Questions about alcohol onboard (merged)

If you want to order wine or liquor from a private company other than through the cruise ship...try: JUST BECAUSE OF YOU...Bon Voyage Gifts.

PO Box 770473, Coral Springs, Fl 33077-0473

1991 NW 55th Avenue, Margate, Fl 33063

954-582-0811 voice / 954-582-0523 fax

800-882-9707 voice/ 800-424-9706 fax

http://justbecause.addictscay.com/

They will deliver all type of personally made gift baskets for you. With or without food or wine/liquor. Or just with wine or liquor only.

:) Happy Cruising!:) __________________

Alcoholic beverages are not permitted to be brought on board. Wine and champagne are alcoholic beverages so I would expect those to not be allowed as well.

I think one of the big reasons for this change is the problems that have occurred by people bringing their own liquor onboard (i.e. George Smith). If you are forced to buy all liquor from the cruiseline they can have some control over how much/what people are drinking.

You would hope so. I've seen people sit at the bar ALL cruise long. I bet they drink more that cost of the cruise.................

Back from the Mariner yesterday. Due to new rules about not allowing wine to be carried on, we were forced to "smuggle" as we are very picky about the wines we consume and did not see anything comparable on the wine list and wine & dine packages. We packed about 7 bottles in our checked luggage - they were sealed (seal a meal) and bubble wrapped. We only ate at Chops and Portafino's and carried our wine in and was charged a $12 corkage fee per bottle. We were even complimented by the wait staff and the Sommelier on our wine selections. We also brought on some mini bottles for drinks on our balcony again packed in our checked luggage. We did carry on some bottle water, ginger ale and juices without so much as a look. Don't' worry our Sea Pass card was still over $1000.00, so we still did our part to contribute ;)

I know they had bud and bud light only in the aluminum bottles and Coors Light and Miller Light in cans and Corona in bottles. I'm sure they had other beers also, but this is what our group was drinking. Hope this helps.

Bud products, Miller products, Corona, Amstel, Michelob (all the "standards") then they have the nasty dark beers (sorry, dark beer lovers!!!) Guiness, St. Pauly Girl, etc..

You are sure to find something you can drink! (Note: lots of the domestics are in cans!)

Bud products, Miller products, Corona, Amstel, Michelob (all the "standards") then they have the nasty dark beers (sorry, dark beer lovers!!!) Guiness, St. Pauly Girl, etc..

You are sure to find something you can drink! (Note: lots of the domestics are in cans!)

Mmmmmm Guiness! :)... :D... :cool:

I have to say, the pub is where hubby and I drank beer. We were on the Voyager and the promenade had a pub and diagnally across from it was the promenade cafe. Hubby would sit down and order the drinks and I walk walf over to the cafe and get a few sandwiches. It was heavan. I am not a beer drinker myself (not since my daughter was born anyway) but this beer was mmm mmm good. Course I think it was some kind of ale. Hubby had regular beer I think and we both bought in pints. Very economical. I highly suggest trying the pub atleast once on your cruise;) .

oops...walk over not "walf" over :p .

Thats after a few beers :p LOL We loved the pub on Voyager can't wait until December to go back and have a few more :p

Cali ;)

Voyager W. Caribbean 12/16/06 "Our First AFT 1688"

Voyager e. Caribbean 11/05

S.S. Azure Seas Baja 11/90

They'll have to come up to our cabin if they want to collect their "corkage" fee.:p

A couple we met on our Mariner cruise last month brought a couple of bottles of liquor in original packaging and when their steward came to clean the cabin on the first day he took it and told them they'd get it back on the last day, believe it or not!

A couple we met on our Mariner cruise last month brought a couple of bottles of liquor in original packaging and when their steward came to clean the cabin on the first day he took it and told them they'd get it back on the last day, believe it or not!

Now THAT is a shocker! :eek:

That's the first thought I had, too!

:D :D :D

Seriously though, this whole thing has my panties in a wad. I was so for not smuggling, paying your way, and doing things by the rules. As someone esle said here, I'm a rules type of person.

Then I learned that you can NO LONGER "Purchase", a bottle of booze for your room! Ok then I rethink, "If I put a bottle in my case will they find it?" And if they do will they put me off the ship? No to risky for me.

So, I'm left with the wine package of so-so wines. Ok whatever, at least I have the ability to sit on my balcony with a glass of wine. Nope! Now I learn that they have to keep the wine for you and allow you to have it at dinner. I'm 41 years old. Not that 41 year olds can't be stupid, but I'm not a high risk person, and I think I should be able to have a bottle in my room.

But, <sigh> I'm sure my opinion means squat!

I'm really looking forward to this cruise, (been sick all day at home just dreamin) but I will consider another lines later if they have different rules, such as Princess did in the future

I didn't think stewards were allowed to take pax'es "belongings." Wow, I would have thrown a FIT.

You may have been upset, Karen, but you still would have been in the wrong, according to RC's passenger contract.

They TELL you that you cannot bring your own alcohol on board.

Whether we like it or not (and it's quite clear that we don't!!! :eek: ), they DO tell you that it will be confiscated AND that you can be denied boarding if you bring alcohol in your bags!

I know most of the folks here consider Carnival as a step down :o (including my DH), but Carnival does permit pax to bring fine wine and champagne onboard at embarkation. I have also heard, but don't know if it is true, that you may also buy spirits in the ships shop (on Carnival) and pay the duty and take it back to your cabin. Seems resonable to me...

I am sure Carnival is not suffering from lack of folks buying drinks onboard. Just my .02

Archived