Confused about RCI's web site pricing.

FrogCruiser

OK, granted, I'm not the brightest bulb in the closet.... BUT this makes no sense to me.... looked at a 11 day transatlantic cruise for November...

they have a guarantee balcony room for 799.00 - but when you put it in with airfare suddenly the guarantee room isn't available anymore. Then they ask if anyone is over 55 and when you put it your state it gives you a residency rate and a standard rate -- BUT the residency rate is about 100 dollars more... guess they figure Texans can afford to pay the extra and are gullable enough to do so.. some deal!

Well then try even an online agency that advertises here..the click through will help C Critic...

That way comparisons will be a benefit for you.

And Texans are some of he most astute people in our country .!

The Rangers still have the only outsider and he is from NJ here..

:cool:

OK, granted, I'm not the brightest bulb in the closet.... BUT this makes no sense to me.... looked at a 11 day transatlantic cruise for November...

they have a guarantee balcony room for 799.00 - but when you put it in with airfare suddenly the guarantee room isn't available anymore.

Yes, I noticed this too. On a transatlantic I prefer to book the stateroom of my choice since I would hate to get stuck in an obstructed view veranda with all those sea days. Not worth the risk. I prefer to book my cruises on the RCCL web site since I can then manage my cruises on line without having to constantly call to speak to an agent.

Not every category price code is combinable with cruise line air--

Also sometimes Royal offers special air rates when booking certain stateroom categories. We booked an E-1 for our upcoming November transatlantic due to a $399 pp round trip air promotion. Had we upgraded to a D-1 category stateroom our combined air fare would have increased by $800.

Archived