You're Gonna LOVE the New NCL Look!!!

flyingpirate

Sorry... not a lover of the new commercial. This is a rehashed version of something that was done with another product quite some time ago. I watched it at work with a bunch of other people and I wasn't the only one trying to think of the other commercial. Still trying to remember what it is too (turned into quite a brain teaser at work)...was about 7-8 years ago (maybe a little longer than that but not by much) if I remember correctly, wasn't for the cruiseline industry but some other product (not a service). Anybody else remember anything?

Sorry... not a lover of the new commercial. This is a rehashed version of something that was done with another product quite some time ago. I watched it at work with a bunch of other people and I wasn't the only one trying to think of the other commercial. Still trying to remember what it is too (turned into quite a brain teaser at work)...was about 7-8 years ago (maybe a little longer than that but not by much) if I remember correctly, wasn't for the cruiseline industry but some other product (not a service). Anybody else remember anything?

You might be thinking of the original Apple Macintosh ad run during the Super Bowl 23 or so years ago. Showed a seemingly drugged, lemming-like populace (a la traditional cruise passengers) watching Big Brother on a large TV screen and then someone acting like a revolutionary (a la the NCL passenger) and smashing the screen by throwing an object at it.

Hotspur - what was that object? I seem to remember it being a large hammer, sort of like Thor's, does that seem right? Ooops, way off topic. I like the ad, but will probably never book a courtyard villa. However, you never know, my office mate had the Garden Villa on the Dawn this summer.

Bob

Hotspur - what was that object? I seem to remember it being a large hammer, sort of like Thor's, does that seem right? Ooops, way off topic. I like the ad, but will probably never book a courtyard villa. However, you never know, my office mate had the Garden Villa on the Dawn this summer.

Bob

I think you're right about the hammer. I haven't seen the NCL ad, as they haven't emailed me a link and password.

And, if I were you, I'd get really chummy with your office mate. ;-)

Sorry, that wasn't me. But I know where it is. Enjoy your Trans-Atlantic on the Jewel. Our December cruise is to make up for a Trans-Atlantic we were supposed to do last year, but was cancelled when one of group members got sick. He's fine now and has just recently returned from Bermuda on the Crown. We were unable to coordinate this year and I'm glad that I have met so many nice people on these boards. In fact we're having a pre-cruise gathering at my house next Sunday. I always enjoy it more when I know someone else who is going. Our Trans-Atlantic will have to wait, maybe next year. I'll check the boards to see how you like yours.

Bob

Our December cruise is to make up for a Trans-Atlantic we were supposed to do last year, but was cancelled when one of group members got sick.

Bob

Funny again. Our trans-Atlantic is to make up for a cruise we were supposed to do last October, but canceled. We have over 1000 postings in the roll call thread, which may be almost as good as the pre-cruise get-together you are hosting. Really looking forward to that one. Hope nothing interferes.

You might be thinking of the original Apple Macintosh ad run during the Super Bowl 23 or so years ago. Showed a seemingly drugged, lemming-like populace (a la traditional cruise passengers) watching Big Brother on a large TV screen and then someone acting like a revolutionary (a la the NCL passenger) and smashing the screen by throwing an object at it.

Nope....not that one. I work in IT and the Mac commercial is a piece of groundbreaking work that no one could forget (well at least I couldn't). Don't even like Mac's (no better than a pc IMO...just as many holes as a pc...but not as much market share hence why would a malware writer even bother with them - they don't get as much fame for cracking into 1,000 computers versus 100,000 - so the general public doesn't understand that) but I loved that commercial.

I tried the pin and it opened but all I could get was the audio, no video.
I just tried it again and it still worked for me. Which program did you select to open it Quicktime, Realplayer, or Windows Media? Try a different one.

Bob

OK I tried it again ... and no, I don't have a MAC. It worked this time, with quicktime. The other two choices didn't work for me, only audio, no video. Cute commercial though. I had to backtrack once to make sure that woman who swam by was wearing a bathing suit. She was, but it didn't look like it at first. :o

I am confused:confused: If you like traditional why are you going on the Sun?

Also confused about the waiting in line? If there is a "line" to get into a restaurant have them call ahead to another restaurant and see if there are any openings....or put in your reservation and go and have a drink.

It is what it is........a cattle call. What would you call 500 or so people waiting for the doors to open for dinner?

I do hope that you enjoy the Sun and learn to be more flexible. That is what Freestyle is about:)

You know nothing about me or how flexible I am. I have traveled all over the world, including several safaris in several African nations, as well as travels in other countries. If you look at my cruise experience you will see that I have been on a number of cruiselines. I do not need to learn to be more flexible.

As for the Dawn cruise, we did check on Aqua, Venetian, and the other dining room, and there were waits at all 3. In addition we ate at all the specialty dining rooms other than Cagneys [we do not eat beef] during the cruise.

First of all I am not up on all the internet jargon so bear with me if I get it wrong.

I went to ncl.com like usual to see if the new site is up. It is still the old site but I noticed in the address bar at the top it looks like I have been redirected to freestylecruising.com.

Are they getting a new web site name in addition to a new look or has it always been redirecting me all this time and i just never noticed?

Archived