What Will Be the Name of the New Princess Ship due in 2008

JLC@SD

And…since Princess has indicated in the past that MUTS is only destined for warm-water ships, it’s installation on the new build would mean it wouldn’t go to cold-water Alaska…

Hi, Brian.

Haven't heard much out of you since you returned from your Alaskan cruise. I hope you are well.

The Sea Princess - newly whitewashed and looking absolutely stunning - was docked beside the CB in St. Maarten during our cruise in January. While we have yet to sail on any of the "smaller" Princess vessels, I could tell just by looking that the retro-fitted MUTS screen on the Sea was a major detriment. The MUTS screen was totally absurd and detracted from the otherwise loveliness of the vessel.

I'm glad that the Star hasn't been "enhanced" with a MUTS screen, and, thankfully, the Dawn hasn't been so endowed, either.

Chris

:p Looks like for right now its plain ol' boring "Hull 6150".

Beth, you were right the first time, Derf is just being funny Derf.

I'm still thinking of the names that popped up and were being tossed around back when the Crown and Emerald were still unnamed; do you remember "Mafia Princess"?

My vote goes to another jewel, perhaps Ruby, Topaz, Pearl. Or possibly the Sun/Star astronomy group where we have such fun names as Moon, Asteroid, Comet, Meteor, Nebula, Planet and of course, the now-available Pluto Princess.

P.S.--FWIW, when I read the earlier post, I didn't think Lights was referring to anything more harmful than magic wands, gossamer wings and pretty dresses kinds of fairies.

Or possibly the Sun/Star astronomy group where we have such fun names as Moon, Asteroid, Comet, Meteor, Nebula, Planet and of course, the now-available Pluto Princess.

Those should be the names of the first Space Cruise Ship

Space Hotels: The Cruise Ship Analogy

from

http://www.spacefuture.com/archive/space_hotels_the_cruise_ship_analogy.shtml

Could you sea cruise lines selling the naming rights to their ships

Naming rights are the right to name a piece of property, either tangible property or an event, usually granted in exchange for financial considerations.
from
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naming_rights[/url]

Any suggestions

[quote name='JLC@SD']Since Crown is a reuse of a previous name.....maybe they will reuse Regal Princess......if the Regal leaves the fleet.[/quote]

I too hope that the name Regal is re-used in the future. However, not for a BIG ship. A small more intimate ship should have the name Regal.

The name Regal sounds ghastly when associated with large crowds. Wouldn't you agree? :)

[quote name='Fuzzzy']I too hope that the name Regal is re-used in the future. However, not for a BIG ship. A small more intimate ship should have the name Regal.

The name Regal sounds ghastly when associated with large crowds. Wouldn't you agree? :)[/quote]
[FONT='Comic Sans MS']I agree totally. [/FONT]

[quote name='Colo Cruiser']So they are getting rid of the Regal? :D[/quote]
transfering I think........quote:

And it is also time for [I]Regal Princess[/I] to leave the Princess fleet. She is added to the ever growing P&O Australia brand and will undertake cruises in Australia and southern Asia. Her new name will be [I]Pacific Dawn[/I].

[URL="http://www.castlesoftheseas.nl/hobbies25.html"]http://www.castlesoftheseas.nl/hobbies25.html[/URL]

[quote name='cruzinchris']I could tell just by looking that the retro-fitted MUTS screen on the [I]Sea [/I]was a major detriment. The MUTS screen was totally absurd and detracted from the otherwise loveliness of the vessel.

[I]Chris[/I][/QUOTE]

I loved watching the MUTS on the Sea Princess sailing from Quebec City to Ft. Lauderdale. I didn't think the Sea Princess MUTS was ugly but I bet it sure catches wind and makes the ship more top heavy. FWIW: The Sea Princess has totally enclosed bridge wings unlike her sister ships.

I vote for "Silver Princess"

Archived