Summary of winning bids on Priceline

dmk

anyone have info for hotels there.? we have stayed at hyatt 66.so so

would like to be on 17th street near stores etc. I am flyin in 2 dys early and staying over one night after our two cruise

feb 24 to march 9 cruise

thanks for any info

carol

• 2 weeks later...
anyone have info for hotels there.? we have stayed at hyatt 66.so so

would like to be on 17th street near stores etc. I am flyin in 2 dys early and staying over one night after our two cruise

feb 24 to march 9 cruise

thanks for any info

carol

Hi Carol:) you might want to post this over on the FLorida Board:D as

this particular forum is for West Coast Departures;)

If you look at the top it has all WC cities....LA, San Diego, Seattle,

San Francisco, Vancouver.

We went through Priceline and got Springhill Suites on Yale Ave. for $79 per night excluding taxes. For our post night, tried a 3* and got Sheraton Seattle for $122 a night excluding taxes. Supposedly they upgraded us from a 3* to 4*. I don't think we did very well on this one because I've seen the Sheraton's rates as low as $189. Oh well!

Hotwire "win." Residence Inn by Marriott Vancouver

May 12 - May 14, 2008

Description: 3 - Star Hotel in Downtown Vancouver West

$139 night Amenities: Complementary breakfast, fitness, pool, restaurant, High speed Internet, Kitchen

With Tax & Service charges the total for 2 nights= $330.85

The going rate on the Marriott website: Senior/AAA rate is $237 night plus taxes.

If you use the Hotwire Entertainment link to book on Hotwire:

http://www.hotwire.com/epiRebate2008.jsp

you can later mail in the coupon, and end up with a $10 rebate (for booking a hotel) or $50 rebate (for a package).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1st time bidder on Priceline...first bid of $65 for Crowne Plaza, San Pedro for Feb 2008. Won it on first attempt.

Called hotel and confirmed a King/non-smoking room.

I'm pleased. It was painless.

• 2 weeks later...

I had been looking at the Tuscan Inn at Fisherman's Wharf in SF for our Alaska cruise next May. When I was first looking (last May) it was about $100 a night but now it's closer to $200 (!).

So, I thought I would try Priceline. Have been bidding on a 3* for a few days now, starting at $50 and going up $5 a day.

Today- success! The Tuscan Inn (3*) for $75 per night, with tax and fees $180.41. I am VERY happy!

Bid on priceline for a postcruise hotel Saturday August 2 to Tuesday August 5. Received the same hotel as precruise, Hotel Vintage Park. The bid was $75 per night. For the 3 nights the total came to $267.70 including the $42.70 in taxes and service fees. At this rate I would have been happy to get a 2.5* hotel. Ken...

Got Springhill Suites for our pre-cruise night on September 4th. Bid $69 and it was accepted! :D Since these suites go for $189 and up, we feel we got a very good deal.

Am very happy since we have friends that are staying at the same place pre-cruise. They have it listed as 2.5 stars, but it certainly looks better than that!

Won the Best Western Tuscan Inn on Fisherman's Wharf today thru Priceline. Needed three rooms for June 15, 2008, pre Dawn Princess cruise. First bid of $60 was rejected. Added a rebid zone, upped the bid to $65, and won at that price. The AAA rate was $215.10 for that night. This rate is about 70% off the AAA price. Incidentally, the Hotwire price for that night was $105.

Just got Seattle Springhill Suites for post cruise 7/19-21 for $70/night. Took my first bid. Wish I'd tried lower. Oh well. Was trying for 4* but they didn't like my bids that I've been bidding for the last week.

Don't feel bad, I won it at $69 after starting at $65. Thats a great price for the summer season :)