Drinking the Wine brought Onboard

hurstbear

:o I've been reading all the different posts on bringing wine on the ship. Here's my question, are you bringing your own wine glasses and if not , what are you drinking the wine from. hopefully not straight from the bottle taking swigs, egads!!!!

:o I've been reading all the different posts on bringing wine on the ship. Here's my question, are you bringing your own wine glasses and if not , what are you drinking the wine from. hopefully not straight from the bottle taking swigs, egads!!!!

ask your room steward....they will gladly bring you clean wine glasses each day.

You can also use the water glasses in your room.

I know Princess charges a corkage fee if you bring your own wine to a restaurant.

I've heard both $10 & $15 per bottle... which is it for the Coral?

Also... if we have the wine opened at the main dining room, will they bring our bottle to a different restaurant like Sabatini's if we dine there next?

Just off the Coral this week and we took a 2 CASES of wine on board with us as our carryon luggage with no problems. Actually the princess security agents said that they would remember our cabin number so that they knew where the booze was. We took our on corkscrew and were never charged the $10.00 corkage fee in any of the dining rooms. We told our waiter in Provence that we would take extra care of him and he agreed to waive the fee each night. We was also waived in Sabbatini's and Bayou.

Hey, what's wrong with drinking out of the bottle. In the old days we used to drink wine out of the bottle, from mason jars, from a wineskin while skiing and while riding up a chairlift, from paper cups, plastic cups and coffee mugs. Be creative.

We were in a mini-suite on the Coral last year and brought wine onboard in our luggage which we purchased prior to boarding. Placed all the bottles (9) on the countertop and asked our steward for wine glasses (I prefer to not drink wine out of water glasses nor boxes) and a corkscrew. Our steward was quick to bring the wine glasses however he informed us there were no corkscrews - only his - which appeared to be something of a 'tip me more' scenario. And so, every morning when we departed for breakfast/tours, etc., I left a note asking for clean wine glasses and to please open the bottle I had left sitting on the note and when we later returned to the cabin, there were the clean wine glasses and the opened bottle of wine, nicely corked. There was no need to purchase a corkscrew; our steward was more than willing to accommodate our request. If this is a 'provide your own tools in the cabin' rule from Princess, then it's a stupid rule.

We're booked on the Island Nov. 20 to Hawaii and am wondering how to get in touch with those 'threads' of folks also sailing at the same time. I'm so incredibly busy these days, I don't take the time to actually investigate how it's done. Help.

Watergal.

We're booked on the Island Nov. 20 to Hawaii and am wondering how to get in touch with those 'threads' of folks also sailing at the same time. I'm so incredibly busy these days, I don't take the time to actually investigate how it's done. Help.

Watergal.

looks like you figured that out a couple of days ago....so busy you forgot...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=370834&page=3

Off the Dawn yesterday also and was charged a $15 fee. We requested a wine opener from our steward but she said they didn't have any and to call room service and they would open the bottle. They came in minutes. We just saved glasses from the wine we got at the bar for sailaway.

Thanks for the info... Great Tips

I never asked the cabin steward for wine glasses. We always used the water glasses near the ice bucket. We also pack our own corkscrew ( wrapped securely not to damage anything).

Bringing your own corkscrew is more convenient. It's always there when you need it. Don't have to wait until the CS shows up....;)

Thanks for the info... Great Tips

I never asked the cabin steward for wine glasses. We always used the water glasses near the ice bucket. We also pack our own corkscrew ( wrapped securely not to damage anything).

Bringing your own corkscrew is more convenient. It's always there when you need it. Don't have to wait until the CS shows up....;)

You can always buy a corkscrew in the shops if you forget one or can't get one from the cabin steward.

We have a large collection of corkscrews from all over sitting in a drawer because we somehow forget to pack one.

Rob

DH and I always pack our Princess corkscrew. We ask our room steward for wine glasses first thing - "four for the duration of the cruise, and we'll rinse them out ourselves rather than expecting that they should to be replaced daily" - although we tend to believe that they are ;) .

We don't take our own wine to the dining room. We have, on many occasions, purchased a bottle of wine in a lounge before dinner (we don't drink other alcohol) and either carried it ourselves - appropriately collared and identified, of course - or had it sent to our dining venue. We have also saved part of a bottle to be finished at another meal :eek: .

Cheers!

Chris

wow - thankws to everyone for the info and tips - I'll be bringing my own corkscrew but will be asking the room steward for glasses - ans i will tip for that nicety :)

hope to see meet some of you that are going on the 12/09/2006 grand princess cruise

Hey, what's wrong with drinking out of the bottle. In the old days we used to drink wine out of the bottle, from mason jars, from a wineskin while skiing and while riding up a chairlift, from paper cups, plastic cups and coffee mugs. Be creative.

If you are going to drink it from the bottle, don't forget the paper bag. :D

Archived