Antigua Canopy tour

redkurly

How "in shape" should one be before zip-lining? Is it something that people, like take time to exercise to prepare for?

And also... are there bugs/wildlife around? How hot does it get in summer? I'm going to be going on this excursion on June 27..... I'm thinking pretty hot/humid, right?

The actual ziplining doesn't take much effort. It's almost like sitting in a swing. But there is walking and climbing stairs involved. The challenge course requires more strength and fitness. I think at the very least one should be able to walk and climb stairs without getting winded.

Thanks. That makes a lot of sense. One other thing... I tend to *embaressed giggle* scream a lot. The idea of swinging tarzan-style 100 some feet above the forest floor sounds fun... yet oddly terrifying.

For anyone who went... did people scream or anything? That sounds like a stupid question, but just wondering....

I know this tour is open to like... 10 year olds, but how many ten year olds *actually* go on this??? In my group, there are 2 adults (my parents), and then me (I'll be 18 by then) and my 22 year old sister. && I think *that's* on the young side!

I was the only screamer in our group. I screamed on the first run and again on the really long one. I found it to be terrifying, but oddly fun!

My daughter (14) was the youngest person in our group. The rest were in their 30's, 40's to mid 50's.

Have fun!

My husband and I (in our 50's) did the canopy/challenge course in April. The first couple of zip's jittery, but after that, you find yourself looking around, to take it all in.:) You do need a certain amount of stamia for the walking up and down on the steps and of couse some balance. As for the challenge part, you need everything you got! Upper body strength is a must and let's not forget about those 156 steps to get back to the top. That being said, you will have a GREAT time doing this. Make sure you wear closed toe shoes/sneakers and preferably not short/shorts (those harnesses hike up a bit:o )

Thanks so much! I'm sorta worried about the physical-ness of it all, but me and my sister are dancers, so we should probably be okay.

I'm more worried about falling to my death lol. Not to be blunt. :rolleyes:

Sigh. I bet it's amazing, though. So I'm gonna do it. I'll scream like heck, but it'll be an experience hahaha.

You won't be the only one screaming - a lot of people who were hoopin' & hollerin' when we did it (I was one of them). As young as you are, you should have absolutely no problem with any part of this. And trust me, once you see the harnesses and the way they hook you up, you won't be afraid of falling. Because the platforms are set in the canopy, most of the time, you can't even tell how high up you are. So go & have fun.

I will say I think the funnniest part of this whole thing was while we were waiting to go on the third line (this one was close to the road) a van full of sightseers (probably from one of the two NCL docked) drove by and they stopped so that the people could get pictures of us. Tourists taking pictures of Tourists:D

I will say I think the funnniest part of this whole thing was while we were waiting to go on the third line (this one was close to the road) a van full of sightseers (probably from one of the two NCL docked) drove by and they stopped so that the people could get pictures of us. Tourists taking pictures of Tourists:D

I guess you were the wildlife!

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, so my dh and I are on the 7/15 cruise on Adventure of the Seas. We are looking at doing this zipline tour either thru RCCL or just contacting ARFC. Any advice from anyone who has taken the Ultimate Adventure in Antigua.

Any advice would be more than welcome. :)

I will be on Carnival Destiny on 7/05/07 and want to do do this. There will be 4 of us and want to know if we should book thru Carvival or take a taxi over. Has anyone gone that route? Will we beat the cruise rush and have time to do sight seeing as well?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from the May 26th sailing of Carnival Liberty. We had booked the canopy tour about 2 months ago. The night before we arrived in Antigua we got a notice telling us the tour had been cancelled for technical reasons. That was all they said. I don't know if this is a long term problem or not.

Robert

I just emailed the company to find out if the rumor about the tour not running during the months of June and July is true. The director of the company wrote back and said there is no truth to it. The tour will be running. We will be there with Royal Caribbean's Adventure of the Seas on July 19! Cant wait!

Hey guys! Over on the roll call board they've been saying that Carnival isn't booking this tour for June and July... but I know for a fact that we booked the Canopy tour through Carnival already for the June 23, 2007 cruise on the Carnival Liberty....

They keep saying that this tour is down, but we paid and stuff, so is everything alright with the tour??? I don't want to get on the boat and then have to pick a new excursion because there probably won't be any good ones left! Thanks so much!

:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

IT'S BACK!!!!! My bff and i went crazy a couple of weeks ago when we notice the excursion was gone. it was the only excursion we were planning on doing. we are on the carnival liberty in september. but to our pleasant surprise we checked 2 days ago and it was back. we paid for it right then and there before it disappears again. i just checked before posting this and it was still there.

IT'S BACK!!!!! My bff and i went crazy a couple of weeks ago when we notice the excursion was gone. it was the only excursion we were planning on doing. we are on the carnival liberty in september. but to our pleasant surprise we checked 2 days ago and it was back. we paid for it right then and there before it disappears again. i just checked before posting this and it was still there.

Thanks!

Archived