What Will Be the Name of the New Princess Ship due in 2008

JLC@SD

The Crown Princess is in service......The Emerald Princess is due Spring of 2007 and an unnamed sister is due Fall, 2008.

What do you think the name of Crown Princess' and Emerald Princess' sister will be?

The Crown Princess is in service......The Emerald Princess is due Spring of 2007 and an unnamed sister is due Fall, 2008.

What do you think the name of Crown Princess' and Emerald Princess' sister will be?

Just curious~where will the new Emerald Princess sail? I hope Alaska. :)

sounds like she will be in the Carib and Med.

From the Princess website:

A veritable floating city, Emerald Princess is the perfect complement to the Caribbean and Mediterranean

If she's cruising in the Caribbean, she (without doing a world cruise or go around the Straight of Magellan) cannot go through the Panama Canal to Alaska. The number of cruise ships able to go through the Canal and thus do multiple itineraries is getting fewer and fewer. They have to be kept either around the Atlantic or the Pacific.

If she's cruising in the Caribbean, she (without doing a world cruise or go around the Straight of Magellan) cannot go through the Panama Canal to Alaska. The number of cruise ships able to go through the Canal and thus do multiple itineraries is getting fewer and fewer. They have to be kept either around the Atlantic or the Pacific.

Pam,

The Emerald will take over the 10-night Caribbean Medley/Islander itineraries that were formerly done by the Sun and Sea. Princess wants larger capacity vessels in the Caribbean because those are the most popular cruises. The Emerald will have a European/Mediterranean itinerary during the summer months.

DH and I are already considering the Emerald for January, 2008, although it's possible that we may opt for the Coral as we have yet to do the Panama Canal. It might be a good idea to wait until the "kinks" are ironed out on the new Emerald Princess - if there are any :) .

Chris

Pam,

The Emerald will take over the 10-night Caribbean Medley/Islander itineraries that were formerly done by the Sun and Sea. Princess wants larger capacity vessels in the Caribbean because those are the most popular cruises. The Emerald will have a European/Mediterranean itinerary during the summer months.

Chris

Chris... exactly. My point is that if the ship were doing Caribbean cruises, it couldn't do Alaska cruises as desired by one of the posters above.

Chris... exactly. My point is that if the ship were doing Caribbean cruises, it couldn't do Alaska cruises as desired by one of the posters above.

And…since Princess has indicated in the past that MUTS is only destined for warm-water ships, it’s installation on the new build would mean it wouldn’t go to cold-water Alaska…

And…since Princess has indicated in the past that MUTS is only destined for warm-water ships, it’s installation on the new build would mean it wouldn’t go to cold-water Alaska…
Not totally. :) The Sea Princess has MUTS and did the North Cape and Fjords itinerary this year. But the Sea Princess is an aberration from a number of perspectives.

How about the T Princess ? :D Just for bdjam and JLC .

I’m not sure what this is supposed to mean.

Not totally. :) The Sea Princess has MUTS and did the North Cape and Fjords itinerary this year. But the Sea Princess is an aberration from a number of perspectives.

Well that’s true – poor Sea Princess with that big old TV hanging from the funnel making her look like she’s got a tumor. But the warm water argument is how Princess justified not retrofitting the rest of the Grand Class. If it keeps MUTS off the ships, I’ll take it.

I don't understand why these companies can't come up with something original. NCL and Princess have many of the same names for ships. Why??

Princess had the names first – Dawn, Sun, Star are all Princess names from the early 90’s and before.

Well that’s true – poor Sea Princess with that big old TV hanging from the funnel making her look like she’s got a tumor. But the warm water argument is how Princess justified not retrofitting the rest of the Grand Class. If it keeps MUTS off the ships, I’ll take it.
Yup... I hear ya.

Archived