What Will Be the Name of the New Princess Ship due in 2008

JLC@SD

[quote name='Lightsluvr']How about the "Fairy Princess" ????

:rolleyes:

LL[/quote]

Why not a Fairy Princess? I remember The Fairie Princess from an English lit class I once took. Carnival has a ship called Pride.:rolleyes:

They're going to run out of desirable gemstones. There are still a few possible celestial names left, like Moon and Stellar. If they go to precious metals, they'll have to have an Elite after the Platinum one.

Actually, I once saw something in Fort Lauderdale harbour called the Bulk Princess!:D

Guest LetMeGo
[quote name='w0kie']I didn't think the Sea Princess MUTS was ugly but I bet it sure catches wind and makes the ship more top heavy.[/quote]
It sure doen't look pretty, but don't think that a further 2% (give or take 1%) drag from the wind is going to make any difference when cruise ships aren't aerodynamic to begin with. :D

As for the top heaviness... There seems to be some odd opinions about that in general.
In this case the whole screen setup would have to be made of solid aluminium (and weigh about 100 tonnes) in order to signiificantly alter the centre of gravity and make the ship top heavy, when in reality screens of this size (e.g. Jumbotrons) only weigh as little as 5 tonnes.

Sorry for the interruption. I'll let you all get on with the speculation. ;)

I've got two I'd like to see.

Luna Princess...has a nice ring and could have a nice sea and sky theme. Too bad it wouldn't be long before it would be known as Looney Princess. :)

I'd love to see Wilderness Princess with a north woods/Alaska theme. I think that one would have to be smaller ship, though.

I know some people search cruise critic for ideas and their cruisers options. So let them know:

1. LOVE PRINCESS sounds good?
2. PRINCESS DEW
3. RAINBOW PRINCESS
4. PRINCESS SWAN
5. ART PRINCESS
6.GOLDINDIGO PRINCESS:):)
7. ALABASTER PRINCESS
8.SUNFLOWER PRINCESS
9. FAIRYLAND PRINCESS :p

... Do you need more names??

[quote name='princess fan']

Actually, I once saw something in Fort Lauderdale harbour called the Bulk Princess!:D[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]That was probably in deference to the disembarking passengers. :)[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Arlene[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Tero']It sure doen't look pretty, but don't think that a further 2% (give or take 1%) drag from the wind is going to make any difference when cruise ships aren't aerodynamic to begin with. :D
[/QUOTE]

Will the ship go faster if everyone flushes at the same time?

Guest LetMeGo
[quote name='derf5585']Will the ship go faster if everyone flushes at the same time?[/quote]

No they won't, as there's nothing exits the ship through the sewage system...
But you might get a bit more speed if all the people in the aft facing cabins were passing their gas out the door simultaneously. ;)

[quote name='richardj']I think this ship will be destined for P & O and be called the Ventura, due for delivery in spring 2008. She is a sister to the Crown and Emerald (see the features section of these boards for details).

Richardj[/quote]

Correct... 4th sister to be named "Employee Princess"... she boasts the first ever all interior staterooms with upper and lower berths.

[quote name='richardj']I think this ship will be destined for P & O and be called the Ventura, due for delivery in spring 2008. She is a sister to the Crown and Emerald (see the features section of these boards for details).

Richardj[/quote]
I think they are different ships. According to:

[URL="http://www.cruisenewsdaily.com/newships.html"]http://www.cruisenewsdaily.com/newships.html[/URL]

[B]Estimated Inaugural:[/B] [COLOR=red][B]Spring, 2008[/B][/COLOR]
[B]Cruise Line:[/B] P&O [B]Ship Name: [/B]Ventura
[B]Size: GRT:[/B] 116,000[B] Capacity: [/B]3100 lower berths
[B]Builder:[/B] Fincantieri - Italy
This will be the largest ship ever purpose built for the British market on a design similar to Princess' Caribbean Princess-class

[B]Estimated Inaugural:[COLOR=red] Fall, 2008[/COLOR][/B]
[B]Cruise Line:[/B] Princess [B]Ship Name: [/B]unnamed
[B]Size: GRT:[/B] 116,000[B] Capacity: [/B]3,100
[B]Builder:[/B] Fincantieri - Monfalcone, Italy
This ship will be a duplicate of Crown and Emerald Princess. Princess says to expect it to have Movies Under the Stars

[quote name='Lise Dagenais']About the name of the futur ship of Princess I think that the Captain said it will be call the Venture ????
[/QUOTE]

Named after Jesse Venture

Jesse "The Body" Ventura (born July 15, 1951, as James George Janos) is an American politician, Navy UDT, professional wrestler, actor, and radio talk show host.
from
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Ventura[/url]

• 2 months later...
I hope those in charge of naming the Princess ships are reading this. Some of the suggestions sound cool!

[B][U]My Favorites:[/U][/B]
Pearl Princess
Silver Princess
Fairy Princess
Jewel Princess
Crystal Princess
Ocean Princess (I'd like to see this one re-used)

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]When we were on the Sun last week at the special Elite lunch, I heard that the ship for Fall 2008 was to be named Ruby Princess.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Arlene[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='arlenemilt'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]When we were on the Sun last week at the special Elite lunch, I heard that the ship for Fall 2008 was to be named Ruby Princess.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Arlene[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

Thank You...that's what I said about 300 posts ago on here!:rolleyes:

Tony
:cool: :eek: :cool:

[quote name='T&J']Thank You...that's what I said about 300 posts ago on here!:rolleyes:

Tony
[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Black]
Tony, your mind is a bit hazy.. Check out post #2 where you said that [B][SIZE=4]you[/SIZE][/B] will be called the Ruby Princess, not the ship...[/COLOR][/FONT] :D:D:D

[quote name='T&J']Thank You...that's what I said about 300 posts ago on here!:rolleyes:

Tony
:cool: :eek: :cool:[/quote]

[SIZE=3][B]Can't always keep up with you baby brother. You flit about too much. :) [/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][B]Arlene[/B][/SIZE]

[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3][B]I also heard at that aforementioned luncheon that the old Crown was being refurbished and coming back under another name. Anyone know anything about this? [/B][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3][B]Arlene[/B][/SIZE][/FONT]

Archived