Benefits abord Junior Suite

No priority boarding? This must be new.....we have always had priority boarding with a JS.......:rolleyes:

Robyn it really depends on the port whether or not the JS gets priority boarding. Some people have reported getting it in one port but not at another.

Robyn it really depends on the port whether or not the JS gets priority boarding. Some people have reported getting it in one port but not at another.

We are in a JS for the Radiance out of Ft.Lauderdale next month......:confused:

We are in a JS for the Radiance out of Ft.Lauderdale next month......:confused:

I haven't sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale yet so I can't tell you whether JS get priority boarding there are not. But aren't you platinum already? If you are, you'll get the priority boarding no matter what.

My family and I will be traveling in February aboard the Mariner

(port canaveral) We booked a JS.

Being on the Mariner and departing from Port Canaveral will we get priority boarding?

How will we know before and while we are in line?

How much faster is it VS the "normal line"?

Thanks

I haven't sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale yet so I can't tell you whether JS get priority boarding there are not. But aren't you platinum already? If you are, you'll get the priority boarding no matter what.

Wrona - this cruise will make me Platinum once it is completed! I will be Platinum when I board the AOS in Feb - and Diamond when I get off!:D

We sailed out of Fort Lauderdale at the end of February on Enchantment, and we had a Junior Suite with 'suite' on the luggage tags. We had priority boarding, and were literally on the ship within 10 minutes of arrival! That was only our 2nd cruise - and first JS - and I said I'd do it again in a heartbeat. But if those perks go away, I don't know!

Wrona - this cruise will make me Platinum once it is completed! I will be Platinum when I board the AOS in Feb - and Diamond when I get off!:D

Ah, that's right. I couldn't remember, I just knew you weren't Diamond quite yet.:D

Does any one know if Mariner (departing from Port Canaveral)

gets priority boarding or not? (we have a JS Booked in Feb.)

If so.......

How and when will we know that we are intitled to priority boarding?

Thanks

We sailed out of Fort Lauderdale at the end of February on Enchantment, and we had a Junior Suite with 'suite' on the luggage tags. We had priority boarding, and were literally on the ship within 10 minutes of arrival! That was only our 2nd cruise - and first JS - and I said I'd do it again in a heartbeat. But if those perks go away, I don't know!

Well that's good to hear....I just hope the "rules" haven't changed over the past 6 months :rolleyes: Priority boarding is one of the few JS perks I would really miss if they take it away.......

we didn't even get any priority boarding for an OS on Radiance out of Miami this past January (our tags said suite, but the luggage was not seen by anyone in the terminal--and I wont get started on the complete lack of terminal operations coordination except to say we loved the Radiance despite a crappy experience at the port and will indeed sail the radiance again next month--because it is now sailing out of FLL not MIA).

Oh, and no robes were waiting for us in the OS and it took 2 days to get robes after asking and asking, and it took 2 days to get the champagne i ordered through RCI to be waiting in our stateroom on embarkation day...

so I have a JS booked on the sovereign this january--and my diminished expectations are that i will get 2 credits, the room will be more spacious than others on the ship--which is key on that ship in particular, and I expect absolutely nothing else.

We had a JS on Explorer out of Bayonne last month. The tags didn't say "suite" on them (I put one on my carry-on), so I was a little apprehensive about going into the priority area. However, there was someone there with a list of "approved" cabins and ours was on it, so in we went! There was absolutely no line at all - we walked right up, got our cards, got photographed and walked right onto a waiting shuttle.

Wow am I glad I have read everyones comments on the JS. I have been trying to decide if we are going to get a JR suite vs a GS. We are sailing on Adventure in March. We are a family of 4. It sounds to me like a JR suite is a suite in name only. I think I am giong ahead and get a GS. Can anyone tell me the "extras" that come with a GS? Is embarkation any different? Any and all info would be great.

Wow am I glad I have read everyones comments on the JS. I have been trying to decide if we are going to get a JR suite vs a GS. We are sailing on Adventure in March. We are a family of 4. It sounds to me like a JR suite is a suite in name only. I think I am giong ahead and get a GS. Can anyone tell me the "extras" that come with a GS? Is embarkation any different? Any and all info would be great.

We sailed in a GS on the AOS in February -

Priority embarkation (for sure!)

Concierge service/lounge

Robes

Little plated treats delivered to the cabin on formal nights (2)

2 cruise credits

Larger cabin

Having listed all that - there is a significant price difference between the JS and the GS - decide what is most important to you. Personally, I would not pay the higher price if your most interested in priority embarkation....I have many pics of the GS on the AOS...click the link in my signature :)

My family and I will be traveling in February aboard the Mariner

(port canaveral) We booked a JS.

Being on the Mariner and departing from Port Canaveral will we get priority boarding?

How will we know before and while we are in line?

Thanks

You won't know until you get there. At some piers there has been shore personel checking your cruise documents (not your luggage) and directing you to the appropriate line. At others, like our last cruise out of Seattle, it's just up to you as to which line you get into.

When we were in a JS cabin sailng from Miami, I made the mistake of asking someone and they told me no. I probably should have just got in line with my ignorance and waited to see what happened. When we sailed out of Fort Lauderdale, there was a gentleman asking to see our cruise docs when we started to get into the suites/plat/diamond check in line.

It really doesn't matter what our own personal experience might be because I believe it's one of those inconsistant things with RCI. Sometimes someone checks, sometimes they don't. I believe it changes from day to day, week to week depending on who might be running the show at check in or how many personel they have and where they need them most. It could also depend on the time of day and how far back the lines are going. No lines to speak of and it probably really doesn't matter. Long lines and they might be a little more particular who gets into the suite/plat/diamond check in line so as not the tic off their most loyal customers or those who have paid the bigger bucks for their cabins.

Sort of a way to keep everyone happy. Smaller lines, let people go to the shortest line for the quickest check in experience. People are happy and very few would care (or know) who was in the correct line. Longer lines make sure that they are in the correct line so that the loyal customers aren't upset about people cutting into the wrong line and slowing them down. I've seen grocery stores do the same thing when there was no one in the 12 items and under line. I've been directed out of longer regular lines to the open register even though I maybe had 20 or 30 items, just to get people through faster. In other words, the rules bend depending on the situation.

Archived