Ft Lauderdale Hotel

PACrew

Im sure this has been posted before so I apologize immediately for the duplicate.

What hotels in Ft lauderdale have transportation from the airport to the hotel and Hotel to the cruise port?

We are cruising Millenium in March.

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

We've become big Priceline fans for pre-cruise stay. We usually save at least 50 percent on hotel cost...and once we got the hang of Priceline, we can really limit our search so we know which hotel we're getting.

We learned from a great free website called biddingfortravel.com. You can look up what others have paid per city. It also explains how to get around Priceline's rigid bidding system. And, since you're so far out, you could bid dozens of times until you get what you want.

For example: We really like the Hyatt Pier 66. We had a room problem once, but it was corrected. And we really go for the lush surroundings, pool...proximity to ship. We used to go for the revolving lounge, but that's closed. Anyway, we still like to stroll next to the yachts and we know when we bid on a 4-star in the beach zone of FLL, we're going to get the Hyatt because it's the only 4-star (although I hear it's a resort now) in that FLL zone.

I know it's a bit intimidating at first....but once you start savin hundreds (literally), you know it's worth learning the system...

Im sure this has been posted before so I apologize immediately for the duplicate.

What hotels in Ft lauderdale have transportation from the airport to the hotel and Hotel to the cruise port?

We are cruising Millenium in March.

Thanks for your help!

The Hampton Inn on 12th st (ave) has what you are looking for. It worked well for us.

Hi, a new forum for EAST COAST Depatures has tons

of threads about Ft. Lauderdale on it.

But FYI...17th Street has The Renassiance, Hyatt,

Embassy Suites, FL Grande (formally the Marriott Marina),

and Amerisuites are all located within a 5 minute cab

ride to the pier.

Hi! We are doing the same research on FLL hotels right now. I posted a question last week and got some good info. If you look at my posts you should be able to find the thread. So far it seems like AmeriSuites and Embassy Suites have shuttles (Embassy has a package that's a few dollars more to include the shuttle for 2). Good luck!

Of course as some have said, the taxi is so cheap, but all the cost to the hotel from the airport and the hotel to the pier plus the high cost of hotels in Ft Lauderdale to this and you have added quite a few bucks. I would suggest, like others have said you go to the East coast board. We happen to love Hampton Inns for a 1 night stay and found the Hampton Inn in Plantation for $116 (AAA or senior rate) it includes the transfers both ways and has a shuttle to take you to restaurants in the vacinity. What more could you ask for? BTW it goods great reviews. NMNita

Of course as some have said, the taxi is so cheap, but all the cost to the hotel from the airport and the hotel to the pier plus the high cost of hotels in Ft Lauderdale to this and you have added quite a few bucks. I would suggest, like others have said you go to the East coast board. We happen to love Hampton Inns for a 1 night stay and found the Hampton Inn in Plantation for $116 (AAA or senior rate) it includes the transfers both ways and has a shuttle to take you to restaurants in the vacinity. What more could you ask for? BTW it goods great reviews. NMNita

Great rate for a nice hotel, but Plantation is a good distance from the port. Personally, I prefer to stay downtown on Las Olas Blvd. with 17th Street as a second choice. I can run out to the beach in the early morning and walk to a good number of good cafes and restaurants for drinks and dinner.

I am a fan of urban vs suburban and prefer to spend a bit more to be located in a area that I enjoy than to have to compromise by staying in an area that does not offer lots of options. We generally fly in the day before and enjoy the area. FLL especially has lots to offer.

IMO, there are good values to be had if one is willing to put forth the time and effort it takes to research them. And, it is also dependent on what one's priorities are for a hotel and locale.

Just stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in FLL last week, and their shuttles were very prompt...both picking up from the airport and taking us to the pier the next morning. They asked us exactly what time we wanted to go to the pier the next day (we said 11:00 am), and they called our room at 10:45 to say the driver would be waiting for us downstairs! The hotel is also right across the street from a shopping center that has Barnes & Noble, Dave & Buster's and several other restaurants. Very convenient and reasonably priced.

Just stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in FLL last week, and their shuttles were very prompt...both picking up from the airport and taking us to the pier the next morning. They asked us exactly what time we wanted to go to the pier the next day (we said 11:00 am), and they called our room at 10:45 to say the driver would be waiting for us downstairs! The hotel is also right across the street from a shopping center that has Barnes & Noble, Dave & Buster's and several other restaurants. Very convenient and reasonably priced.

I think we overlooked them when we were checking for rates etc. That is why we choose the Hampton Inn, Plantation. Yes, it is not near the pier, but for one night we aren't there to sight see etc. We just want to unwind before we sail. I wish we had thought of the Hilton Garden Inn, we love them. It is really too late now cause we have all made reservation and it is a bother to change everything around. Thanks for the information. Hope others see your advise before they book. NMNita

Archived