Benefits abord Junior Suite

A junior suite is not really a suite. The only additional things it gets over a regular balcony stateroom is 2 C&A credits instead of one, robes, and in some ports priority embarkation. Since it is not really a suite, it doesn't have to tip the stateroom attendant extra like the suites do.

What are the privilege in Junior suite?For example...butler,priority embarkation and debarkation,priorit luggage delivery...Thanks for your answe r...:D

Nick, no Royal Caribbean ship has butlers for any level of accommodation.

No one--not even the "real suites" get faster luggage delivery! Make sure you carry on anything you may need prior to bed that 1st night! Meds, bathing suit, feminine products, etc.... We've had bags arrive as late as

10pm!

The main benefit of a JS is the spaciousness! These are really nice rooms (as far as cruise ships go!) They're about the size of a regular hotel room. Prime real estate!

1) the balcony is 1 1/2 the size of the regualr baclony.

2) the cabin attendents have fewer rooms to clean for a bit more personal service.

3) a bathtub so you don't feel like your in a tube.

4) more space!!!!!!!!!!!!

However, the robes are for the GS and above unless you're platnium, but if you ask they may be able to get them for you :D

As you can see, you're getting a lot of different opinions on the JS cabin. IMO, this is a problem for RCI because a Junior Suite is not really a suite but just a larger stateroom. WRP69 has it correct.

Benefits are only the larger room/balcony, bathtub in most bathrooms (I believe Empress is the only ship that does not have a bathtub), and an "extra" cruise credit for sailing in a JS cabin (any cruise, not just 7 nighters or longer). On our last cruise (Vision) we did have upgraded toiletries in the bathroom but, I do not know if all other staterooms had them or not.

Most people have reported being allowed to use priority embarkation but, the one time we sailed in a JS out of Miami on Explorer (a few years back), we were denied using the line for suite guests.

Some report getting robes in their room but, until we were Platinum members, we did not get the robes. I've seen posts where cruisers have asked their stateroom attendent and then the robes have been provided. A few have reported it as automatic. Since becoming platinum members, the robes have been waiting for us in our stateroom when we get on the ship.

As you can see, you're getting a lot of different opinions on the JS cabin. IMO, this is a problem for RCI because a Junior Suite is not really a suite but just a larger stateroom. WRP69 has it correct.

Benefits are only the larger room/balcony, bathtub in most bathrooms (I believe Empress is the only ship that does not have a bathtub), and an "extra" cruise credit for sailing in a JS cabin (any cruise, not just 7 nighters or longer). On our last cruise (Vision) we did have upgraded toiletries in the bathroom but, I do not know if all other staterooms had them or not.

Most people have reported being allowed to use priority embarkation but, the one time we sailed in a JS out of Miami on Explorer (a few years back), we were denied using the line for suite guests.

Some report getting robes in their room but, until we were Platinum members, we did not get the robes. I've seen posts where cruisers have asked their stateroom attendent and then the robes have been provided. A few have reported it as automatic. Since becoming platinum members, the robes have been waiting for us in our stateroom when we get on the ship.

Not that I am completely disagreeing with your post....but if the JS is not really a suite, why do the luggage tags say "suite" ??

We sailed in a JS on the Radiance and our tags said "suite" ...On the AOS my parents had a JS and their tags said "suite"....that is how we got directed to the priority boarding line, the RCI person at the port saw our luggage tags and took us out of the regular line.

True, robes are not automatic in a JS, but they were brought to us after we asked.

I think RCI needs to re-think this whole JS thing.....too many inconsistencies.....:o

Happy cruising! :D

Not that I am completely disagreeing with your post....but if the JS is not really a suite, why do the luggage tags say "suite" ??

We sailed in a JS on the Radiance and our tags said "suite" ...On the AOS my parents had a JS and their tags said "suite"....that is how we got directed to the priority boarding line, the RCI person at the port saw our luggage tags and took us out of the regular line.

Robyn in the last couple of months people have reported that the JS tags no longer say suite on them, at least for most ships. So I think they are addressing that inconsistency.

True, robes are not automatic in a JS, but they were brought to us after we asked.

I think RCI needs to re-think this whole JS thing.....too many inconsistencies.....:o

Happy cruising! :D

On our last two sailings in JS cabins, they didn't say suite on them.

As for being directed to the priorty boarding line, I've never carried my luggage past the porters. I have seen a few people place a luggage tag on their carry on luggage.

IMO, the luggage tags of the past have always added to the confusion. Perhaps you noticed if you had the tips added to your Seapass account that it was not charged at the higher suite rate but at the standard stateroom rate. JS cabins are also denied access to the concierge lounge that is granted to passengers sailing in a true suite.

I agree with you about the cabin name. Either make it a suite wtih all the perks or change the name.

We're sailing in a JS on the Enchantment next week. Our luggage tags do not say "suite" - just where the cabin is located on the ship...AFT in our case. It seems the JS on RCI is pretty much the same as the mini suite on Princess (although RCI's appears larger) and the Verandah Suites on HAL. I love these cabins. They have more sitting room, are more comfortable, and I like the bath tub instead of the claustrophobic shower.

Enchantment was our first cruise with the traditional cruise docs (rather than e-docs) that the JS cabin luggage tag did not say suite on them. Our last cruise we had E-docs and picked up our luggage tags at the pier, which could account why they didn't say suite on them.

From reading the postings on this site, either RCI is not consistant with the way the tags are labled or, posters are going of what it was like that last time they had a JS cabin and that was 3 or 4 years ago. With RCI, I can easily believe it's inconsistancy with the tags.

Junior suite luggage tags no longer say suite on them, so at least one inconsistency has been eliminated. However, at the same time, the new brochures list junior suites under the Suite category of room types,which could create a whole new set of problems concerning eligibility for concierge privileges. Win a few, lose a few. ;) In our experience the extra roominess of a junior suite has usually been worth the difference in price between that category and a D1. Incidentally, a Princess so-called mini-suite is about the size of an RCI D1, and an outside room with verandah on Princess is noticeably smaller than either a D1 or an E1 on RCI.

Huh, I never found it confusing? For the concierce lounge it says it's availble for GS and higher.

Check out page 78 of their new Caribbean brochure which lists the features available in suites and includes "Complimentary concierges service available on all Radiance and Voyager family ships" and then goes on to list under the heading Available suites: Royal Suite, Owner's Suite, Royal Family Suite, Grand Suite, and Junior Suite. (my emphasis added). An asterisk after the sentence dealing with concierge service directs the reader to p. 118 of the brochure, and on that page it states that Complimentary concierge service is available to guests booked in suites on select ships". There is no mention that it is restricted to guests in Grand suites and above. I doubt that they intend to change their policy about junior suite guests not having access to the concierge, but their language is less specific than it used to be, hence my feeling that they are going to create more confusion and controversy.:rolleyes:

A little better proofreading would go a long way in eliminating these kinds of problems. In the same paragraph on p. 118, two consecutive sentences say that Concierge service is limited to guests 18 and over after 5:00 pm, although the second sentence says 5pm instead of 5:00pm.:confused:

Although I don't have that brochure I wonder if it's different on the web because I do remember reading somehwere that it was GS or higher. If that is not worded correctly in the brochure, I'd bring it with you on the ship and demand the service it says you should have. Although I'm sure someone has tried that. I wonder if it's worked?

Does it clarify anywhere in that brochure that it is GS or higher? I was under the impression that the confussion was simply because a JS is called a suite (or was), and yet the CL states that it only serves cat GS and up.

Only Grand Suite and above get concierge privileges. Junior will only get you 2 cruise points. Also no priorty boarding for JS, only GS and above.

No priority boarding? This must be new.....we have always had priority boarding with a JS.......:rolleyes:

Archived