Favorite Celebrity Ship

Sky Sweet

I have been on Zenith, Galaxy, Millenium and Constellation.

Of all of them Constellation was my favorite. Even though the floorplan is like Millenium- the decor was prettier. It was a beautiful vessel.

I love all the glass- especially the four glass elevators that look out over the sea. I love the buffet area- long with plenty of choices- and the seating is really nice- more glass- even little plexiglass circles on the floor that you can see the sea under your feet. Just really well designed- they thought of everything.

I have not been on any of the M class ships, so at this point in time my hands down favorite is the Century. It was just a wonderful ship, easy to navigate, great service, and of course we cruised with very good friends and a great time. I will be on the Century again next month, and I am excited to see the changes.

I have sailed on the Zenith, Horizon, Galaxy, Century (twice), and the Constellation. Next month I'm going on the Century again and like slotsaddict (we have a lot in common), I'm giving my vote to Century. I have enjoyed all of my Celebrity sailings and had a great time on the Connie last year, but there is something about the Century that draws me back. It's a beautiful ship and judging by the photographs from the re-fit, better than ever. They added a spa cafe, which is great and a specialty restaurant, which should also be terrific. I personally love the food in the dining room and it's hard to beat the fresh waffles and fruit for breakfast in the buffet. I thought the lunch buffet was also excellent last year with lots of choices including grilled items (I ate too many fried onion rings!), pizza, Indian specialties, etc. I will miss the T pool -- to me that's a loss, but overall the Century is my favorite.

Linda

PS - It's hard to rate the crew/staff since they tend to move around. Sometimes your favorite waiter from one ship shows up on another, but I have found the Celebrity crew/staff to be friendly and helpful on all the ships.

I have been on all the Celebrity ships except for Galaxy and hands down the Century is my favorite. It is perfect in size and the crew...new friends I made just made it extra special. I am on the same cruise as Slots and can't wait to see the wonderful enhancements to an already great ship.

I have sailed Mercury, Millenium (3X), Constellation and Infinity. I would vote for Constellation. While almost identical to the other M-Class ships there just seemed to be a touch better everything - decor, service, food quality etc.

Jim

Hi Everyone !

My vote goes to Summit and Century. The biggest reason has to be the wonderful crew we have met on both ships. While they all do a great job, we felt that the crew was exceptional on both Summit and Century.

:) They all have something different that's best - I love them all!

Refurbished Century for the consistently wonderful food and the most friendly, informative captain, but would never sail on her again because there is no spa pool any more and I have to say that there was a lack of space to sit round the main pool area.

Summit and Constellation - for the thellasotherapy pool area with its spa cafe and whirlpools - heaven on earth in there.

The now retired Horizon - incredible everything - service, food, staff, but then again, it was my first cruise and we all know that, sadly "things aint what they used to be."

Century is the only Celebrity I've been on, but would have to be my favorite cruise of all that I've done. The ship was beautiful but the crew was what made the experience so much better. Hands down the best crew I've ever had the privelege of sailing with! I'm sailing on her again next month on the same cruise as slotaddict and stinsowm and can't wait to see her after the refurbishment!

We sailed the Celebrity Century last October and loved it.. Now my question to you all is.. if you had a choice between the Century, Galaxy and Millie .all three doing the trans-atlantic in December 2007... and the only difference is that Century is 17 days...and the ports are basically the same.. Morocco and the Canary Islands.. which would you choose???? Because of the covered pool on the Milli and the Galaxy they are drawing me...especially the Galaxy (we prefer smaller ships). As they used to say on Saturday Night Life...DISCUSS!!!

We've done every Celebrity ship except Mercury and Zenith. By far, Constellation is simply the best because of her crew. The friendliest, most helpful, most caring crew I've ever seen - including the "Primo" ships of Seabourne and Crystal.

We sailed the Celebrity Century last October and loved it.. Now my question to you all is.. if you had a choice between the Century, Galaxy and Millie .all three doing the trans-atlantic in December 2007... and the only difference is that Century is 17 days...and the ports are basically the same.. Morocco and the Canary Islands.. which would you choose???? Because of the covered pool on the Milli and the Galaxy they are drawing me...especially the Galaxy (we prefer smaller ships). As they used to say on Saturday Night Life...DISCUSS!!!

I have been on Galaxy and Millenium. I did the May 2005 Tranatlantic on the Millenium and loved it! It was a wonderful cruise. As for size, Millenium is roomy and has vast open spaces. It is easy to navigate and the indoor pool on Millenium far exceeds the indoor pool on the Galaxy. I think you will LOVE the Millenium and can highly recommend it. If you can do the Constellation transatlantic though- I would pick that ship. Same layout as Millenium but even prettier decor.

We liked the Mercury the best. We liked the smaller ship and her layout. Everything seemed more personal. No complaints with the other ships though either. I guess we like all of the Celebrity line...Will be trying Century next...Hope she can live up to her sisters.

Nancy

Archived