Summary of winning bids on Priceline

dmk

Would anyone know if I can specify that I need two beds in one room, and 1 king in another, if I'm bidding on 2 rooms?

We are leaving on a cruise from San Pedro on December 30/07, and I'm quite fascinated by this hotel bidding. I tried last night and my bid was rejected. I was kind of relieved because I wondered if I would just be assigned two rooms with one bed in each.

My DH and I are travelling with 2 children (hence the room with 2 beds), and another couple is travelling with us (they just need 1 bed).

I'm hoping to get the Crowne or Doubletree, but I fear all 4 of us having to share a bed:eek:.

I have had good luck with winning a bid and then calling the hotel to put in my request. Some will state that they cant guarrentee, but I have never had a problem getting what I want. Good luck.

Bid $50.00 for Long beach San Pedro 3 Star for Sunday May 11th no go.

Went out and started a new bid under my husband's name

bid $65.00 San Pedro 3 star accepted right away. Got Crown Plaza San Pedro. You're right $65.00 must be the lucky number. Does this hotel have shuttle from the airport to the hotel? The pier is only about 4 blocks from the Hotel. Debbie

3* Downtown Seattle

5/31 - 6/3 3 nights

$86

Won the Red Lion Hotel on Fifth Ave

($206 a night on their website with AAA discount)

Tried 4* from 90 - 95 for a week - nothing

Tried 3* from 80 - 85 for a week - nothing

What a difference a dollar makes!

I just got the downtown Renaissance Hotel, a 3 star hotel for 98.00 (including taxes), on Priceline, for one night, May 24th, at the end of our Alaska cruise. I'm hoping it's a nice place, their website says their room rates are about 230.00/night.:)

I just won the Seattle Downtown Sheraton at $129 per night for August 21 and 22nd on Priceline.:) Quite pleased with this since Tuesday and Wedneday nights seem more expensive than Friday and Saturday. Wonder if it is because of the business travellers.

Try to use another computer (if you have) to search once more time. It was strange that when I used my computer to do the search, the hotwire quoted $119/night for the 4 stars hotel in May, and then I used my sister's one to search, it quoted $109/night, and so book the room immediately via her computer.

I hope this doesn't sound silly but I wonder if it matters where you are located when you look at hotwire. I have been watching Seattle Downtown 4* for weeks and never seen it less than $146 per night for August 21 and 22nd. I know the cruise lines have regional discounts so maybe this is why. Hope my response doesn't sound to silly, I guess with computers anything is possible.:)

Priceline~4 stars Downtown Seattle

Bid 100.00~accepted on 3/22

Sheraton Downtown for Oct 11th, 2008.

Total is 122.63. I am happy!

I have been to that hotel to pick up the sightseeting

bus:)..stops right in front!

Priceline~4 stars Downtown Seattle

Bid 100.00~accepted on 3/22

Sheraton Downtown for Oct 11th, 2008.

Total is 122.63. I am happy!

I have been to that hotel to pick up the sightseeting

bus:)..stops right in front!

That's where we are staying on May 2nd. precruise....$110 on Priceline! :D

That's where we are staying on May 2nd. precruise....$110 on Priceline! :D

Hi Suzy, have a wonderful time:)

Seattle is a fabulous city. If it wasn't for cruising I know

I would not have visited there twice in the past 2 years

and now a 3rd time too:D

Just got the Red Lion Hotel on Fifth Avenue Seattle for Saturday May 10, 2008, one night pre-cruise for a $74 bid.

Started with Downtown Seattle, 3 and 4 star, bid $54, rejected.

Added Lynwood, $64, rejected

Added Bothel, $74, accepted.

$28.50 in fees and taxes all in, $92.50.

Lowest rate at Red Lion site, $209 plus taxes.

Lowest rate at hotels.com, $194.50 plus taxes.

When you book thru priceline or others....

can you still put your membership # for the hotel and get points?

Definitely NOT for Marriott or Embassy Suites. I've tried a couple of times & no go. I suspect not for others.

Don't know about air.

In fact, when you book thru Priceline if it's Marriott you lose the preferences in your Marriott account "profile". You can call the hotel directly after booking and request a type of room or bed BUT because it was Pricline they will be less receptive and won't guarantee.

I've never bid on Priceline before. This really intrests me. We'll be cruising out of Long Beach in Jan 09. How far in advance or how close to the departing date should I start bidding?

Start bidding! Sometimes if it's too far out you can't get what you want for the price you want. But keep trying....sometimes as it gets closer they will accept your bid. Give it a try...great deals are to be had! Good luck.