Celebrity sailaway party music!

DavidLloyd

We just booked a 5-nighter on Century for February and have convinced several friends to join us. Now I want to make burn them CD's of our favorite cliche sailaway songs that make you go "awwww - I can see Old San Juan disappearing in the sunset." Usually by the fifth day I'm making up dirty song lyrics to keep from going crazy from hearing them over and over again, but they're still a great reminiscence.

All I can remember from January when we were onboard Millennium are: "The Best" byTina, Bob Marley's "No Woman No Cry" and "Somewhere Over the Rainbow." What other good (bad?) songs do YOU remember?

We just booked a 5-nighter on Century for February and have convinced several friends to join us. Now I want to make burn them CD's of our favorite cliche sailaway songs that make you go "awwww - I can see Old San Juan disappearing in the sunset." Usually by the fifth day I'm making up dirty song lyrics to keep from going crazy from hearing them over and over again, but they're still a great reminiscence.

All I can remember from January when we were onboard Millennium are: "The Best" byTina, Bob Marley's "No Woman No Cry" and "Somewhere Over the Rainbow." What other good (bad?) songs do YOU remember?

Frankie Ford's "Sea Cruise":D

Ole, ole, ole, ole

Ole, ole, ole, ole

Feeling hot, hot, hot

Feeling hot, hot, hot

Feeling hot, hot, hot

Feeling hot, hot, hot

Me mind ina fire

Me soul on fire

Feeling hot, hot, hot

Party people

All around me

Feeling hot, hot, hot

What to do on a night like this?

Music sweet, I can't resist

We need a party song

I found a mento jam

So let me rom-bom-bom-bom

Let me rom-bom-bom-bom

Ole, ole, ole, ole

Ole, ole, ole, ole

Let me rom-bom-bom-bom

Let me rom-bom-bom-bom

Feeling hot, hot, hot

Feeling hot, hot, hot

See people rocking

And people jamming

Feeling hot, hot, hot

Keep the spirit

Come on let's do it

Feeling hot, hot, hot

Hands in the air, sending graze your time

Let music capture at your mind

We have this party song

I found a mento jam

So let me rom-bom-bom-bom

Let me rom-bom-bom-bom

Ole, ole, ole, ole

Ole, ole, ole, ole

Let me rom-bom-bom-bom

Let me rom-bom-bom-bom

Feeling hot, hot, hot

Feeling hot, hot, hot

:) :) :)

I can't judge if it's good or bad song , but I heard it first on my VERY first sailaway in North America, and it quickly became my "cruise" song.

Does anyone know the name of the rather majestic song that Onyx plays? It is an instrumental with a trumpet solo. They played it on the Constellation this summer when we were sailing out of the Norwegian Fjords, and a couple of other times as well.

Shelley

Does anyone know the name of the rather majestic song that Onyx plays? It is an instrumental with a trumpet solo.

As I mentioned in my post above, it probably is:

1492 Conquest of Paradise (Onyx is the only band I've ever heard play this.

It is from the movie of the same name which came out in 1992.....

This is not from Celebrity, but from our sailaway on Splendor of the Seas in Mediterranean Sea (Barcelona).

Sway - by Brent Spiner

Thought it was very appropriate song/music .. specially after we watched Out to Sea.

Here http://www.amazon.com/Out-Sea-Original-Picture-Soundtrack/dp/B0000015NL/sr=1-1/qid=1160421928/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-6674666-7194502?ie=UTF8&s=music samples of songs from Out to Seas

Thank you tbelian and mmp13! That is the song. I just listened to it on UTube.

You can't imagine how beautiful and spiritual it was to be sailing past the fjords with that song playing.

Does Onyx only sell CDs on board ship or are they available elsewhere? I may have to buy the movie soundtrack.

Shelley

Does Onyx only sell CDs on board ship or are they available elsewhere?

I have looked for Onyx CDs elsewhere and came up completely empty handed. Even good ole' Google was of limited use/help. I found a reference to one of their former band members (I think at Amazon), but that's about it.

I purchased their cd 'Just Cruisin' after we first heard them on the Century almost 5 years ago. Oddly, I was thumbing through some CDs last night and came across this disc, which I thought I had lost ... If you want I can forward whatever information is found on the jacket/sleeve of the cd.

'Just Cruisin' does have Conquest of Paradise as one of the tracks.

The guitar player on deck ten aft was playing the Banana Boat Song at sailaway in the Med. I wanted to choke him!!!:D

Joan, that was something else, wasn't it? Sailing away from Venice with Jan on guitar on deck 10, trying to hold the 'day' of day-o for as long as he could, a la Bill Withers "Lovely Day". Hideous and totally inappropriate. It did give us a giggle afterwards though:D

Tom, I still have 1492 - Conquest of Paradise by Vangelis on the iPod from our Mexico trip last year and would concur that it is a great track. I listened to it a few times this year.

Phil

When we were sitting eating lunch on Century on embarkation day out of Barcelona, I wasn't really listening to the background music playing, but then a familiar song came on. Turned to my wife and asked if I should be concerned that they were playing the theme song from "Titanic" on board before we left. :) Just struck me funny/ironic. Interesting choice for music on a cruise ship.

Archived