Knock, Knock, may we come in????

TEXASMUNK

Althought we have been cruising since the mid 70's, we just booked out first Celebrity Cruise (previous Chandris cruises don't count). We would welcome any info insight or opinions on the Galaxy. We are on a New Year's Eve cruise out of Galveston.

Am I supposed to reply "Who'se there?" or "In who?"
Seriously, welcome to the Celebrity board. We are relatively new cruisers, just two, both on "X."
You might not get many responses since you have picked a brand new cruise for Celebrity and a brand new departure port. I think the Galveston cruises for "X" start this fall. Try signing up for the Cruise Critic rollcall for your cruise and you should be able to find some fellow passengers on your cruise.
Welcome Aboard,
Les

We had cruised on the Galaxy twice within 3 months. We loved the ship. The first cruise left alot to be desired for various reasons regarding service. It was the first cruise out of Charleston and I'm not sure if that had anything to do with the problems. The second cruise was perfect. Have a wonderful cruise. :)

Jim

Sailed her last November and thought she was a lovely ship. We are going on her again in November on the 2nd cruise out of Galveston.
She has some very interesting art work (some may say strange) and a nice decor with light wood tones. Although she is now eight years old, she was kept spotlessly clean although there were some signs of wear around, but not very noticeable to us.

Our favourite general parts of the ship were the outside cafe area aft and the Sky Deck forward. Rendez-Vous Square is a good place to meet up for a drink before going to dinner and we enjoyed the Savoy Nightclub which was open late. We enjoyed our balcony too!

Service on both our Mercury and Galaxy cruises has been fantastic and the crew and staff always greet you whenever they see you. They work extremely hard.

Have a wonderful cruise. The intinerary looks great and we can't wait:)

Phil

Jim,

Welcome aboard. My wife and I will be joining you and we do have a roll call going. This will be my 3rd Galaxy cruise and we are looking at a 4th next year. Great ship with great staff. If you have any question. Please ask.

[url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=38347[/url]

[quote name='chessbriar']Danno,

Quick question, How did you shrink your signature? I feel mine takes to much space.[/QUOTE]
I am not Danno but...

Go to your profile hilight your signature and change font and size.

No, go away!

Seriously, welcome to Celebrity, hope you have a great cruise. The culture change should be managable, so long as you can live without the dinner chimes :eek: - I'd rate the two lines as fairly similar overall, though a person may prefer one or the other.

The Galaxy is quite a modern ship in decor, the art was, I believe, largely selected by Christina Chandris. Galaxy is my wife's overall fave. (I'm a Century fan, myself)

Galveston is an ok sailout port, we've done some mini-cruises out of there, when we lived in Houston. Fly in logistics aren't stellar, but they're managable. Lots to see & do in the area.

Stephen..we have gone out of Galveton several times......I see you are in a suburb of Ft Worth.....Houston!

Only logistics problem is navigating that construction on I-45 near Corsicana...we head towards Waco on I-35W and cut through College Station and then over towards Houston.

I make sales calls in Houston at least once a month..will time one of my trips to run down to Galveston, take a few photos of the Galaxy...a teaser for my wife before the cruise!

Archived