celebrity luggage program

stipmom

Does anyone know if the luggage program is available in Miami and San Diego and what airlines is it available for? We used it on RCCl out of San Juan last Feb. and it was worth the $ since we had a later flight. The celebrity website has been down for a couple of days so I can't check.Thanks

Does anyone know if the luggage program is available in Miami and San Diego and what airlines is it available for? We used it on RCCl out of San Juan last Feb. and it was worth the $ since we had a later flight. The celebrity website has been down for a couple of days so I can't check.Thanks

I called about this as I was hoping to have our luggage taken from Century to Fort Lauderdale airport. It is valid for Miami arrivals but only flying out of MIA.

I haven't used the service yet, but I plan to on our next cruise. American Airlines is one of the airlines that RCCL and Celebrity use. If I'm not mistaken, there were several airlines that can be utilized for this service.

We were aboard the Summit in September to Alaska and did not know this would be an option for the return trip. There was a form that was delivered under our door to sign up for this option. I filled out the form and took it down to the desk. I asked about paying the fee and they told me it would be added on to our bill. When the luggage tags were delivered to our room for disembarkation, we discovered we had not been signed up for the program. Furthermore, the form was supposedly lost. The Vancouver airport was total chaos and there was only one person working behind the United counter. The very long, long, long line that looped around several times could have been avoided with this luggage program-assuming they hadn't lost it. That was my only complaint about the cruise so we were lucky.

Delta is one of the airlines that participates in the luggage program out of San Diego. We used it in May & it was wonderful. I loved not having to deal with the luggage until we got off the plane in Atlanta.

Terri

When you turn your luggage over at midnight is that the last you see of it until you reach your destination? I thought I read that you still need to claim your bags before you leave the cruise terminal.

Patty

When you turn your luggage over at midnight is that the last you see of it until you reach your destination? I thought I read that you still need to claim your bags before you leave the cruise terminal.

Patty

In San Juan you have to claim your luggage - porter takes it through customs and around the corner to AA

When my sister had this service in Ft. Lauderdale, once she put her luggage out that last night, she didn't see it again until she was home.

When you say home, do you mean her home, or her home airport?

Regards

We came into Los Angeles, not San Diego, but Soutwest was not on the list. We flew Alaska so we were able to use the service. We did not see our luggage again until we arrived at PDX. We were first off the ship, could have taken a much earlier flight if we had known about it, although you don't qualify if you flight is too early. I don't remember the times as we were flying out at 3:30.

If at the port of disembarkation you are required to clear customs then you must claim your bags and physically pass the customs agent with your bags and hand in your customs form. You then take your bags to a drop area where the airline takes over.

Homeland Security policy dictates that there is absolutely no way around this if a trip thru customs is involved. It would be a smugglers dream come true if there was a way to bypass random bag checks.

I guess it's what port you return to. We'll be docking in San Diego so hopefully once we set it out for the night we won't see it again until Atlanta. Appreciate the responses.

Patty

That's exactly how it worked for us, so I would think it would for you as well. We really love this service!

Terri

We use it in January 2006 when we got off our S. Caribbean cruise. We flew U S Air. The Celebrity porter took our luggage from the ship'staging area, with us, to a U S Air agent as we disembarked. She tagged our luggage to our home airport, and it was put into a waiting truck. We saw it next when we arrived at Phila. Airport.

It's a fantastic service in selected ports.

Between the time that the Porter helped you with your luggage and the Porter giving the luggage to the Airlines you most likely went through customs/immigration and gave them your form. At least this was our experience in FLL in Feb. with American Airlines. It was a great service and well worth the fee to us. I will use the service whenever it is offered.

I have used the service several times in FLL and SAN. In SAN I did not see the luggage til I got to the destination airport. In FLL, I had to have the porter take it through to the luggage valet truck.

In FLL it was $10, in SAN $20. Well worth it whatever the price!!!

Infinity in Ft Lauderdale last sunday, flew Delta, but no luggage service. In the disembarkation terminal I found my two bags,m then held up a $5 bill, I got a porter

When the bus got to the Ft Lauderdale airport it was chaos, along with others I had a porter handle my luggage, he off loaded everything then put my luggage back on, got the air line tags from the rep at the desk and took my luggage to the chute that was loading. I gave him $5, it was worth it.

Archived