DUMB but...where do you check for a price reduction?

cayosusa

So sorry, but very new to this. Booked on Emerald Princess next July. New to this board, but read several places to keep checking for a price reduction. I don't know where to check! My TA says she checks the price about every month or so, but that doesn't seem to be enough according to some of the other posters, and I would like to check it myself. Please tell me. Thanks

Go to the line's site and big on line cruise companies and ask them to put you on their list. Then they email you specials. That's how we found $399, 7 days last March,but in Feb., $299, booked through our TA, for a BALCONY cabin on top deck. We're going on the Sun Princess, 10 days, Aloha deck (11) for $499 at end month. Sorry, I'm not allowed to give you names of companies on this board but these companies often have prices on cruisecrtic.

i check daily the price on the cruiselines web page.

Make believe we are booking a cruise for our ship and date. So far our price went up almsot 300pp more. Glad I booked when we did.

A lot of sales that you get in the email are for new bookings only and you may or may not get that price reduction.

Checking the online price for your cruise through the cruise line is the only 100% safe way. make believe you are booking the cat you already did with the same amount of people.

Guest rfrenchbaxter

Serene56,

I booked my cruise last Jan. for Jan. 2007. It began at 909.00 per person! We are sailing on RC Empress. The price has been reduced 2 times since I booked. I am now booked for 599.99 per person and the price has since gone up to 829.00 per person. I check their site every day. Be sure to clear your cookies on your computer before you check! Go directly to the name of your company you are cruising with, you need to be sure you check for your catagory, I have even called the company and ask what the price for that cruise was at the time. You just have to keep checking and when and if you do find a cheaper price you have to call your TA and they have to submit it! :p

Rfrenchbaxter

Is that Royal Caribbeans Empress??

Royal caribbean does not allow discounting...and if that price comes down I am under the impression that you will get it automatically?

When booking-- make sure a private agent will give those reductions.

I made that msitake a few years back and lost over 700 since the agent did not do that and final payment came and it woulda costs me lots of money to cancel.

Is that Royal Caribbeans Empress??

Royal caribbean does not allow discounting...and if that price comes down I am under the impression that you will get it automatically?

When booking-- make sure a private agent will give those reductions.

I made that msitake a few years back and lost over 700 since the agent did not do that and final payment came and it woulda costs me lots of money to cancel.

RCCL does not allow discounting by TA's but they do change their prices over time, either up or down depending how the ship is filling up. Unless it is a special for new bookings you can get a price adjustment, but I don't think that you will get it unless you ask for it. Our sailing on RCCL lowered its prices about 1 week after final payments were due. I called my TA and asked for the price reduction and a higher category cabin and got both. After the price reduction I realized I could go with a higher category cabin at a lower price than the cabin I was first booked for. If I had not called my TA I would still be at the original cabin at the orignal price.

OP, I would hope you are working with a TA; it is his/her responsibility to keep an eye on prices, but they too get busy. I think you have been advised well: just keep checking the website and emails. Again, many reductions are for new bookings only. Again, your TA can help you sort this out: more times than not reductions do not occur, but when they do they can be truely worth their weight in gold. I have a cliant leaving the end of this month, about 4weeks ago we were able to save them almost $900.00. NMnita

if you dont call the agnet you are not entitled to the reduction??

I thought it was across the board.

You might be entitled to a reduction, but the cruiseline doesn't automatically credit it to you unless you or your TA ask. Many TA's will monitor the prices and get a reduction without the passenger themselves bringing it to their attention. Some TA's do this as part of their customer service but many don't. I used an agency and the TA I spoke with wasn't even aware of the price reduction untill I asked. Then he called RCCL and had it credited to my account.

Serene56,

I booked my cruise last Jan. for Jan. 2007. It began at 909.00 per person! We are sailing on RC Empress. The price has been reduced 2 times since I booked. I am now booked for 599.99 per person and the price has since gone up to 829.00 per person. I check their site every day. Be sure to clear your cookies on your computer before you check! Go directly to the name of your company you are cruising with, you need to be sure you check for your catagory, I have even called the company and ask what the price for that cruise was at the time. You just have to keep checking and when and if you do find a cheaper price you have to call your TA and they have to submit it! :p

Rfrenchbaxter

You mention that you should clear your cookies on your company before you check. Why?

Thanks.

Archived