to take care of!

Priceline

Seattle -- Sheraton Bellevue (3*)

July 24th (three nights) precruise

Bid: $45 + $9.42 tax = $54.42 per night

Total for three nights = $163.26

We have a rental car, so Bellevue is fine precruise. Post cruise I'm bidding for Seattle downtown, but no luck so far.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Priceline

Seattle Downtown Pikes Place -- Sheraton Seattle (4*)

Aug 3 -- one night postcruise

Bid: $129 + $27.31 tax = $156.31

Started bidding again this morning, as you can really pile on the free-bids because most Seattle zones don't have 4 star hotels.

http://p198.ezboard.com/SEATTLE-HOTEL-LIST/fpricelineandexpediabiddingseattle.showMessage?topicID=297.topic

I started at $92 and bid up to $129 with six re-bids using other zones with no 4 star hotels. (i.e. -- Seattle Downtown + SEA airport...,)

Not bad for this time of the year. Good luck with your bidding!

Kel

I bid $128 for a 4 star in Seattle Downtown and still didn't get anything. This is for August 21 and 22nd which is a Tuesday and Wed night. Anybody know if there is a convention going on that week. I have been trying for weeks.

I bid $128 for a 4 star in Seattle Downtown and still didn't get anything. This is for August 21 and 22nd which is a Tuesday and Wed night. Anybody know if there is a convention going on that week. I have been trying for weeks.

Bid $129 -- I just got the Sheraton Seattle Downtown for that price. You might go over to Hotwire, as they show a downtown 4 star hotel for $119 for your dates:

http://www.hotwire.com/hotel/results.jsp?searchTokenId=4376865835

Good luck,

Kel

Bid $129 -- I just got the Sheraton Seattle Downtown for that price. You might go over to Hotwire, as they show a downtown 4 star hotel for $119 for your dates:

http://www.hotwire.com/hotel/results.jsp?searchTokenId=4376865835

Good luck,

Kel

What was the date that you got the $129 price for? I have been watchng the hotwire website and most of the time it is going for around $149 per night for my dates Aug 21st and 22nd for a 4 star downtown Seattle. It was $152 when I checked a few minutes ago. Of course I missed the $119 price, I am always a day late and a dollar short. It seems like it is cheaper on the weekends than during the week. Thank you for posting your bid. :) I will keep trying. The Sheraton is the one I really want.

What was the date that you got the $129 price for? I have been watchng the hotwire website and most of the time it is going for around $149 per night for my dates Aug 21st and 22nd for a 4 star downtown Seattle. It was $152 when I checked a few minutes ago. Of course I missed the $119 price, I am always a day late and a dollar short. It seems like it is cheaper on the weekends than during the week. Thank you for posting your bid. :) I will keep trying. The Sheraton is the one I really want.

Wow smitty3000,

I just looked up Hotwire again, and it shows a four star downtown Pikesplace for $119 for Aug 21st, one night. It's the first listing. I've booked through Hotwire several times, do you think they give me a different price??

I got my priceline win on March 6th -- bidding for a room Aug 4th, one night post-cruise @ $129.

Good luck,

Kel

Try to use another computer (if you have) to search once more time. It was strange that when I used my computer to do the search, the hotwire quoted $119/night for the 4 stars hotel in May, and then I used my sister's one to search, it quoted $109/night, and so book the room immediately via her computer.

I got the: Seattle Sheraton

price: $110

rating: 4 stars

date: May 2, 2008

Tried $99 a week or so before and got nothing. Then tried again with the $110 bid and got one right away. Lost my head, should have tried $99 again. Oh well, I think it is still a good price and nicely located.

Here are some other deals I have gotten on Priceline in the past:

New Orleans Marriott $75 (2004) 4 star 3 nights

New Orleans Intercontinential Hotel $75 (2005, 2007) 4 star 3 nights

Key West Hyatt Marina Hotel $110 (2005) 4 star 5 nights

Key West Casa Maina Hotel $110 (2006) 4 star 4 nights

Las Vegas Venetian Hotel $189 (2005) 4 stars 4 nights

Alberquerque Hyatt Resort $125 (2006) 5 star(resort) 5 nights

Key West Sheraton $99 (2004) 3 star 5 nights

I'm usually really lucky with Priceline...and LOVE using it...

However...be careful....do your homework. I just booked a room in San Diego, and after Priceline told me that a 2 star hotel goes for 289+ (I know it's a busy weekend in town) a night...so, after several tries....I bid $100 first trying several attempts starting at $50 (hey, a girls gotta try!), and I got booked into the Best Western at the Yacht Club. Okay...sounds good....then I look it up and I could have gotten it for $89.00 by booking through Best Western. I immediately called priceline, and they gave it to me for $80, and made the credit right away. So good for Priceline....but if I hadn't caught it...I would have ended up paying more :eek:

Priceline isn't biting at anything I've tried so far (for about a week now) for June 15th-16th.

I've gone up to $110 for a three star in Vancouver--tried free bids on the four star, nada.

We're thinking about ditching the whole thing and going with a B&B.

Don't give up! Wait a few weeks and try again...you have plenty of time.:D